It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is just 'Fake Users, Posts, Censorship, Fraud and Pure Lies'...Apparently

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

Delusionally paranoid much?

erp gleep gloop beep blip

omg I must be a bot! How the hell did I cook lunch earlier then?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Actually don't remember if I was the OP,

You dont REMEMBER? Ive been on here for years and i remember what threads ive authored....

You admit to being banned repeatedly, but seemingly havent learned any lessons from it......

LoL altho your posts have cracked me up bud............

Good luck

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTruth
reply to post by eeks4

Good for you. haha.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... I would just say to watch out for the following things:

1. Comments that debunk a conspiracy, only contribute ad hominem attacks, or totally distract from the conversation that SEEM like someone just typed it down but in reality could be auto responses customized for specific conspiracy topics. We used to do this with help topics when I did online customer support for my company - created a slew of auto responses, maybe 10 different kinds for one topic type and then you'd just generate it for questions that suit it. Customers didn't know they were getting auto responses. Again, see thread that exposes the sheer volume of "auto bots" on the site: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Posters that constantly resort to ad hominem attacks and/or regularly debunk or critique conspiracies, rather than pursing all the angles and contributing to the "mystery solving" with fellow members. Of course some people are naturally skeptical and every topic on this site has debate potential. But if there are posters that ONLY spend their time debunking things, you have to ask... why are they here?? To diffuse a conspiracy maybe?

3. Posts or posters banned for Ts & Cs that don't seem worth being banned for... for example, that post I talked about a while back was deleted because apparently the "origin" of the conspiracy was All News Web.com. A link to ANW was not in the post and ANW was NOT the origin of the conspiracy. This was flat out false, no proof of this, except that ANW shared the info/video as did MANY other sites. But since ANW is a blacklisted site and ATS made up that ANW was behind the conspiracy, the thread could be banned based on the Ts & Cs. By this rational, ATS can ban anything that ANW ever posts or talks about. You see how that works?

4. Regular posts by people who drag topics into different directions, make people who believe in a conspiracy feel stupid (versus addressing their evidence or findings) - and so making anyone reading along who also believes in said conspiracy feel the same way, etc... just any of this sort of "peer pressure" that you wouldn't think would be SO rampant on a site that should only be enjoyed by conspiracy theorists.

5. Truly loony, distracting conspiracies - harmless because of how little truth they hold - distracting from other topics.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

6. Influential, impassioned posters who suddenly stop posting. For example, if I get banned, you're not going to get a notice about this. I'll just stop posting!

Thanks for the heads up....I really think just about every forum or thread or web site is being watched.....Now biggie for someone like me..LOL....have a great day

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You dont REMEMBER? Ive been on here for years and i remember what threads ive authored.... You admit to being banned repeatedly, but seemingly havent learned any lessons from it.....

Agreed. that made me laugh.

IMHO I think he just "outed" one of his past banned names.

BTW: Notice that he just registered under current name Today?

edit on 12/8/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Ha, are you kidding?

Someone says "Hey everyone, give me a specific response, so I can make sure there are no auto responses." He gets a slew of auto responses that don't fol,low the easy specific guidelines, and defend that they are not auto bots at the same time.

Interpret that how you will, but it's pretty darned obvious that auto bots are on this site.

If you need an excuse to ban me, and that fits, fine. Whatever. Ridiculous !

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I don't remember what posts I authored or just contributed a lot to over the past few years, I posted a lot here... and even more on GLP.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, I've been following the threads here and not posting because I got so fed up with posting way back when because the conversation was so stifling and unproductive and I would get banned multiple times. I have entire blog entries about it, from the time one of the cases happened, that I've already posted on this forum!

Disagree with my opinions on things, but you're doing EXACTLY what I'm telling people to watch out for... attacking my motivations, attacking my credibility, instead of just addressing the issue at hand.

I decided to start up and account and tackle this topic because I've had direct experience with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

instead of just addressing the issue at hand

What you are talking about? This is the issue at hand (the OP), and you seem to agree that ATS is rife with "fake posts".

Why are you even replying to me if you think 90% of ATS is autobot responses?

glerp boop beep

LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Interpret that how you will, but it's pretty darned obvious that auto bots are on this site.

Again you are stating false information.

Even if that were true (which it is not) your evidence of it is based on your personal interpretation of replies in a thread.

Your accusation is false.

link   

Something else to watch out for...
People exaggerating and misrepresenting your argument and then using that to criticize you.

Well done! I don't know what the percentage is. Plenty of real people with real interest in the truth post here every day, and if people learned to tune out the peer pressure and auto bots, they could better inform themselves and others. : ) Just because a site has been infiltrated, doesn't mean it can't still be darned useful.

link   

reply to post by Regenstorm

Actually don't remember if I was the OP, I was just watching it and bummed when it suddenly disappeared. ATS claimed it was because of the ANW connection, which of course was completely unfounded - in fact even when the video in the thread was proved to be a hoax by MSM, it was CONFIRMED ANW had nothing to do with it. : ) I've been banned several times on GLP and ATS each and I'm a nice objective truth seeker. Really, there's no reason to ban me! I realize now ATS could have a reason for banning me, as I'm discrediting them...but I was naive before, believe you me!

Strange, I have a very outspoken opinion that only a very few here on ATS share with me and I'm allowed to express it here. Many members are already annoyed when they just look at my location.

It's honesty and sincerity that counts, not attitude!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

You are not addressing the evidence AT ALL. You are flat out IGNORING it. I'm okay with disagreeing with my interpretation, but honestly that is the most likely conclusion.

How else would you prove that there are auto bots but to give them bait and see how they eat it up in a predictable fashion? That's exactly what this clever poster did. If I wrote "Hey guys I think you're auto bots, so respond with the answer to 2+2 so I know you're not" and then I get a BUNCH Of responses saying "Woa. You're paranoid, I'm not an auto bot!" that is VERY decent proof that you've got an auto-generated response on your hands. It's CLEAR as day.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

so we shouldnt question peoples motives or their credibility or the evidence they produce?

Who the hell wants to not do that?

Is it not important to be objective?

Since when is disagreeing with someone make you a bot or a CIA agent?

Im sure this place is monitored, theres not a place on the net im sure thats not to some degree......

That doesnt mean its a front

Edit to add, im sure im HATED by some on this site, ive challenged the mods, ive been challenged........but ive never been banned..............perhaps one has to start looking at themselves when these things happen?
edit on 8-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Responded to wrong person Sorry Chambs
edit on 8-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I'm as honest and sincere as they come! But I get bullied a lot on this site, it's happening right now... people are questioning my memory, saying I'm intentionally deceiving people, or that I have some unchecked ego... it's kind of silly if you think about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Whaa? Are you sure you meant to respond to me, not ConspiracyTruth?

eta: ok MBTM, I figured as much by what you were saying.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Never said disagreeing with someone made you a CIA agent, and never said people shouldn't pick apart the evidence. Quite the contrary. People are ignoring the specific claims and evidence I've produced and just picking at me as a person.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Woops sorry haha

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

His grammar and punctuation is atrocious.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

People are ignoring the specific claims and evidence I've produced and just picking at me as a person.

Your claim is that we have bots posting here. I've not ignored the claim. I've said it's false.

The evidence you've produced is nil. Nothing to dispute when there's nothing there.

I have no idea who you are as a person. I'm saying that what you have claimed is a lie. That is not picking on you as a person. That is me not sitting back and allowing someone to make false claims that are meant to insult ATS and its members by claiming that they are bots.

This is quickly becoming a futile exercise.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

How is it not proof? prove THAT to me. This is clear as day proof that ATS has many auto bots on the site. Whether it's ATS-sanctioned or not, I do'nt know. Address the actual thread
How is this:

"this is a meeting place for bots ? Cool, do i need a name badge or.....

(one of MANY generic responses) an appropriate reply to this?

WELCOME !!! " an appropriate reponse to this- hi all, just joined today morning GMT+8, been following this site for some several months and quite skeptical with those who "reply" because, SERIOUSLY, i think, there are some AUTOBOT lurking inside this forum with their own agendas. it is not so hard to detect those imo, please insert the year of mayan times 2 'cre4tive1y' in the first line before you reply this thread. (try to prevent duplication creativity>, thanks.

"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join