It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP President : "Ron Paul is no racist"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

“Knowing Ron Paul and having talked to him, I think he’s a very fair guy I just think that a lot of folks do not understand the Libertarian platform,” he added.

Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded “No I don’t,” adding that he had heard Ron Paul speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.

Straight from the mouth of the NAACP President. Hopefully this puts all this garbage to bed and we can get back to the real issues on the campaign trail.

What else do you have up your sleeve Gloria Bugger / CNN / Sanjay Gupta ( lol ) ?

Link

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Awesome find, I am sure CNN and Fox will jump all over this.. *sarcasm*

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"He's a shill!"
"He's a sellout!"

Incoming in 3...2...

Seriously though, Dr. Paul has never, before or since those letters, shown any inclination toward racism. The evidence is just not there. It's yet another tactic for the anti-freedom crowd to shove more government intervention down our throats.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well geez. A message from the NAACP. Can it get any better than that?

Do we need Al Sharpton to confirm this too?

Id like to see one of Newts mistresses, or x wives he cheated on come out and say he isn't a complete scum bag.

The best part about all of this racism business, from twenty years ago, is this is all they can dig up.

Go Ron!

edit on 23-12-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Al Sharpton? Lol.. isn't that the same guy that dumped white girls in the trash? IIRC he was involved with some shenanigans like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Hopefully this puts all this garbage to bed and we can get back to the real issues on the campaign trail.
Very unlikely IMO. This was clearly made mainstream news at the time it was for a reason. Several polls have shown that Ron Paul was/is leading in Iowa. This newsletter has been brought up by several different MSM outlets several years ago, and they just now began to make it big news and give it lots of coverage once he was leading in Iowa. They clearly knew of its existence from day one, but only now brought it up.

Why? Because they're scared. They're doing everything they can to suppress him. They went all in with this racist nonsense, but even now that the NAACP president has called their bluff, there's no way that they're going to just drop it. Those spineless little bugs need to keep this going up until the Iowa caucus in order to ensure that he doesn't win, so they'll continue to bring it up in his interviews/news coverage.

What's the next attack going to be if this one does get stopped in its tracks? Accusations of advocating segregation because he would have voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act? War propaganda used in an attempt to discredit his foreign policy? Reefer Madness style drug propaganda regarding his position on decriminalization? An attempted assassination?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I think you are right on the trail of the next one. Only 'dopers' and hippies vote for Ron Paul. Of course this hasn't been pushed lately but when he is confirmed not to be a racist they need the next haphazard claim to play with for a week or two.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Tiesto should be president! =D

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I know dude. I've asked the usual suspects on this website who are always there to bash Ron Paul to find a single example of Ron Paul saying something racist in a speech or video throughout his entire 30 year political career. Over that time period, he's had to have given at the very least 1,000 speeches.

So far I've seen zero examples, obviously because there aren't any examples of him saying something racist that's even comparable to that newsletter. Nelson Linder agrees:

Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Awesome find, I am sure CNN and Fox will jump all over this.. *sarcasm*

Your post is a blatant LIE! Fox News and CNN asked the right questions,and I should own up to it EVERY TIME they trot this question out!! Im sick of my supporters backing me on a dead issue!

Respectfully, Ron Paul

I am also in the opinion that my Racist Friend, Ron Paul is 100% right! EVERYTHING he says is right,when it regards race,and a few other things!!!

Respectfully, Barrack Obama

See how someone can take a signature out of context?

Sarcasm off...............
Star for you!
edit on 23-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ha. Seems any race issue that rears its ugly head, you can depend on Al to get involved and give a speech.

Im sure most african american voters, or any other ethnic group that can think for them selves see through this crap, I think I would be offended by the MSM for trying to play the race card, imo.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Are you serious?

How do I know that this is true? How do I know the NAACP president feels this way? How can I possibly believe any of this?

Please use the answer, because he put his name to his statements. Please.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Al Sharpton? Lol.. isn't that the same guy that dumped white girls in the trash? IIRC he was involved with some shenanigans like that.

Oh so you just make # up too then?
Nice thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yep. We've all seen this quote probably 50 times, but look at what stage we're at:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

They're going all out with the attacks. As long as he can ride out the storm, according to Gandhi, he will win

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Are you serious?

How do I know that this is true? How do I know the NAACP president feels this way? How can I possibly believe any of this?

Please use the answer, because he put his name to his statements. Please.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96f17f23d06c.jpg[/atsimg] You know he feels this way because that's what he says. What would he have to gain by lying about this?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Hopefully this puts all this garbage to bed and we can get back to the real issues on the campaign trail.
Very unlikely IMO. This was clearly made mainstream news at the time it was for a reason. Several polls have shown that Ron Paul was/is leading in Iowa. This newsletter has been brought up by several different MSM outlets several years ago, and they just now began to make it big news and give it lots of coverage once he was leading in Iowa. They clearly knew of its existence from day one, but only now brought it up.

Not at all. Those of us that have known this crap for a long time had no reason to talk about it. Know why? Ron Paul was just another old man with some old racist letters. There is a big difference between Ron Paul sitting around in 2002 and Ron Paul running for president in 2012.

See it used to be, "Did you hear about Ron Paul's newsletters?" would be met with "Who?"
See the difference?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

He ran for president last election and they brought it up then big guy. This is nothing more than a propaganda based smear campaign, and you are eating it up like candy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It's an accusation no worse than what Sharpton was spouting. Don't forget during that case he had to pay for defamation of character. Well actually he didn't he had a bunch of Black business leaders pay for it IIRC. But I will have to look into the matter more. I wouldn't want to accuse him of that.. just bringing it up because he is a pile of [SNIP]

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I think he forgot the [/sarcasm] code.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

He ran for president last election and they brought it up then big guy. This is nothing more than a propaganda based smear campaign, and you are eating it up like candy.

No one was running for president in 2002, litte feller.
I never said he never ran before. I said you people just hearing about these newsletters now are the ones coming late to the party.
Nice retort to nothing I actually posted thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join