It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO troops on the Jordan-Syria border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is interesting...

Hundreds of US-NATO Soldiers Arrive & Begin Operations on the Jordan-Syria Border

According to first-hand accounts and reports provided to Boiling Frogs Post by several sources in Jordan, during the last few hours foreign military groups, estimated at hundreds of individuals, began to spread near the villages of the north-Jordan city of “Al-Mafraq”, which is adjacent to the Jordanian and Syrian border.

According to one Jordanian military officer who asked to remain anonymous, hundreds of soldiers who speak languages ​other than Arabic were seen during the past two days in those areas moving back and forth in military vehicles between the King Hussein Air Base of al-Mafraq (10 km from the Syrian border), and the vicinity of Jordanian villages adjacent to the Syrian border, such as village Albaej (5 km from the border), the area around the dam of Sarhan, the villages of Zubaydiah and al-Nahdah adjacent to the Syrian border.

Another report received from our source in Amman identified an additional US-NATO Command Center in “al-Houshah,’ a village near Mafraq.

Update 1: Today at 12:00 P.M. we contacted DOD Press Office via two voicemail messages and one e-mail asking for comment(s) on this story. As of 6:00 P.M. EST we have not heard back.

Update 2: Another journalist with a major mainstream media publication was told by his editors that there would be no coverage or follow up on these developments.

James Corbett is usually pretty spot on. But it's not ``him`` reporting this but it's coming from sources in the middle-east.

Maybe this is prelude to an attack. Maybe this is setting up a base in case of an attack. Maybe it's setting up a ``supply base`` to help the revolution in Syria...

We shall see soon.

Latest in the news :

Report: Arab foreign ministers to meet over Syria (Reuters)

edit on 11-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As I mentioned in a similar thread, they are on the move and attempting to make Syria blink first.

Poke the bear and when he moves to defend, kill him.

Sounds like business as usual for the US and NATO. If they don't have a war, what good are they since that's how they define their selves. Any war will do.

Peace

edit on 11-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, looks like me finishing my computer networking technology degree is going to come to a halt if this causes the you know what to hit the oscillating wind machine...

I think I'm passed the draft cut off but you never know, right? Let me get the right music playing to the mood of this news.. (Old school computer gamers will know this)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
now the protests being led by alexei navalny look more fake. It seems the protests are being orchestrated to throw Russia off balance.Hopefully ,Putin is smart and forges an alliance with the KPRF(They won election,united Russia was second) . Those corporatist liberals should thrown into jail for trying to destabilise Russia.The sheep in Russia do not understand the danger they face from NATO.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Are we prepared for whats to come?
I think it will now be sooner than
later. Tuning into this thread for info
and updates. Thanks OP - S & F

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The west has attempted some pretty stupid and dangerous stuff across the world.From what I know,there are secret negotiations between Putin and the Communists under Zygunov and Former Soviet General Ivanshov(Presidential candidate 2012 KPRF)

Be not surprised if nuclear ,chemical and biological war starts in a matter of months.To avoid civil war,Russian general staff might become very aggressive and start an external thermonuclear war.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'll put my money on the theory that NATO is setting up forward operations for the implementation of a no fly zone. The Syrian opposition is stating that the situation in Syria "is desperate" and they are calling for outside intervention before it is too late..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

considering that Syria has chemical and biological weapons,This kind of provocations will start a world war.I know someone from the russian military and he says that russian general staff is very pissed.I wouldn't be surprised if major chemical,bio or nuke attacks happen on NATO forces in a matter of months and it would be on a massive scale.God, the russian military and the communist KPRF is pissed at america's attempt to destabilize it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Not usually like me to put the brakes on but shouldn't we have heard some kind of confirmation on this by now? If you search "troops on the Jordan-Syria border" every single link on first 2 pages of hits comes back to this one vid originating from; "boiling frogs"? And in the vid the source said "the soldiers were speaking english or maybe french". I know spanish is the most widely spoken language but I think, thanks to hollywood pumping their brainwashing around the world that english would be the most recognizable. But the biggest problem I have with this being true is it makes no sense; if US or nato troops were going to attack or deploy a no fly zone (aka kinetic military action) they would have no need to be in jordan whatsoever. We already have major bases to the north, SE, SW and the US navy's 6th fleet in the med. Why would you deploy troops, and only "hundreds" to jordan when you already have thousands of them as well as hundreds of spec-ops, air and fire bases already within range along their largest border; iraq? Unless you wanted them completely surrounded which isn't really necessary in modern warfare.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No. 370 - December 9, 2011 - 11:00 p.m. ET) Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today issued the following statement: “Canada is deeply concerned by reports indicating that Syrian security forces are encircling the city of Homs. Such actions are unacceptable and must stop immediately. “We strongly condemn the continuing violence against civilians, and urge the Syrian authorities to stop their campaign of terror on the innocent, who are merely exercising their fundamental rights. “The world is watching and the international community will judge the Assad regime accordingly. Those implicated in acts of aggression will be held accountable by the international community. “Canada urges its citizens currently in Syria to leave now, while commercial means are still available.”
[/quote

source

Looks like it is going down soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
Not usually like me to put the brakes on but shouldn't we have heard some kind of confirmation on this by now? If you search "troops on the Jordan-Syria border" every single link on first 2 pages of hits comes back to this one vid originating from; "boiling frogs"? And in the vid the source said "the soldiers were speaking english or maybe french". I know spanish is the most widely spoken language but I think, thanks to hollywood pumping their brainwashing around the world that english would be the most recognizable. But the biggest problem I have with this being true is it makes no sense; if US or nato troops were going to attack or deploy a no fly zone (aka kinetic military action) they would have no need to be in jordan whatsoever. We already have major bases to the north, SE, SW and the US navy's 6th fleet in the med. Why would you deploy troops, and only "hundreds" to jordan when you already have thousands of them as well as hundreds of spec-ops, air and fire bases already within range along their largest border; iraq? Unless you wanted them completely surrounded which isn't really necessary in modern warfare.

You bring up many good points. In the enforcement of a no-fly zone you would need forward operations facilities with which to launch intelligence gathering and forward air control missions. Hence the report of only "a few hundred" troops. I am not entirely biting on this story until I find at least another collaborating source, but so far the whole thing seems fairly plausible.

The source is Siebel Edmond's blog. More about her:

Edmonds has continued to make various allegations and claims about operations within the FBI. Many of her allegations about the 9/11 attacks[26] and nuclear proliferation[27] have been reported in the media and published online, and she continues to publish open letters on her personal website, Just a Citizen. On August 8, 2009, Edmonds gave sworn testimony accusing current and former members of the government of treasonous activity. A video of her deposition and PDF transcript is available online[28] as well as an easy-to-read HTML transcript.[29]
In August, 2004, Edmonds founded the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition (NSWBC), which exists to assist national security whistleblowers through advocacy and reform.[30] Edmonds is also the founder and publisher of the Boiling Frogs Post, an online media site that aims to offer nonpartisan investigative journalism.[31]
In September, 2006, a documentary about Edmonds case called Kill the Messenger (Une Femme à Abattre) premiered in France.[32] The film discusses the Edmonds case as well as offers interviews with various involved individuals. In the film Edmonds, former CIA agent Philip Giraldi, and others say that Israel was a significant actor in the illicit activities Edmonds discovered.

wikipedia

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

If you search "troops on the Jordan-Syria border" every single link on first 2 pages of hits comes back to this one vid originating from; "boiling frogs"?

Corbett has an history of being accurate... so it's not like an unknown website or a website known to be spouting off BS.

I know spanish is the most widely spoken language but I think, thanks to hollywood pumping their brainwashing around the world that english would be the most recognizable.

True dat. But we say that because we are in the western world. Do people in the middle-east really come across english/french/spanish everyday? I mean, can YOU make the difference between farsi, arab and pashto? I sure can't. But anyway you bring up a good point.

Why would you deploy troops, and only "hundreds" to jordan when you already have thousands of them as well as hundreds of spec-ops, air and fire bases already within range along their largest border; iraq?

Yep this is suspicious. But since US troops are ``supposed`` to be out of Iraq by the end of 2011, that might be a problem. The only other ``useable`` country to screw with Syria apart from Turkey is Jordan.

The Turkish-Syrian border is watched by Syria. I doubt the Jordan-Syria border is watched as much.

I think this isn't a prelude to attack, they are supplying arms/ammo/supplies to whoever is fighting the Syrian government. So that's why they need a base and just a few hundreds troops... to protect the operations from ``terrorists`` in Jordan.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I don't know. I believe TPTB want syria before iran and ultimately before ww3. I know you don't need forwards in jordan when you have the 6th 7 miles of the coast of syria. I also know that we already have them along the iraqi border and it's massive. It took us 2 days to drive along it from al rutba to bayji. And as far as resistance in and out this border is as bad as mexico/us. I know corbett is credible but I don't know about this one. Or something else is going on; disinfo/wildcard that we won't see coming.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Report: Syria arms missiles with chemical warheads

The Syrian regime, which has endured nine months of civil unrest spurred by the Arab Spring as it swept across the Middle East, has armed its medium-range missile arsenal with chemical warheads.

According to a report published by the Sabah daily Sunday, Damascus armed 600 one-ton chemical warheads to use in the event of a foreign military intervention. Furthermore, President Bashar al-Assad ordered the deployment of 21 missile launchers along its border with Turkey. Syria’s medium-range missiles that can be equipped with chemical warheads have a range of up to 1,300 kilometers and would include the southern and central provinces of Turkey.

According to the daily, the Syrian military keeps its stockpile of chemical warheads in secret facilities in and around the capital city of Damascus. In mid-November, President Assad held a special meeting with top commanders of the Syrian army and argued over how to respond to a possible military intervention by the international community. Additionally, Russia, which stood by the Assad regime’s defiance of international pressure on Damascus, sent 3 million gas masks to the troubled country. Most of those masks will be distributed to the regime’s loyalists, the families of soldiers and Baath supporters. The distribution of the masks is set to be completed by the end of December, according to the daily.

Syria is believed to have had a chemical weapons arsenal for more than three decades. Following heavy defeats against Israel in conventional warfare, international defense sources believe that following the Yom Kippur War of 1973, Hafez al-Assad, the former general of the Syrian Air Force, decided to bolster Syria’s strategic position through the development of ballistic missiles to counter Israel’s superiority in conventional warfare. The unchallenged superiority Israeli air forces led Syrian generals to push for other means to protect the regime. From then on, Syria has launched clandestine efforts to develop chemical warheads with ballistic missile delivery systems.
www.todayszaman.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep, this week the last of our troops in Iraq are supposed to be evacuated and theyre probably about to go into Syria next.

Assad is going to be dropping scuds loaded with chemical weapons on Israel soon. I'll put my money on Iran attacking Israel when he does that with their own pre-emptive attack. By the time Israel is done waiting on the U.S. to act theyre all going to be dead. Obama has never been a supporter of Israel, he pays lipservice and thats about as far as it goes. With the U.S. pulling out of the middle east the extremist factions are picking their balls up off the ground. Israel is a sitting duck because our Senate will be dawdling for months on wether or not to act just like they have been concerning our debt issues. The asses and elephants are too busy sniping at eachothers party leaders, resolutions and presidential candidates to pay attention.

Russia and China will get involved over Syria and Iran and Pakistan may get involved. This is turning into one giant sh*t sandwich and were all about to take a great big bite. WWIII started 10 years ago, but its just getting ramped up.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I can almost guarantee there are US (and other) special forces in that area. You usually find them in any trouble spot, going village-to-village, gathering intelligence and generally scoping the area out. It doesn't necessarily mean an imminent "uh-oh" - they're there for any eventuality. They're almost certainly at the border areas of Iran and North Korea too. The numbers being mentioned might suggest this is something worth keeping an eye on though....it would hardly be a major shock if some sort of action was being planned for Syria - the Arab League plan is dead in the water and Assad shows no sign of backing down.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Could this be the kicker????

I wonder, and if not it's not going to head things in the right direction, for any parties involved...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

TextSyrian guards killed two armed "terrorists" who were attempting to infiltrate the country from across the border with Turkey, SANA state news agency reported on Tuesday.
More matches...anyone???

Can a guy get alight around here....

It seems that thw world is gonna get just that....

www.nowlebanon.com...
edit on 13-12-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join