It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Downloading' New Skills Right Into Brains Due Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just like in the Matrix we will soon be able to select skills and download them straight into our brains]

Learning a martial art, how to fly a plane or how to speak a new language without even being awake is set to become a reality, say researchers.

I believe this could have darker implications as well I mean whats to stop them downloading nrw personalities and instructions,its only a matter of time once they have the tech worked out

In the The Matrix trilogy the characters learn new skills by having a computer physically plugged into their brains and new skills directly uploaded.

Depending on how this is used it could be a great advancement for humanity

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Personally, I find this a terrifying proposition...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Hmm, Jiu-Jitsu Level 10 would be cool. The Clockwork Orange treatment however, would not. On a related note it wasn't so long ago that a thread here showed that they can actually "read" images directly from your brain. So you look at say a car, and they get a fuzzy but often clearly defined car on their screens. I wonder if the two technologies are related? Strange days indeed...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
cool as! but bad at the sametime this is the introduction to eugenics soon we will be cyborgs. it would be cool to have x ray vision and zoom though

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sat Dec 10 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Good idea! Then they can issue a hidden command codes to have their ultimate slaves! Brilliant.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Bilder

Personally, I find this a terrifying proposition...

Yeah Ive gotta agree with you there I just cant see this being used "for the good of humanity" .Im sure The scum presently in charge will find ways to turn this into an absolute nightmare tor the rest of us

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wouldn't this mean no more "regular school"? Just programming sessions?
I suppose children will just have to gather for gym, band etc.. And learning social interactions. If I was a child, I would like that a lot!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Not only that but in thinking about this further, we're to believe that science hasn't come far enough to know how to manipulate the brain in such a way that would cure various mental illnesses like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc. (which are only a few illnesses attributable to a malfunction or imbalance of chemicals in the brain) yet we're to believe that they've discovered how to "download" information directly into our brains that would make us instantaneous experts in whatever area we (or they) choose?

Something seems really off on this, no?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just an after thought here. They don't feel that they can make superhumans. But what if they can activate areas of the brain presently not used? What lies there? Perhaps a higher conscious level? Anyone want to take the red pill and find out? I may need to add this technology to the list of things I want to see before my day to pass arrives.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Not going to happen.

Ever.

The problem with this idea is that each and every individual learns and functions differently on a neurological level.

Part of martial arts is muscle-memory. This is, just as it states - your neurons develop special short-hand codes to improve reaction times and reduce the amount of conscious focus that must be dedicated to the task. This comprises countless connections in your cortex, stem, spine, and peripheral nerves. Developing it requires performing the task multiple times.

It is not at all unlikely that similar processes give rise to memory (and provide an explanation for why memories tend to be linked to each other).

"Download-a-skill" is simply not ever going to happen, and the researchers claiming this are wasting money.

The best you will be able to get is with cybernetic 'companions' that link into the brain (and you would have to train to utilize this implant, by the way. No plug and play, here - your brain would have to learn to interface with it, regardless of its design). Depending upon the capabilities, it would serve as a storage bank for information - like a always-available reference book and/or instructional video.

Again, depending upon its capabilities, it would be possible for it to illustrate to you how to perform a skill, and give you feedback on your learning. This would, greatly, reduce the learning curve of many skills; as well as reduce the brain's necessity to commit things to memory (as these would be stored elsewhere, and the brain would simply learn to, in the process of remembering, contact your cybernetic device and get its input).

But the idea of being able to download a skill is simply ridiculous.

Unless you are talking something like math - where your implant would simply perform all necessary calculations after gathering the relevant data from your mind (again - training for this would be required - your implant has to know that you are both seeing the number 3 and wanting it to be placed into an equation, of some kind (and know what that equation is).

Every person will, basically, be forging their own UI. People will do it in many standard ways - but the microscopic workings of each will be unique to the individuals and their own neurology.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hell, I used to fall asleep in Geometry class all the time and I did great in that subject, so it must work! I once got stuck on a homework problem, gave up on it, took a nap, and I ended up dreaming of the solution. I woke up, wrote it down, submitted it to the teacher and it was correct. I have a feeling the only way I could learn something is to learn it in my sleep. I've been plagued with sleep disorders all my life. I bet a brain like mine would be great for this sort of thing, it is probably wired for me to learn better when I'm not trying and am half nodding off.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Just an after thought here. They don't feel that they can make superhumans. But what if they can activate areas of the brain presently not used? What lies there? Perhaps a higher conscious level? Anyone want to take the red pill and find out? I may need to add this technology to the list of things I want to see before my day to pass arrives.

Despite the common misconception, we actually use every part of our brain! Simply just not all at the same time obviously.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Imagine if we linked everyones brain together using a future version of the internet so that all knowledge an skills would be available to everyone. A skill would only have to be learned once by one person and the whole world could then download it.

Problem is a virus could be catastrophic.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I thought a lot about this when The Matrix came out and although it would be cool to download Kung Fu into my brain I dont think even it was possible we can not allow it, why? well Bang goes the school system and it will become the rich gets the great programs and hence because they know more they get the better jobs and the poor have to learn the hard way.
I do think within the next 50 years or so we are going to see massive strides in tech which will allow us to be "Cybered Up"
Deux ex anyone?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Hell, I used to fall asleep in Geometry class all the time and I did great in that subject, so it must work! I once got stuck on a homework problem, gave up on it, took a nap, and I ended up dreaming of the solution. I woke up, wrote it down, submitted it to the teacher and it was correct. I have a feeling the only way I could learn something is to learn it in my sleep. I've been plagued with sleep disorders all my life. I bet a brain like mine would be great for this sort of thing, it is probably wired for me to learn better when I'm not trying and am half nodding off.

If that's the case, try an experiment. Get an audio "learn a spoken language" DVD and set it to start about 30 minutes after you fall asleep (I know that's tricky and hard to predict but you want it to start around when REM begins), use a set of comfortable earbuds or headphones. After a few nights of listening in your sleep, you may just know a new language. I understand it actually works quite well for some people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Imagine having fussy, picky, nanny statism downloaded directly into your brain so that from now on you were uptight and "anal" and politically correct and were a know it all with nothing to say because everyone else also knew it all.

I don't think this is going to happen soon, but they are already using bio-feedback to help people enhance skills of various kinds. Eventually it might all be possible.

The mad maniacs that run the world are going to do their darndest to get everyone under their thumbs. You can bet on that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

does any one remember a childrens tv program called joe ninety ? same thing .
this could have a big effect on employment , just imagine popping down to your local d.i.y store and buying a dvd on how to rewire your home or for any other task that you would normally employ a tradesman to do .
unemployment would run wild .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I get all my mindware dl's from pirate bay
muhuhahahahah
'scuse me gotta go email all my infos to this address......
edit on 12/14/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join