It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old Italian cave painting of aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Is it even remotely possible that the person that did this just can't paint worth a crap. I have painted a few paintings in my life, and I can't imagine what people would think of them in 10,000 years. I only had 4 lessons.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What gets my goat is how symmetrical everything is except for the lower right the blob by the man

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I noticed the "lungs" too. And the two snakes at the top seem poised to entwine - a depiction of the "Cosmic Serpent" (DNA)? All in all, this picture seems to point to possible ET intervention in human genetics. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the actual cave painting (if it indeed exists - please post!).

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
Just read the beak on the top people comment, above that's quite bizarre.Bird heads, to me would imply people from the sky.

Yes, and notice the "talon-hands" of the birdmen, while the central figures have exactly five digits fingers carefully depicted on each hand.

Is it at all possible that during evolution (if you believe in it) that a form of humanoid actually did have beaks, talons and wings, but then became extinct?

Geez, I'm beginning to think anything is possible at this point! I've pretty much given up on expecting TPTB to pony up with 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth' --if they even know it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the one that says "A wood cut found in Nurnberg Germany in 1561 depicts alarge dark missile with a many others like it in the sky. Also depicted are globes, cylindrical space ships, and the sun." Makes me wonder, what if the person who drew this picture was actually looking at eye floaters? I doubt thats what they saw but imagen, if you could convince everyone that the world was flat couldnt you convince them that the eye floaters were alien craft? lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

You're quite right to a degree.

This image is no different to any modern image though. The parts are meaningful, created with purpose to convey information. An architects working drawing is a perfect modern example. It's pure information.

So while it could be anything, yes, its very likely to be just what it looks like. Its easy to underestimate the sophistication of the minds that created this image. Be it gods, or aliens, we'll never know, but its a visual language, not just a bit of ancient grafitti.
It should be what it looks like surely

Think of it as a ancient counterpart to this Banksy image about consumerism. Not the fact that it IS grafitti, but what it is expressing. Thats why Banksy's ' grafitti' sells for millions. It's a visual language of its day.

static.flickr.com...

edit on 12-12-2011 by pot8er because: image added

edit on 12-12-2011 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
What gets my goat is how symmetrical everything is except for the lower right the blob by the man

Yep, saw the blob. Wondered if it is a cell? (Genetic manipulation theme)
Or an overhead view of Saturn?
Or a blight in the development of mankind. (hope not. sad if true)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I found a link that has the same picture, but no real information.

www.realalienpictures.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

When I attempted that link, my computer protection service sent up a red flag - so I didn't peek. But I was also a bit disappointed that I couldn't find ANY photographs whatsoever of the alleged cave painting. I'd sure like to believe - if true, this is a very important find - but I find it hard to believe there's only one drawing to be found on the internet, and no photos.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pretty interesting and you can't even blame Hollywood for the artists alien host conception.

More cave paintings ufo/alien stuff

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Why aliens?

Why not gods? Or ancestor spirits? Or a symbolic representation motherhood?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I found a reference to a picture on ATS that may be from the same cave, but I'm not sure.

Cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This one is better

5,000 year old Kimberly,Australia cave paintings

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I've seen this picture referenced a few times, but does anyone know more about it?
Are there actual pictures of the cave painting?

I'm sure this has been discussed already on ATS, but I couldn't find more information searching.

www.crystalinks.com...

This cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.
It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.

The turtles were often compared to the shape of flying craft, as does the circle. The snakes would indicate lights that appeared to moves snakelike around the craft. You notice that humans are shown at the bottom and the creatures at the top are tall, thin, with longer arms and legs than humans. They indicate that they came from the circle, or craft. Back then any people alive not knowing what technology was would mistaken the craft as a living thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That was an excellent observation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Many cave paintings have first been sketched onto a paper at the site, especially before the digital age, and even nowadays. After that they've been photocopied all around and after that digitalised when needed. This has probably been one of those, being scanned from a good ol' paper catalog.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Look at it upside down

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Not seeing anything in particular. What do you see?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

A couple of things...It looks like the 4 figures are now "the fallen ones" and surrounded by snakes. The snakes are entering the circle...

...and I wonder why there is an opening at one side of the circle and not the other.
Symbolic of the inflow of knowledge?

edit on 12-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

why? did the guy who painted this in a cave 10,000 years ago stand on his head to paint it?
inorder to hide a secret meaning that can only be seen if you stood on your head?

what does turning it upside down reveal? i see nothing. please explain.
edit on 12-12-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join