It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighbor's dog.[WTB]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I don't trust anyone,today are less people that care for an animal,those are hard times,for dogs!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yes,you are right Ophiuchus 13,I will try to follow my instinct,but only after I will think well.

Okay, I'm sorry but I am going to say this now.

What is there really to think about here? Yes, we know about the trespassing etc. No big deal considering the situation.

If you are worried you will get in trouble with the law, take photographs of the dogs wounds, his non existent water supply, etc. so that you have proof.
You either help it, or you don't. Simple.

Don't over complicate this.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by

TextIf you are worried you will get in trouble with the law, take photographs of the dogs wounds, his non existent water supply, etc. so that you have proof.
I already have two photos,I will do another one or two and I see what I will do ,thank you for your kind advice Tripple_Helix.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Call the PETA nazis, they will make the guys life hell. I had a similar situation, the guy in back of my house left for over a week, and the dogs barked constantly, day and night, as fast as they could suck in another breath. It was really loud. They were left outside with a big bowl of water and good and were obviously stricken with separation anxiety. Keeping an animal in an area where it can die from lack of food and water is tantamount to torture.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

TextThey were left outside with a big bowl of water and good and were obviously stricken with separation anxiet
reply to post by OvniHill

The only time when this dog rejoice,is when he see me,coming,he know that I will
throw him some food!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If your sure he hasn't come for 3 months, then it's time to do something, dogs are also social creatures that need attention from other dogs or humans.

It's time to man up.

Edit: here's my advice!! If you don't want the owner to find out you took the dog, then it's easy. Just take the dog and find another owner that will take care of him! Then when the man comes back, he will think the dog just ran away from hunger. How does he even expect the dog to even be alive. anyway? He won't care.

The good thing from this tactic is he will never know you were involved at all.

edit on 13-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
just help the dog. NOW. the owner clearly doesn't care about it and shouldnt be allowed to have pets as he clearly cant look after them. that dog is lucky your there otherwise it would be dead and im guessing the owner probably thinks it is.
sounds stupid but why not place a plank of wood over the fence to act as a ladder for the dog to get in your garden.... thats not tresspassing.
take some photos of the condition the dog is in incase he kicks up if\when the owner returns. he should be done for animal cruelty and banned from having pets.

Im getting angry thinking about that 'person' leaving a helpless dog to die so all i'll say is HELP THAT DOG

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I will say the same thing everyone else has been saying for the last 4 pages. Take action, decisive action, now! Call the police, call animal welfare, call someone to stop this POS ever being allowed to have another animal. It is winter and the nights are cold. Dogs can take a lot of punishment but that still doesn't make it right. If you know in your heart you have done the right thing, and can back that up with physical and photographic evidence, no court will charge you.

Please, really, NOW!

ETA And give the dog a new name. Lucky is a good name methinks

edit on 13/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

Doh! I just noticed the WTB in the title. Please ignore my post. This is the 3rd time I've commented on a fictional story.
*kicks self in rear*
edit on 13/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Doh!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

TextAnd give the dog a new name. Lucky is a good name methinks
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I already give him a name,you cannot change the dog name in an instant!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

TextIm getting angry thinking about that 'person' leaving a helpless dog to die so all i'll say is HELP THAT DOG
reply to post by just1cornell0

I already help the dog by feeding him,now I am thinking to a solution, to get him to the vet!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Doh! I just noticed the WTB in the title. Please ignore my post. This is the 3rd time I've commented on a fictional story. *kicks self in rear*

WTF is WTB??????????????????

Please, someone explain now- I googled it earlier and it said "want to buy"...

I figured, since the OP seems "foreign"... or English not being his first language, I thought that maybe he made a mistake posting in the short stories forum...

edit on 13-12-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

Plus this:

First of all,yes this is a true story,this individual use to be ranger for a large area,but he've done a lot of bad things.he is a bad person and I will think to a solution,but right now the important thing is to feed the dog and find a solution to treat his wound!

edit on 13-12-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have a hard time dealing with people who abuse animals, children, women, their relatives. It is heartbreaking. I worked at the horse rescue three times and couldn't believe how the previous owner people treated the animals, it was hard to sleep at night after working there. I stopped working there when gas went up to $4.00 a gallon because it was an hour drive away by highway. Alot of people were abadoning their animals at the begininng of the recession. Leaving horses in State Parks.

I have called the animal control people on neighbors who keep hound dogs outside in a shed in the middle of 20 acres. I don't think the authorities did anything, and apparently this is deamed ok in this state. I don't like it one bit. I really get upset when I see dogs in the backs of people's trucks this can result in the death of the animal.

I love dogs, I adopted one from the animal shelter that must have had distemper as a puppy and was partially blind as an adult. He bit five people during five years. He was unprovokedly agressive. We had a baby and had to find him a new home, because his behaviour was unpredictable and he bit people unprovoked. Animals can have bad breeding and mental illnesses too, just like humans. We still loved him even though he was unsafe to be around small children. It was very sad for me to give him up, but I had to make the adult decision. Thinking of the child's safety and growing up scar free, which he has.

Your neighbor should lose the right to have the animal, take photos of the situation, and write facts down the about situation. I would take the dog and keep him, or find him a new loving home. This is a noble thing you are doing, that really matters. Best of Luck. Life is just filled with messy difficult choices.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Here is your answer,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Depending on your local law(s) it is justifiable for a neighbor to retrieve a neglected animal or at least contact animal control,ASPCA and or the authorities. Failure to do this makes you just as accountable as you have had knowledge of a crime taking place and failed to report it. The dog probably scratched itself raw because he has mange or fleas.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

TextYour neighbor should lose the right to have the animal, take photos of the situation, and write facts down the about situation. I would take the dog and keep him, or find him a new loving home. This is a noble thing you are doing, that really matters. Best of Luck. Life is just filled with messy difficult choices.
I already have one dog,but another one will be no problem,I feel like it's already mine.People are paradise,and it's very hard to deal with them.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
Depending on your local law(s) it is justifiable for a neighbor to retrieve a neglected animal or at least contact animal control,ASPCA and or the authorities. Failure to do this makes you just as accountable as you have had knowledge of a crime taking place and failed to report it. The dog probably scratched itself raw because he has mange or fleas.
I try to do my best,according to the laws,but the laws protect people ,not animals.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I try to do my best,according to the laws,but the laws protect people ,not animals.

That is false. Laws also protect animals.www.aldf.org..., I'm not sure where you are from but almost every country has these laws in place. If this is a made up story then why do you continue to act as though it is real? I am confused.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

laws protect people ,not animals.

If laws protect people, then you should be protected for protecting the animal.

Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

That is false. Laws also protect animals.www.aldf.org..., I'm not sure where you are from but almost every country has these laws in place. If this is a made up story then why do you continue to act as though it is real? I am confused.
It is real story,there are laws to protect the animals,but think....now days the respect of the law by the authorities....!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

laws protect people ,not animals.

If laws protect people, then you should be protected for protecting the animal.

Good Luck.
Thank you Tripple_Helix,I try to find a good solution in a way that all the parties, be pleased.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join