It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old Italian cave painting of aliens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interesting picture.
What I would like to see is if it's real or not. Where's the actual photo of it?
I tried to look for one online but can't find any.
So until we see an actual real pic of it, all arguments are moot.
It might be fake.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I found another picture from Val Camonica, Italy.

Petroglyphs in Val Camonica, Italy.

en.wikipedia.org...

...and another one.
heritage-key.com...

edit on 13-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

Thanks alot, Sham! What a great link, never saw all that together like that. Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Are those spiders by the turtles?
"Spiders, Turtles and Snakes, Oh My! And alien creatures from the sky!"

edit on 13/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here are a few more:

Duel in Foppe of Nadro, Val Camonica, Italy

Running Priest in Capo di Ponte, Val Camonica, Italy

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

As a woman and mother, the first thing I saw was pregnancy, birth and the circle of life. The 'globe' enclosure around the woman and child suggests protection. The snakes = infinity, movement and the ability to slide between worlds; the turtles = grounding and connection to both water and earth. The suns, moons and stars = being part of a much greater universe, also connected and an integral part of the circle. ...The people/humanoids outside the 'globe' remind me of village women assisting in a birth.

None of this precludes the idea of aliens - but does imply involvement, protection, helping, watching - and most importantly to me, teaching that we are part of something much, much greater than ourselves and our own small 'globe,' be it a womb or world. An important lesson, methinks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yea, no... Not seeing aliens in this picture. I am sure people will want to believe these are aliens holding a man in front of them protectively.

Me, I see a piece of art or some sort of lunar calender. Turtle shell is half moon, 1/4 moon, no moon, full moon... Snakes could be the passage or linear time. The humanoid in the center could be a female giving child birth since the smaller figure is centered on the womb and even appears over the birth tract.

That is just my human perception trying to look in on another culture and 10,000 years later...

But hey, believe what you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Darn Sofi, that is the first impression I got while looking at the painting, looks like a human birth, but at the same time is something very different on the painting that have some kind of futuristic view, seems the beings on each side are sending some kind of energy with their hands to the being in the center but then the energies is coming into the head of the main being between the snakes like an opening of the mind.

Kind of showing the birth of human awareness with the help of a superior being.

Quite interesting picture actually.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I found another reference to the picture on ATS,
but still no real information about where it came from.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

.....seems the beings on each side are sending some kind of energy with their hands to the being in the center but then the energies is coming into the head of the main being between the snakes like an opening of the mind.

Kind of showing the birth of human awareness with the help of a superior being.

Quite interesting picture actually.

Awareness and openness - openness leading to awareness. What a concept. .....The picture is a cave painting from 10,000 BC - "interesting" for sure.

Makes me wonder about the real differences between the kind of people and cultures who open their minds and awareness to the universe, and those who look for absolute control over finite environments and closed systems.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
under the turtle on the left looks like a rocket taking off with a long tail of smoke trailing it....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Hmm. I usually check these things myself. According to Wiki:

Rock Drawings in Valcamonica

The earliest rock carvings date back to epipaleolithic (or Mesolithic, 8th-6th millennium BC), several millennia after the retreat of the glacier that covered the Val Camonica (Würm glaciation). Those carvings were the work of passing nomadic hunters, following the migrations of their prey. The figures represented in fact depict large animals such as deer and elk, which are the typical prey of that period. Similar representations are present in the town park stone carvings of Luine (comune of Darfo Boario Terme).[5]

.....Whatever it's pedigree - it's still a most interesting picture, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When i see these ancient cave paintings etc I often wonder what the were looking at? Then again in 10000 years time what would they make of Edvard Munch's The Scream

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Something about that picture looks fishy and i swear i very vaguely remember this from somewhere exposed as a hoax. (???). It also doesn't look like a 10k year old cave painting to me, too perfect. Sources please?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

check out the two beings at the bottom corners below the turtles

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I am loving that link!!

I am very interested in theories like this when it comes to creation. I thank you for sharing. I have two days off and not a thing to do buy laundry! Now I have something interesting to look into. Might go get some coffee and read at the cafe since it's a nice day out

Thanks for sharing this and I have not heard of this theory before so Im anxious to read more about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So....it's not from Val Camonica as alleged in the OP.

Whilst not being an expert in the field I would still expect that if this was some reproduction of a genuine ancient cave drawing it would be relatively easy to find some record of it somewhere on the internet giving at least the basic details of it's whereabout's, discovery etc.
That there isn't suggests to me that despite wishing it were genuine it most likely isn't.
edit on 13/12/11 by Freeborn because: correct place name

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think I found the source of the picture.

I'm doing more searching, but at least we might know where it came from now.

I'll update when I find out more.

www.rainbowserpent.com.au...

Title: Understanding Aboriginal Culture

Author: Cyril Havecker

Description: This book gives the reader a legacy of untold value left by the Dreamtime heroes of the Australian Aboriginal people; a race so ancient it is reputed to be descended from the gods. This is a priceless heritage which belongs to every Australian, black or white.

The records left by the Wisemen of the Aborigines tell of the creation myth, how Baiame the Supreme Intelligence of the universe, created all living things and how extrasensory perception was used as a means of gaining knowledge of the past and future. There are laws for loving on earth and laws for living in the multi dimensions beyond earth.

Theirs is a powerful philosophy, one which has meaning and cannot be changed by time or circumstances. It is a spiritual philosophy which most Australians, until recent years, saw as primitive and of little importance to the world. How wrong we were. www.didgeridoobreath.com...

This is a book about the magic and mystery of Aboriginal Spirituality and Shamanism. How to use ESP, psychic energy and healing power. How the Shaman contacts life in the spirit world.yvonnemalykke.com...

Like the stories, dance and music, the paintings are presumably designed to entrain the imagination into the processes of the Dreamtime. Some are considered dangerous.
www.laetusinpraesens.org...

edit on 13-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Kind of looks like a depiction of evolution. There is turtles and snakes and multiple humanoid beings, it could be saying there is the creatures which did evolve like amphibians and animals from the sea but then there is the humans which did not evolve but instead were a product of some other beings..

or i could just be reading into a cool picture way to much than what it really is...gotta love the imagination.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Big event back then. Memorialized even. We see the woman who has died giving birth to a baby that tried to come feet first. They didn't have any but the most rudimentary understanding of the womb or cesarean section, which would have maybe saved her life. The child died because he couldn't breathe. See his lungs?. The veins in her arms go to the baby, but are not pumping blood because she has died. The serpents (which appear at her head and surrounding her) are their way of saying a bad thing happened because of evil spirits? Serpents in their region are poisonous right? A bad omen? This is an accurate depiction of a mother and baby dying in child birth. Everyone was upset. She was probably well loved and the event traumatizing to everyone who witnessed it. And now 10,000 years later it is before our eyes(MSM) and I say a prayer for her also.

Edit: Upon further. saw peoples eyes that are standing are white (alive), hers and her childs are black (deceased).
Sun and moon probably refer to time she was in distress before she died. (a day and a night) Bummer.
edit on 13-12-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join