It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 signs that....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

I can show you pics of me working on my cabin

Second line

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I hear you there, I think a guy here wanted us to open our wallets and pay him for not doing anything to help himself.
Its amazing how they defend themselves for being the way they are, and blame the system, I guess it just shows the "I want everything for free" attitude that so many have and feel like they are always right....
I guess I was raised to different standards then them, I guess thats why I haven't ever taken the $$ like so many of them, yet they have no idea of any of my past...so I could be worse off then them, but I'll never tell if I am or not.....I couldn't live with myself if I couldn't/wouldn't be able to take care of myself...YET.. they always think poor me...why me..and blame someone else, it amazing how they can't even take the blame for there own lot in life.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I am not asking you to fix anything about the economy, you can't even fix yourself...
Any day that you don't better yourself, you wasted a day, if you really try to help yourself and people see it, it actually does get seen by others, sometimes others can help open doors to allow you to better yourself, as long as you wanna better yourself...actions are always louder than words...thats just my opinion, I already know you don't care what I think, so good luck seriously...don't worry about the economy until your taken care of first, because only you can take care of you.!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Wildbob77

Hahaha touche... Touche.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's easy to blame the government for the problems as most people do and a couple even blamed Obama by name.
When things don't work out you have to point the finger at someone and make excuses for your failing life.

Remember that the government isn't an entity that just wrecks everything because it can. The "government" is just a group of people like you and me doing what other people want them to. A government is a reflection of the society it runs.

Welfare, food stamps, medicaid, housing assistance, social security* and all other entitlement programs are only there because people want them. The government couldn't sell these goods unless there were buyers for them.

* I listed social security as an entitlement program because you don't just get money you "paid in".
Lets say you pay SS taxes of $120 a month for 40 years , so you pay in about $57,600 in your life time in SS.

when you turn of age you start getting payments of say $1000 a month x 20ish years which = $240,000

So you take out almost 200K more than you paid in, now imagine everyone does that.

The numbers aren't right, just trying to make a point. You get paid back A LOT more than you pay in.

Don't blame the "government - blame human nature and people in general

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
there has to be a way out of the mess and a system that works for everbody. some people have come to depend on benefits, some expect them, but there are many who need them to survive, including people who work.

we can tar all people with the same brush and claim everybody is lazy and it is their own fault, that would be the easy thing to do, but it does not solve the problem. maybe you should be complaining to your government about the unfair system rather than tar all people on low incomes who claim for help with the same brush and attack them. maybe suggest a better way of doing things and vote for people who share your ideas.

the bad news is more people will be claiming benefits soon, as the cost of living goes up and people find their income getting tighter and tighter they may find themselves having no option but to apply for assistence to make ends meet and be able to keep turning up for that very low to low income at work which their employer is expecting them to turn up for inorder for them to keep the business running and make a profit.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
mwood and lifeform11...

You are both right, and there is no easy way to "fix" the problem...I do have an idea though. There are far to many people that use the system and lie about things to get more $$. That if fraud..they should be treated accordingly.

I know that there are some that need it(assistance) to get by, but many think that they need to have all the luxeries in life and have others pay for them, now I know people fall on hard times, but if you do, you should understand that your not going to maintain the same lifestyle that you had when say...you were making 70k a year. The type of food you buy and the amount of $$ you have for spending should , if your on assistance be different(much less) than if your not on it....example..It should be a simple list of items your allowed to get for food, I actually wish it was a per set bag of food, with things like hamburger, peanut butter, bread, milk, cheese, eggs,potatos, butter,pork chops...you get the point...
It seems funny that they can get delmonico, t-bone, porterhouse, shrimp and foods like that....it might sound harsh, but when you see people with several packages of things like this in there cart and your struggling to get by, yet YOUR WORKING AND NOT ON ASSISTANCE it just kinda pisses people off...they(the ones on assistance) should have a set list of items.

It would be nice for those using assistance to have to go to the register and say can I have bag "A" this week.
The next week they get bag "C".....a stock boy could come up from the back and hand it to them and there shopping is done, thats all they get for free...it shouldn't be enough to feed them for the week...it is to help assist them with food costs...NOT SUPPORT THEM..... if they want anything else, they need to buy anything else thats not in there...so the expensive food, junk food and soda...would need to be paid for by the person...not the tax payer.

Then people don't need hundreds of dollars on the card, the card has no value, it just get swipped to show that they got there free bag this week..thats it...that alone would save hundreds of millions in a single year...plus ramdon drug testing...if you fail, you lose all assistance for 5 years!!!
Also, if you keep having kids while on assistance, you don't get more...actually I would say you should get less, so that way you get out there and start being responsible...if you don't well to bad, you can't expect the tax payer to pay for you being STUPID...because if you cannot make ends meet before, why in the hell would you have a kid...

Thats just my thoughts on that..what do you think?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OK,

Factories moving overseas so that they don't have to pay their employees a lot of money, while the cost of transporting the products to the United States, would make the price of that product roughly the same as it would be if it was manufactured in the United States.

Fact is our government and media won't point out that moving these companies over seas in the hundreds, is a part of what is creating a dependency on government handouts.

But they are quick to point out that taxing these rich corporations will cause them to layoff thousands of workers and raise costs.

Point is, people are being forced to expect a handout because the Jobs just aren't their, meanwhile, the corporations still outsource production overseas, then expect us to give them tax breaks. This goes for the people behind to corporations too.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

When the companies get taxed or the price for anything they do goes up, it is passed right along to us, the buyers of the product/service.
Thats fine , but if the powers to be wanna really help to fix the problem, they should cut what ever giveaways/aide and grants that they have as programs first....if the powers to be, stopped all free $$ going out, stopped giving $$ to other countries and took care of America first, then we could end this BS economy we have right now. If they charged a country for our services...then the wars we have would be funded by the countries that want us there for protection, and it wouldn't cost us a dime...in fact if they did it like a buisness they could actually make money and then we wouldn't need taxes...think about it...example....
If the average cost per person, per year, to help protect something from bad people, who do bad things is say $50,000 ...why not charge them $70,000 or even $100,000 per person, per year for protecting it...WOW that would work...plus it would really cut down the $$ that they take from us everytime we get paid....If we use 50 bombs that cost 1 million each, charge them 1.5 million per bomb used...That would also keep people back here working and making $$$ plus it adds to the profits all the way around...DAMN...
Plus we don't give any $$ away for nothing, NO FREE HANDOUTS to any one....if a company makes bad choices and fails, let them fail...other companies will pick up the pieces and it makes them stronger and a more healthy economy....DAMN...that was hard to fix.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
************************** Mod Note ***************************

The personal attacks, name-calling, and censor circumvention stop now. Posts will be removed, warnings issued, and posting privileges suspended for members that continue to post in offensive and aggressive manners.

The topic of this thread is the article with 20 signs of how people are more dependent on government than ever before. That is a legitimate topic that can be discussed intelligently and civilly. Please do exactly that.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

Originally posted by sirnex

Originally posted by saltdog
www.blacklistednews.com... /0/0/Y/M.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.blacklistednews.com... /0/0/0/Y/M.html

Ifound this today while reading the news.....its sad that people think that they sould get life for free.

It is sad that some people just abuse the system...

Yet at the same time, I'm one of those people who use government assistance to survive in this wonderful world of civilized living. I couldn't afford the three bedroom apartment I have if I didn't get section 8, I wouldn't be able to feed my family if I didn't have food stamps, it would be a pain to stay warm during the winter without fuel assistance. The most I've ever made is $13 an hour and that's at my current place of work now. I've looked for better paying entry level jobs and I just can't find any. I tried college and screwed that up. I tried going to a trade school, but that fell through as well. Trying to make ends meet is now taking up too much time to be able to continue trying to make things better.

The government screwed our economy to high hell, so in my opinion, they should be taking care of the problem. I would love nothing more than to get off government assistance, I absolutely hate it. I hate having strangers coming into my place to inspect it and make sure everything is perfect. I hate the fear that if there's something wrong they don't like and it doesn't get fixed within a month when they come back that I would have to uproot my family and find a different home.

The government is the biggest reason I'm even practicing survival skills. It's because we allow others to dictate our lives that we have all these problems. War and violence with hunter gather societies is extremely rare. War and violence with governments in power is the norm. I want no part of that garbage. I just want to shelter myself and feed myself, without FEAR of being prosecuted and jailed by people who don't even know I exist until they catch me and tell me I have to goto jail because I didn't play their game and pay them for the privilege to feed and shelter myself.

The Earth belongs to everyone, owned by no one. I have just as every much right as the next person to exist on this planet, and I will exercise that right whether the government likes it or not.

I guess your a product of the system, living beyond your means...3 bedrooms and have to have the government help you..WOW.. how about 1 room, keep your pecker in your pants, since you cannot support them....a 1 bedroom is a lot less than a 3...let me guess you have to many things....well sell them, because things don't feed or shelter your family.
You get assistance for heating and I guess food stamps also. Well you are living the new American dream complements of those of us that CAN support ourselves...YOUR WELCOME...now I would ask you to get off the assistance but hey your comfortable right now so you don't need to.
I see you can be on the internet...thats a luxury item, I bet you have a smart phone too...Amazing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by saltdog because: spelling

Ditto, Saltdog. I'd like to enjoy a family too, but as a 39 y/o childless woman in a secure relationship, I haven't had the money to contribute to the support of a child, and I won't before I'm officially out of time. Do I sponge off of a system so I can enjoy my biological due? NO! Because parenthood isn't a right, it's a responsibility. Hence, no little pitter-patter running about the house for me ever. I don't love that idea, but I'm not a jerk who thinks others should help me defray the costs of enjoying myself. The only sympathy I have is for the poor children. Growing up poor inhibits our evolution because instead of studying and pursuing interests, the poor children are instead occupied by concern for where dinner is coming from and which gang will offer them the most protection.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanbuffalo1
After reading the article referenced by the OP I come back to the old saying, 'Give a person a fish, feed them for a day, teach a person to fish, feed them for life'
Simple yet complex to fix.

It's more like "Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Give a man a fish, and you can bet he'll be back tomorrow for another free fish"

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Interesting that I am reading this right now.

I am a recovering alcoholic- 10 years- and I live deep in the country and travel to the city a couple times a week to AA meetings. Well, tonight I was a speaker at one of the meetings and in walks a woman, two kids in tote, 5 and 3, a suitcase with their clothes, bawling her eyes out since she lost everything drinking and drugging. She has only been sober 22 days and is living in a shelter. She's giving it everything she has to make a life again with the assistance of our government. I was proud to know I was helping her out as a tax paying citizen and am more than happy to help her out in any way I can in the future, as well as the other 40+ people there tonight.

"Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope."

Don't judge unless you have been in the shoes. Go to volunteer at your city's soup kitchens and shelters and you'll see plenty of good, deserving people getting help from our hard earned dollars. Many make it, get jobs, raise their children and give back to society by returning kindness.

edit on 16-12-2011 by moondancer811 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moondancer811

Best post in this thread mood. ATS and the world in general need more people like you. Glad to here that you're doing better after your problems.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Thank you Reptius, your kind words just made me blush!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join