It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Press Release Concerning the Situation in Greece

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey everyone!

I just saw this morning a press release by Anonymous. Now I know that Anon as a group can cause many reactions, people can be very supportive of them or hate them altogether. However, this press release, along with every external link they give,and the things they say, actually shows 100% what the situation in Greece is like right now, and how desperate people are. We are experiencing shock and awe, and Anonymous seem to get it. This is their formal press release:
source:taxitzhs.blogspot.com...

"Greetings world, this is the first press release by #OpGreece. We want to raise awareness of the critical situation in Greece, and about our existence. We want to raise the awareness not only of Greeks within Greece, but Greek expatriates, you who are of Greek descent and the entire world.

We all saw the UC spray cop right? And the Tony Bologna spraying of young women in New York Yes? Well if that shocked you, here it is a daily routine. Greek citizens who peacefully protest receive this treatment almost EVERY week yet no one is responding to the acts of violence happening in this country.

Last month Greek police sprayed disabled people in wheel chairs, two months ago they attacked civilians who were only protesting peacefully – just walking and not even shouting – The police were throwing tear gas and stones and hitting them with sticks and iron rods. Three months ago the same thing and even hit reporters and whoever held a camera.

Now, as we write these words, the internet is being threatened by Makis Voridis, a person who in the 70′s and 80′s belonged into a group similar to KKK and is currently a member of the fascist party in Greece. Voridis is now in charge of the internet. A week after his «election» (he was elected by politicians and not by the people), blogs for freedom of speech were shut down, accounts on Facebook – mainly activists, anons, anarchists, communists and trolls – were deleted. Now Voridis and his cronies are planning to censor all the ISP’s so they will know when an «act of terrorism» is being generated by the public. Any political discourse that is not their flavor of fascism is considered «TERRORISM»

So yeah, this is Greece right now.

We need your help!

Here are some links that will help you understand Greece’s curretn situation:
- Athens 29-06-2011 Greek police attack against greek citizens in Syntagma square.

www.youtube.com...

- A man tells the police «get off this square and please don’t hit me» the cop not only hits the guy but breaks his skull on cam.

www.youtube.com...

- The new minister in charge for the internet, the 1st words he says «I agree that fights are being done by the people but not using rods sticks and helmets» the next picture is him holding an axe during his time in the KKK-like group he was. this man is currently in charge for the internet in Greece and is a member of the Fascist party. He wasn’t elected by us but by the government it self.

www.youtube.com...

DO YOU NEED MORE LINKS?

ok.

- More info about Makis Voridis
www.nakedcapitalism.com...

- Videos by #OpGreece, #OpSupportGreece and people attending the riots and protests

www.youtube.com...#!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

- Pictures of Police brutality during the protests and riots

www.demotix.com...

www.demotix.com...

www.policebrutality.info...

www.marxist.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

So what is really going on in Greece right now? Why all this violence?

It all started when the ex Prime-Minister of Greece George Papandreou started to cut off the people’s payments and adding more austerity measures. The media helped spread a propaganda as if the people of Greece really had to do something with the money the government used for their own benefits.

NO. The Greek citizens have been poor for almost 2 years now and they’re getting poorer day by day.

The government spend this money in luxury products such as cars, houses and land.

For more info about this google these words individually: Vatopedi, Siemens scandal in Greece, Greek wiretapping case 2004.
So what is happening right now in Greece?
- People pay more taxes even though they cannot afford it

- Pensions have been cut off, so the elderly cannot even afford their medicine, rent and bills

- People are getting evicted due to loans

- Electricity company forces people to pay a lot more than they’re supposed to, either wise they shut down their power at home

- Banks are in charge

- Media spread propaganda and not covering the true stories such as, protests, riots, deaths, beating, police brutality, political scandals etc

- Getting a job is rare and even if you find one, the payment is not enough

- Stores are shutting down

- Homes are being abandoned

- People are living Greece to find a better life abroad

- Kids are fainting from starvation: www.newsit.gr...

- Junkies and homeless people use used up needles to get infected with AIDS so they can get the 700 Euros the state is forced to pay on their expenses: parganews.com... E%B9%CE%B1-%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%80%CF%81%CE%AC%CF%84%CF%84%CE%BF/

- Protesters die, bleed, suffer

- 70% of the Greek families won’t turn on their heat during the winter cause they can’t afford it

- 1.500.000 Greeks are unemployed

- Families being destroyed

- The average Greek is being treated like dirt by the politicians and people outside Greece who bought on the media spread propaganda

- Censorship took over, blogs are closing, Facebook activists are being targeted, freedom of speech is being threatened (minister Adonis Georgiadis threatened by TV that the political asylum of one of our indymedia sites should feel threatened now that he’s also in charge www.dailymotion.com... )

- Reporters are getting killed ( en.wikipedia.org... )

and many many more.
This is life in Greece nowadays. They try to silence those who are fighting back for their human rights. We need your help to be heard and raise awareness to the world.
for the Greek links, simply use Google translate.
We are Anonymous

We are Legion

We do not Forget

We do not Forgive

Expect us.
In the name of #OpGreece"

Unfortunately, what Anon are describing is the brutal truth. We have been fooled by our governments, and the existent government right now wants to shut us up. We need as much help as we can get, and I personally thank Anonymous for standing by us and trying to protect us whichever way they can. See for yourselves.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

I just wonder, when (if?) it comes America's turn for this kind of upheaval and distress, will the real reports be censored in other nations like our news is censored for us here?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, it is well done. I hope that Americans are or will become aware of the severity of the situation in Greece. We should become aware, because it is soon to be happening all over the world. Dont you see? There are trillions of dollars unaccounted for. Lets support Greece at this crucial time in world history.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I believe so. I guess it is the only way for the 1% to keep getting richer and richer. Or maybe it is the only way they know to protect themselves. But I think it's typical - e.g. Occupy Wall Street was on the news here on the first couple of days, then it disappeard, only to reappear later in the news, with the sole purpose of letting us know that the police took the tents and occupants away, aka to inform everyone that such behavior will not be tolerated anywhere in the world, aka to fear everyone, so they won't stand up for their ideas.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Hi Imo, That is disgusting news about Greece.

But I have to say that the downfall of Greece came about because of their 'no worries' philosophy.

Here is a fact - my son's father is Greek - and he said that whenever his credit card ran out, he just went to a friend's bank and got another one. Several times.

So, the banks are to blame.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I guess it's somehow fitting that the very place to spawn so much of what came to form modern civilization would be where the beginning of the end of it would take place. I sure hope the Greek people stay safe and get through their troubles as soon as possible

I'd feel a lot better about Anonymous if there was some way to determine who is among the core of serious, capable and sincere protesters/cyber warriors using that banner and which are the high school kids who have nothing better to do than yank everyone's chain for pure amusement and no intention of actually DOING what they say.

I have no idea how such a thing could be accomplished without defeating the whole reason why their efforts work and they aren't destroyed as an "organization" outright...but I'll readily admit there appear to be some under that name that could be faculty at the local community college, not students at it, so perhaps they can come up with something eventually for us public folk. We'd love to be able to tell what is reliable and what isn't.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

But I have to say that the downfall of Greece came about because of their 'no worries' philosophy.

Here is a fact - my son's father is Greek - and he said that whenever his credit card ran out, he just went to a friend's bank and got another one. Several times.

The Banks are to blame..................

I think its those who don't live within their means,and EXPECT a quick fix. If someone is "giving" you something,you should take it,without ANY consequences?

NOTHING IS FREE.

Your son's father was borrowing without giving back. Then he has the audacity to borrow more ?

The only difference between Mobsters and Bankers are that Mobsters WILL get their money back.

Bankers,not so much.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

On an individual level, we need to all understand that we are 1 and the same(not in a 1 world order way), 1 in india ,pakistan afghan,wherever is not different to 1 in england, greece,anywhere. We are a human family that needs to act together, sadly they devide and conquer us all of the time, no one will take action when it is not in their interest i.e a situation that is not happening directly to them.

If all Human beings in each country stood together, what could they do? nothing is the answer. I see negative stuff as a catalyst ,1 that we can use for change, but the will must be universal.Will it happen , sadly no too many people get caught up in things that really dont matter like politics, like it or not we are all programmed every day of our lives. We need to decide to change that programming and start again all of us myself included.

I truly hope the people of greece get through this testing time and remove these things from power, 1 thing i gaurantee you all of is that we are all going to have this fight at some point.It is ashame we areunable to act together and make it on our terms!.

And no iam not suggesting violence. How many people are there infor example greece? how many police, you honestly think that the police will mindlessly batter each individual if you all just stood together? no chance arent enough of them, also you could then use enough force to remove the weapons they carry. My understanding of Greece is that the military will not act against the people, perhaps they should be out in force protecting the people.

We are lost people as a species.
edit on 13-12-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

I couldn't agree with you more. We need to realize exactly how much power we, the simple people, possess.
We will be surprised actually when we understand that we can move mountains. But first of all, and I have to
quote Ghandi here, "we must be the change we want to see in the world". We must see our mistakes, acknowledge them and never repeat them.
I wish more people could see things this way.
Thank you for your kind words, it always gives us strength to know there are many people by our side.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I will agree with you that whoever borrows beyond their means, do bare a certain responsibility. However, banks also bear a certain responsibility, and to my mind theirs is bigger. You want to know why? First of all, it's their money. I mean, if you were asked to borrow your money to a friend or acquaintance, wouldn't you have a backround check on them? Wouldn't you want to know beforehand whether they will be able to pay you back? I f not, then maybe you don't really care about the money you are giving away. Since it's YOUR money, YOU should be able to "protect" them, right? So I might have a responsibility for borrowing without being able to pay back, but hey, maybe you shouldn't have lent me this big...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I am suprised the people havent strung the bankers up yet. 100 years ago the bankers wouldnt have lasted five minutes and this mess would be over.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsSocietysFault

Thank you! I also believe that what happens here is an experiment, to see what will happen to the other countries in debt. I believe though that in an experiment, people will have it harder, so I am sincerely wishing that you will not suffer as badly.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

So are the irresponsible borrowers. Seriously, why is it only the banks fault? People borrowed the money, they should be able to honor their word and pay it back. Instead they act like children, max out a card and dig deeper into debt.

Now that's real smart isn't it? Banks are losing their shirts cause people took loans they can't pay. The bank don't care because they are insured, the insurer is the one losing most of the money. Somewhere in that line someones pockets get emptied. The person who borrowed could of been smarter.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I think you are mistaken. Greece is not in debt because of the loans each Greek took from banks, it is in debt because of the loans Greek Governments took in order to help our country develop. Greek Governments unfortunately decided to split the money in question between them and give nothing to the whole country. But, since they gave nothing to the country, no development was made, therefore there were no money made, so the loans couldn't be paid off. Then the governments decided to get even more loans, in order to feed themselves some more and to pay back a part of previous loans, and then again they took newer and newer loans. That's why Greece is in debt, not because Greek people didn't know when to stop.
As for the banks, as I stated in a comment above, it was their money to begin with. If the money was important to them, they should have checked who they were giving it to and if they could pay them back. But they didn't do it, the banks purposefully closed their eyes, because it was profitable for them at the moment. They earned millions. Too bad they did not think what the consequences might be in the long run. We are not going to accept their responsibility.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hello! I have to admit that what you said, the "no worries" philosophy, is partly at fault here. I mean, people should have seen ages ago that somethings just don't add up. If they had, they would have been voting differently for at least a decade now. If we had more decent governments, maybe we wouldn't find ourselves in this mess. But the main reason for the Greek crisis I think is the corruption. Corrupted politicians and their followers literally stole all the money away from the Greek people, leaving absolutely nothing behind.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That and the national pastime of Greece being tax evasion, this kinda goes with another post. At what point did you think that someone would want their money back, oh thats right you didn't. ffs

If i lend my nieghbour a lawn mower i expect it back, if he lends me his chainsaw i expect to give it back to him.

Europe on the other hand thinks it can just keep taking without giving back.

Btw, i also have Greek family so i'm not being an a***

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
That and the national pastime of Greece being tax evasion, this kinda goes with another post. Europe on the other hand thinks it can just keep taking without giving back.

WHO, are those that are taxed and refused to pay tax?

Only the rich and priviledged.

Certainly not the greek common man whom have plenty of other bills and taxes built in to pay. Thus, if the rich and priviledge CAN GET AWAY with NOT paying taxes, and even boasting about it, why should the common masses bother to be saints then? If the priviledged wants to screw the system up or to be the only ones to benefit by screwing the system, then let's screw it up together !

That's what happens when selfish societal leaderships breaks down and greedy debt bondage inducing unconscionable lending does to innoncents. You saw the mistakes made today. Either we humanity correct them or we all too will be eventually doom by it, not just the Greeks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by sonnny1

That and the national pastime of Greece being tax evasion, this kinda goes with another post. At what point did you think that someone would want their money back, oh thats right you didn't. ffs

If i lend my nieghbour a lawn mower i expect it back, if he lends me his chainsaw i expect to give it back to him.

Europe on the other hand thinks it can just keep taking without giving back.

Where are you from ffs? America? When are you going to fix your budget ffs? Do you ever intend on paying that money back ffs?
The problem is tax payer backed bonds. The greek people didnt ever own the bonds,why do they have to pay? Are you going to say the Greeks are lazy? That is what we will be saying about America soon because you are next. I cant believe you neocons can read that and still have the ignorance and audacity to leave your uninformed insulting comments. People like you are worse than the US government. Keep cheering for your own funeral genius.
edit on 13-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Thank you for this Thread.

Peace and Strength to the people of Greece.

See how the Great Game is being played out!

It is no mistake or coincidence that Greece should have been selected as the pathfinder nation for the 'Great Collapse'.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The 'Great Experiment' finished with 'Perestroika'.

Communism proved less productive than Capitalism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join