It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting and rare UFO documentary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi All.
Firstly I know that this has been posted a few months back so please don't shoot me!!
I'm sure many people will not have seen this either.
I'm not after stars and flags, feel free to search out the original post and S&F that if you like.

I found this posted on the Thrive movement FB page, i think that they had a lot of questions thrown at them as to why aliens where thrown into the mix in their film.

Why does THRIVE cover aliens, UFO's and ET phenomenon? In March of 1995 a highly unusual, Disney-produced TV special aired presenting UFOs and alien visitation to our planet as a matter of fact. Those who tracked this incredible production state that it was shown only once, and with no advance notice on stations in only five US cities. Thanks to a viewer who was able to roll the VCR and capture it, we have a record of the startling statements it contained. Watch this fascinating 45-minute program at the link below:

Anyway, the film is new to me and i'm about half way through.
I like the 'matter of fact' approach that is used throughout, as if disclosure has happened.
The fact it was only broadcast in 5 cities also intrigues me.

Of course it could all just be clever advertising campaign for the Disney land attraction that is mentioned throughout!!

Enjoy!!

Dave

edit on 20/12/2011 by waveydavey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well, I have never heard of this before. I really appreciate you reposting or I might have never. I'm about 21 minutes in right now and you're right. Everything they stated so far has been very "matter of fact". Its almost as though they received permission to disclose and make this documentary.

Either way, I'm totally intrigued and will finish watching now.

S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i will check latter this one

thank's

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That was a good little documentary/advertisement from Disney. But I did notice the over use of the "S" symbol, from the nazi party. The one that the SS officers used like the two lightening strikes! This is seen during the alien encounters interviews, when the women is speaking about being abducted, and you can see the background has an abundance of the lightening strikes. Then at the end, when they are advertising the ride, they say that the XS studios has made the ride, and the S in XS is a lightening strike.

I am sure most of you know about the connotations between the Walt Disney and the Nazi's, as well as the Nazi's and the Aryan conspiracy. Just throwing it out there!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Now I did not notice that!!
Will have to re-watch!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Great find op
S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I thought it was brilliant to be honest.
I hope that we see more documentaries like this in the future!!
Dave

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey
Of course it could all just be clever advertising campaign for the Disney land attraction that is mentioned throughout!!

I'm in the middle of watching it now, but I believe this is the case - the doc is called Alien Encounters: From New Tomorrowland, and according to Wikipedia (yes, I know, not the most credible of sources, but...)

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (often abbreviated Alien Encounter) was a "theater-in-the-round" attraction in the Tomorrowland section of the Magic Kingdom themepark at Walt Disney World Resort. It was a darkly humorous science-fiction experience that used binaural sound to achieve many of its effects.

A warning outside the attraction's entrance alerted guests that it was intense and unintended for children under the age of 12.

It opened briefly for previews on December 16, 1994, on the site of the former Mission to Mars attraction, but was ordered closed on January 12, 1995 for retooling by then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner. It opened officially on June 20, 1995 as part of the Magic Kingdom's New Tomorrowland.

It closed permanently on October 12, 2003. The attraction was replaced by Stitch's Great Escape!, which uses much of the same technology and set pieces.

While The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter was short-lived, it developed a cult following among Disney fans. Some praised it for its sophisticated tone, in contrast to other Tomorrowland attractions such as Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter.

Disneyland

Alien Encounter was proposed for Disneyland for the project "Tomorrowland 2055", as part of the "Disney Decade", started by Michael Eisner. It was to be installed in the space that housed the attraction Mission to Mars. Also proposed to join "Tomorrowland 2055" were The Timekeeper, which was to take over Circlevision 360, and also Plectu's Fantastic Intergalactic Revue, a musical revue which was to land where America Sings once was located. Due to budget cuts from the Disneyland Paris opening, "Tomorrowland 2055" was scrapped.

I don't have the sources at hand, but I think they did something similar with Atlantis documentaries (pushing them on to the History Channel) when they were coming out with their Atlantis movie. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same here with their park. Still interesting, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'd like to fire this up again to see if anyone knows why
Disney stated its UFO claims as fact. Whether it truly only aired in
5 cities, and if anyone is an authority on the relationship
between Disney SAC (USAF) and UFO's ?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
tried clicking on the you tube link and it states, it is private ??

new topics

top topics

join