It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here, watch this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No B.S., no "look at me I can make people look/feel stupid with this bunk video" here... You can also go to latest-ufo-sightings.net, click on N.America then the California link, theres multiple eyewitnesses from Wittier and Ojai.... This footage was taken by me in Chino Hills.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by MaxJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Not sure whether a thread has already been made about this UFO in Cali..But to say the object in this YT video is a UFO, is a little far-fetched..As the quality of the recording makes it difficult to say for sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
...proves there was a blinking light in the sky. Can't even tell if it moves.

Yahoo answers

Stars "flicker" or "twinkle" because their light has to pass through earth's atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is made up of lots of stuff; dust particles, air molecules, and water. This stuff bounces around a lot. Because stars are so far away, their apparent size to us on earth is quite small, so even the very tiny particles of stuff bouncing around in earth's atmosphere can block out a significant portion of a star's light when they pass in front of it. Not only does this cause the "flickering" or "twinkling" effect, it also bends the light coming from the star, causing the light to change color! When stars are low on the horizon, their light has to pass through an even greater slice of earth's atmosphere to reach our eyes, so there's even more stuff (dust particles, air molecules, water) bouncing around to cause these effects. Even planets, when they're low on the horizon, can appear to twinkle like this. You are correct that a star's color indicates its temperature and age. The color flashes and changes from the star's light passing through our atmosphere, however, aren't indicators of temp/age. Remember, those changes and flashes of color are just the star's light bending around stuff in our atmosphere.

edit on 14-12-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/12/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've personally seen this kind of UFO before. Flashing red and blue lights.

Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have a question. I couldn't tell in your vid, was the object stationary?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Yes, I know... it's hard to convince someone but that's not what I intend to do. You may take it as you wish. All I know is I practice drumming by the Santa Ana river on the service road (multiple time) and have never seen this body of light in this position of the sky, hyperactively flickering or not. I'm not the only one who has seen this. Research the date, 11-29-2011 could be on the 30th as well considering this thing was in the night sky past midnight. Also it DID disappear for a while then reappear. I have 10 more minutes of footage but it's not any better. It was taken on a regular 10 pixel digital camera for cripes sake.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The object was stationary. It was just so hard to stabilize a handheld digital camera.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
I've personally seen this kind of UFO before. Flashing red and blue lights.

Pretty cool stuff.

Oh cool, where did you see yours?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxJohnson

The object was stationary. It was just so hard to stabilize a handheld digital camera.

Thank you for the answer. Then I can say, I too, saw something very similar in 1977, Palo Also Ca. about 1 am Stanford Campus, out by the lake. Two other people were with me, they saw it too. For approx 12-15 mins, it did it's flashing thing....then shot straight up until it faded from view. The manner of the flashing, almost seems to be a geodesic angular shape. Spinning?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Being that the object was stationary, especially for a long period of time, I would guess it isn't anything of concern. Probably just a twinkling star or something.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
...proves there was a blinking light in the sky. Can't even tell if it moves.

Yahoo answers

Stars "flicker" or "twinkle" because their light has to pass through earth's atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is made up of lots of stuff; dust particles, air molecules, and water. This stuff bounces around a lot. Because stars are so far away, their apparent size to us on earth is quite small, so even the very tiny particles of stuff bouncing around in earth's atmosphere can block out a significant portion of a star's light when they pass in front of it. Not only does this cause the "flickering" or "twinkling" effect, it also bends the light coming from the star, causing the light to change color! When stars are low on the horizon, their light has to pass through an even greater slice of earth's atmosphere to reach our eyes, so there's even more stuff (dust particles, air molecules, water) bouncing around to cause these effects. Even planets, when they're low on the horizon, can appear to twinkle like this. You are correct that a star's color indicates its temperature and age. The color flashes and changes from the star's light passing through our atmosphere, however, aren't indicators of temp/age. Remember, those changes and flashes of color are just the star's light bending around stuff in our atmosphere.

edit on 14-12-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

This "star" has not been in this location. This is not your typical "twinkle twinkle little star" observation. My eyesight is horrid at night but yet this flashing grabbed my attention, enough so that luckily I had my casio camera on me and zoomed in to record. It is not a planet, it is not a star, it is not a kids toy, it is not a space station, it is not a meteor. Funny thing about your prepackaged embedded explanation is that it didn't affect the rest of the stars in the sky. Go figure...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Thank you for the answer. Then I can say, I too, saw something very similar in 1977, Palo Also Ca. about 1 am Stanford Campus, out by the lake. Two other people were with me, they saw it too. For approx 12-15 mins, it did it's flashing thing....then shot straight up until it faded from view. The manner of the flashing, almost seems to be a geodesic angular shape. Spinning?

Thank you for your input. The rest of these richard craniums saying it's a twinkling star just don't get it or they are just doing their job deriding threads. I have seen two triangle ufos in 1992 flying in flank formation, 29palms CA. with a couple of my barracks mates and were scared s-less. They made no noise, were only about 6-800 feet above us and extremely ominous. amber light on each angle, no FAA lighting. Secret govt. ops you say?? I say why would you fly these things in plain view?? Why raise the percentage chance to one hundred if one were to crash?... exposing top secret classified info? Thats why I'm usually looking up.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can't say I'm convinced by this video. Just seems like a flashing blur to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxJohnson

Thank you for your input. The rest of these richard craniums saying it's a twinkling star just don't get it or they are just doing their job deriding threads.

Um, your true colors are showing here. I think you slipped up. If you want anyone around here with half a brain to take you seriously, then you don't want to throw in with the ignorant freaks that think anybody that doesn't blindly swallow a useless blurry blinking light video is a paid disinfo agent. I think you have spent too much time in your pot-smoking hippie drum circle.

I have seen two triangle ufos in 1992 flying in flank formation, 29palms CA. with a couple of my barracks mates and were scared s-less. They made no noise, were only about 6-800 feet above us and extremely ominous.......

Um, you forgot to state the obligatory "it flew off in a blink of an eye" bs that anyone making stuff up seems to add. Wow, only 600-800 feet above you and it was "ominous"? I think your range finder and your ominous meter are a little off scale, but hey you say it happened to I have to accept your not just making stuff up, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
look like the normal type of blinking orb UFO. Its so hard keeping a camera still when you zoom in so much. A tripod would be great but who really has one in there car with there camera all the time...and if you did some ATS members would call it fake becuase you have a video that not shaky and clear...you cant win either way. Thanks for the post ! amazing phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Um, your true colors are showing here. I think you slipped up. If you want anyone around here with half a brain to take you seriously, then you don't want to throw in with the ignorant freaks that think anybody that doesn't blindly swallow a useless blurry blinking light video is a paid disinfo agent. I think you have spent too much time in your pot-smoking hippie drum circle.

Really man? If your going to attempt to throw out someones claims as BS..do it with some originality....hippie pot smoking drum circle....im sorry but the majority of people see pot as no more dangerous than alchohol or tobacco. There is no reason to bring in someones habbits, hobbies or medication for some people as a downfall to the authenticity of there story..im afraid you may have slipped up.
edit on 14-12-2011 by TheMur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

I'm sorry, your vision must be "clouded" and your not able to see how you screwed up the simple quoting commands in your post (hopefully you fixed it by now and your post reflects that, I mean, if your going to make a "drugs are good for you" argument then at least impress us by showing how you can manage a few character entries via a simple keyboard).

But to the point, anytime someone comes on here with the quality of "evidence" that the op has, while stating he saw it while involved in some sort of drum thingy (lol) then you have to expect someone like me to pop in and point that out?

I mean, the OP has spent so much useless time telling us what it "isn't" without giving us one reason to think he/she has the mental ability to actually determine that. Come one, if your telling me it isn;t a star or planet, give me the information (direction, time of day, etc) so I can easily check that stuff out. The OP isn't smart enough to do the basics, but damn if he/she is smart enough to insist what it "isn't".

Give me a break,
edit on 14-12-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
lol if this was chess id whipe the floor with you, I knew you would come back with my formating , however when your at work and dont have all the time in the world to post on ATS typos are made...i was going to fix it then just hit the edit button due to more important duties....what is more imporatnt is that I got my point across. You seem very aggresive at tearing a persons story apart rather than coming to a civil conclusion.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
With all the HD recording devices avaliable and most of them with powerful zoom lenses how come we never get any clear footage of UFO's ?
Any 'new' footage appears to have the same quality and filming techniques that were employed by amatuer camera operators of the early 1980's.

I mean if your filming something far away and having to use zoom then common sense tells you to use something to rest the camera on, anything at all would do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join