It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's Torture Machine (Warning* Contains distressing scenes)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Very disturbing documentry on the crimes being perpetrated on the Syrian people by their leader Bashar al-Assad. What do the ATSers think of the whole situation? After the Libya debacle, will the next stop be Syria? And if so; would any ATSers support such an action to 'liberate' such a country?
Personally, I believe that a people must fight for their own freedom, but even so; you'd expect the surrounding nations that share a border with Syria would raise an objection to the cruelty that is being meted out.

Oh yeah. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

I no longer support our military intervention. Be it unilaterally, through the UN or NATO. There is always a veil of deceit over the actions we take. It's never we the people urging our congressional reps to take action, its them selling us the action to take.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The uploader has not made this video available in your countryreply to post by MacDonagh

Just kill him, assassination, poison, bombing or hanging. Another country that needs a dose of democracy. BTW , uploader wont let us view video in Oz, but we get the message.
edit on 23-12-2011 by scratcher because: what it says

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scratcher

You can always type in syria torture in the youtube search engine but I do not recommend it due to the graphical content.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This video is not available in my country? First I seen that message... ?

Anyway, I remember in the days just before invading Iraq, there were similar documentaries showing how Saddam and his cronies tortured people. It seems like this type of documentary is part of the "standard operating procedure" for prepping the masses for an accepted invasion. Nobody is in favor of torture, and by showing "disstressing" scenes just plays to the hearts of people and makes even the most liberal antiwar sorts feel more accepting of a war effort.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

yeah, death and destruction gets boring after a while. Just find it hard to believe this can still happen , where are the UN troops, where is the humanitarian aid?
edit on 23-12-2011 by scratcher because: and a merry xmas to you too

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A woman I know that emigrated here from Syria about 20 years ago just came back from visiting family in Syria, she told me that there was nothing going on like what is being reported on the news here. The people, according to her, have never been as united as they are now. She had nothing very negative to say about al – Assad; it was not like she was praising him either. Her family apparently owns a successful store in Syria and they are doing fine.

She even said that once her youngest child finishes schooling here that they are moving back to Syria because, as she said, the United States is not what they want you to think it is. The economy is horrible, something is ‘very wrong with the people’, and our government/media are compulsive liars. Then she asked if I wanted to kill her family and people, I said “why would I want to kill any of you? You are a very nice person, and I assume your family is much like you”. Which was honest on my part, I despise the wars and military intervention in the Middle East.

Then it led to her asking if I would like to go to Syria when she returns, I could help run the store. Obviously I kindly said no, I do not know much about the country nor can I speak Arabic. But my point here is that, much, if not all, of what you hear from the media are outright LIES. I would trust someone who has been there within the past month, who has firsthand experience, to give me a more honest review, even if slightly biased, than our US warmongering media and government.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't think that this is the reality. Most of it is propaganda!! Do not believe everything just because you saw a video of it!

I just surfed youtube about this and found this vid. (extreme graphics)

They show a car and inside on the seat lies the "victims" brain.. But where is all the blood?

edit on 23-12-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

There is an element of truth to that, but the documentry seems to be incredibly damning; especially when Syria's own special little video of the 'atrocities' the soldiers have suffered have included edits featuring a Lebanon training video and a woman shooting an AK at a wedding. Sounds like propaganda to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is not the effing business of americans to invade or "free" a country from their leader. How brainwashed by the mass media you need to be? So by your own logic, USA should be occupied by some other country because Dick Cheney was ok with waterboarding ppl?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So let me get this in perspective, a few murders and bombings , a dictatorship government, the economy going down the toilet, but everythings fine, sounds familiar.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

You didn't even read my OP did you eagleeye? I merely wanted the opinons of whether or not ATSers would be favourable to a 'liberation' of Syria. I never once mentioned the US at all but you couldn't stop yourself from bringing it up with:

So by your own logic, USA should be occupied by some other country because Dick Cheney was ok with waterboarding ppl?

I believe that the countries that bordered with you: Mexico and Canada should've publicly stated that they do not agree with your government's kidnapping and torturing of foreign nationals. Though I sincerely doubt they don't give a damn about what other countries think of them; there is no need to bring the US up. They'll be in Syria once Obama gets voted in again regardless.
Not to mention that Syria's situation is very different from North America. For example, in America, they aren't explicitly torturing civilians, killing them and sending the bodies back to the families. Not yet anyway.
edit on 23/12/11 by MacDonagh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Have you been to Syria in the past couple of months? If so, please enlighten us on the situation unfolding there from firsthand experience. I would gladly love to hear two sides to the story (not sarcasm), but if you do not have said experience then how can you know more about the situation than a woman living here in the States that just visited the country?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this is sickening and angering.... i can't contain it these are crimes against some ones child ,some ones mother, some ones father, some ones grand father.

these are people ....i would hate for the USA to get involved, but this needs to dealt with in some fashion.
i would join the military just to go help these people. THEY ARE DOING THIS TO CHILDREN AMONG OTHER THINGS.....

did early posters even watch the video .......?????????????

if you can't watch the video here is a link to where you can watch it

www.channel4.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

Some people can't watch it because they aren't situated in the UK; others have already made their mind up about Syria being a psy-op designed to manufacture consent for preventive measures and a no-fly zone against Syria. Thanks for providing an alternative link for the video.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is what I get when I try to watch the video:

First for me too...never seen this message!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
reply to post by GodofWar411

others have already made their mind up about Syria being a psy-op designed to manufacture consent for preventive measures and a no-fly zone against Syria.

How else could this be interpreted?

As another posted stated this kind of CRAP is S.O.P.....

Time to spread more "peace" in Syria......ie. drop bombs, yes, OP?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

reply to post by eagleeye2

reply to post by Hellas

reply to post by Misoir

reply to post by IronDogg

reply to post by type0civ

I'm far from advocating any action by NATO on Syria. As a matter of Fact, I say we the West should stay the hell out of their internal business. But, I just wanted to point out the obvious here.

None of you posted anything concerning the "Atrocities" that have been and are still being carried out by the Syrian Government on it's own people in the REAL world. But seem more concerned about what could possibly happen IF NATO get's involved.

Now why is that?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There's plenty of countries committing atrocities against their people. Why should Syria be next on our list?

We don't fix anything by intervening, Libya is worse off, arguably so is Iraq...

I hope Russia puts its foot down this time.

(And I say all of this with extreme loyalty towards the USA, we need to stop the wars now!)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join