It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighbor's dog.[WTB]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
My neighbor has this dog a sheep dog.The problem is that he has two houses, and he does not live here.
He use to come and feed he's dog,but for three months now ,he didn't show up.I feed this poor dog throwing food over the fence every day,he drink water only when it rains.He is very attached of me.Every day when I come home, he know that I will give him something to eat.
The problem is that for a week now ,I observed that the fur on his back is striped.I can see he's skin, and is very red,like a disease.
I don't know what to do.I cannot trespass the property,so I cannot help this poor dog.
Maybe you have an idea how can I help this poor sheep dog!
He look something like this.

source(artvalue.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Where do you live?

You should contact the police or the local agency that deals with animals in your city. This is a case of abuse in part of the dog's owner and he or she should be held responsible.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Where do you live?

You should contact the police or the local agency that deals with animals in your city. This is a case of abuse in part of the dog's owner and he or she should be held responsible.
i know,but where I live is very remote and,authorities are not very interested in such a problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You got two options

Either try to contacting the owner or local authorities

or

Tear the fence down/ dig a hole and get the dog and get him some help before he dies.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

If he has not shown up for three months the for the love of God, PLEASE go and fetch the dog.

Do you have any other pets of your own? Do you have an enclosed yard?

If so, keep the dog temporarily. If the dog has become attached to you, then you are giving him a friend and companion too.

Please know, you will be doing the right thing.

The sore on his back could be from anxiety, stress, loneliness or boredom. Many dogs will chew themselves until the fur is gone. My dog does this in some patches out of boredom.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Most fences don't go down very deep...you could dig a hole under the fence if you don't want to tear part of it down or if it's too high to jump

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

If he has not shown up for three months the for the love of God, PLEASE go and fetch the dog.

Do you have any other pets of your own? Do you have an enclosed yard?

If so, keep the dog temporarily. If the dog has become attached to you, then you are giving him a friend and companion too.

Please know, you will be doing the right thing.

The sore on his back could be from anxiety, stress, loneliness or boredom. Many dogs will chew themselves until the fur is gone. My dog does this in some patches out of boredom.
I have my own dog,but the problem is that my neighbor,is a bed person this is his third dog,the last one died on New Years eve when he get drunk,I don't know what he have done, because I was gone!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here is what you should do.

1, Kick in the fence/gate so you can get the dog out.

2,Claim ownership of the animal and get his skin looked at by a vet 'sounds like mange to me'.

3, Enjoy your new companion, walk him regularly and take care of him with lots of nice food, water and walks in the forest

4, If the neighbour turns up looking for the dog, punch him in the face repeatedly or hit him with something heavy and tell him to f**k off . Or if you don't like using violence to make a point, call the police and tell them of the conditions the animal was being kept in and get him prosecuted

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If you are afraid of the owner, don't be. He cannot touch you.
Speak to the local authorities about the situation and ask for advice and what you can and cannot do.

Maybe you can adopt the dog. Otherwise, just try and re-home him.

Last week, I adopted a little dog from the SPCA just because they were about to euthanize him because he was with them for too long. I paid for the dog, neutering, de-worming, etc...and re-homed it, because I could not keep it as I have two big dogs.

There are many things you can do.

Otherwise, just keep on feeding it, but the problem is that this dog is lonely, it has no one.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
OP you have to do something to save that dog!

It's well being is in your hands. Please do the right thing and get him out of there!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Call the animal shelter. They will come out and take the dog.

But, I am going to say, if you do nothing and you just keep watching this dog suffer and don't call the SPCA, some animal shelter, or even the authorities to step in. Then, you are no better then the owner of that dog, and should not take this dog in.

The longer you let it go, the more this poor dog suffers.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Can you take a picture of the dog and load it on here?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Most fences don't go down very deep...you could dig a hole under the fence if you don't want to tear part of it down or if it's too high to jump
If I dig a hole ,this will be trespassing.The laws protect humans(beasts) and not animals!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Shame, isn't that a bit harsh? He/she has been feeding it, and posted on here to ask for advice.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

OP you have to do something to save that dog!

It's well being is in your hands. Please do the right thing and get him out of there!
I was thanked,that I can feed him,though with fear....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If I dig a hole ,this will be trespassing.The laws protect humans(beasts) and not animals!

Tell him that the dog dug the hole to get out. Or that it jumped the fence.

No biggie... Why are you so scared of this man???

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

TextIf you are afraid of the owner, don't be. He cannot touch you. Speak to the local authorities about the situation and ask for advice and what you can and cannot do.
Well I am not afraid of the owner,but usually I don't speak with rude people,I don't like them!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
Can you take a picture of the dog and load it on here?
I can take a picture of the dog, with my phone, but I don't know how to download, I tried before and didn't work, I am sorry!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

So, I ask you. What are you going to do then?

Do you have anything in mind after the advice that has been given?

You have many options.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Saving the dog should be your first priority

Dealing with the incompetent owner should be last

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join