It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Goverment Executes 16 Year Old From Colorado

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Awlaki was a treasonous traitor to America. A crime punishable by death during war time according to the law. If you don't want to be targeted, don't be a traitor and trick the youth into blowing themselves up for your cause. Not only was he treasonous, but he was a coward (as all of those pieces of feces are) who trick their youth into becoming suicide bombers.

One point I would like to make. When did congress declare war? Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Bush declared war without congress's ascent, so what tells you this is wartime? Remember you will be judged according to how you yourself judge.

As far as suicide bombers. If your country was invaded and taken over, you didn't have weaponry to take it back or mount an effective resistance. How would you repulse the enemy? Remember these are invasions not wars! There was no "proof" of WMD in Iraq (reason for invasion).

There was no need to be in Afghanistan, except to make more money via opium and heroin. Oh I forgot, there was. We had to stop Osama who was a trained CIA operative. Remember AL'Queda was trained by the US to be a thorn in Russia's side when they occupied Afghanistan.

Wait until it's one of your friends or family members getting whacked right at home for being a suspected terrorist. I bet you the tune to your song will change then.

Just so you know I'm not hating you, just espousing my own view point.

Peace be with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

How can you be an American citizen if you commit treason by joining the enemy and fighting against America?

Are you a Terrorist also?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The treason must be proven in a court of law first, and if so their citizenship is then taken. I can understand if someone is killed in capturing stage, but the government must try to bring them to court.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Just two weeks after killing confirmed Pentagon asset and American citizen Anwar Awlaki, the United States government executed Awlaki’s 16 year America son via a drone strike in Yemen.

The U.S. government is now targeting and executing American citizens, without due process, who they have labeled as terrorists with little to no evidence.

While we do not know if Awlaki’s son was the intended target of the drone strike(the U.S. government won’t say) it simply smacks in the face of the Constitution of this once great country to target areas with any U.S. citizens, much less a 16 year old kid.

In the video below, put together by RevolutionNews, and featuring the Young Turks, the horror of what our government is currently doing in their so called war on terror becomes frighteningly clear.

Sadly, besides Congressman and 2012 Presidential candidate Ron Paul, Congress has been largely behind the assassination of American citizens without due process as long as they have been labeled as terrorists by the very intelligence agencies that have themselves been involved in acts of terrorism.

theintelhub.com...

I could not find any other news sorce on this artical. Maybe MSM will come out with the in the days ahead.

Whats scary is the goverment is killing americans in other counties without trial. This is freighting as Congress just sit back with its arms crossed. Im really losing all hope for this Country. We really need a guard change!
edit on 6-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

And one more thing, why the (bleep) are we in yeman anyways? is this another obama war front? how many war fronts is this guy going to open before the media speeks up?
edit on 6-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

You have definitely been in that car too long, roll the windows down and get some air

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

At what country are we at war with? Has war been formally declared? You can not declare war on an action.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How can you be an American citizen if you commit treason by joining the enemy and fighting against America?

But the guy was in yeman, not iraq or afgan, so what was he terrorising or how was he fighting americans in yeman, unless we are in yeman and no one know about it....

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I don't have the time to find the links, I'm on my way out, but we have special forces in Yemen, and have for quite some time, training Yemeni forces.

online.wsj.com...

I had a moment.......

edit on 6-12-2011 by kyred because: Because

edit on 6-12-2011 by kyred because: I had a moment

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Awlaki was a treasonous traitor to America. A crime punishable by death during war time according to the law. If you don't want to be targeted, don't be a traitor and trick the youth into blowing themselves up for your cause. Not only was he treasonous, but he was a coward (as all of those pieces of feces are) who trick their youth into becoming suicide bombers.

For further emphasis. "During War Time".

There is no declaration of war. The "War on Terrorism" is much like the "War on Drugs".

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Timothy McVeigh had a fair trial after a terrorist attack on U.S. soil he wasn't executed immediately, but had a trial unlike others now days they just use chicken s**t drone attacks...I believe this is Deja Vu for me, because I am sure I have used him as a good example before, but apparently people don't remember or read the articles on here, especially the jingoist. Damn I love that word.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Soon it will be on American soil, these acts of terror must be stopped and those responsible held accountable, not the innocents they use as scape goats.

It already happens every day as officers of the law execute citizens without a trial.

Americans are already dying at the hands of tyranny every day...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Defending the constitution until your last breath, huh?

Apparently you died a long time ago.

"Treason" doesn't grant the government the right to execute people without a trial.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You ignorant fascist. You and Derby both.

Read the constitution. read the rest of the thread. You cannot be held accountable for treason until you are granted the right to trial, and have witnesses confirm you a traitor. The govt. and the military are not allowed to execute on a whim.

Go back to your cave, I can't believe you ignoramuses actually exist.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

The treason must be proven in a court of law first, and if so their citizenship is then taken. I can understand if someone is killed in capturing stage, but the government must try to bring them to court.

I'm sorry but from the moment a person joins with the enemy, they are no longer citizens, they are in fact enemy combatants on top of committing Treason.

I don't actually think people arguing this are in fact Terrorists themselves, but you simply cannot make excuses for or defend the actions of Terrorists.

I do worry how the laws will be applied, but in this case the person is a Terrorist. You cannot gather evidence for a trial when in combat against Terrorist groups, nor should anyone be expected to. The simple solution is for the Terrorism to stop. Making it easier for them to get off and rejoin their fellow Terrorists in trying to eliminate the West from the face of the earth is well, just dumb and very naive.

This kid was dead before he was born. His fate was sealed by the person who would raise him. He is not a child by any stretch and could not be considered as such in this case. The true blame lies with those who brainwashed him and raised him. Placing him in a prison here would only allow him to recruit others and result in lots of innocent victims. Doing so would make anyone involved in part guilty for the inevitable future deaths at their hands.

At some point you must add common sense to the law if you do not want to make it worse rather than better. Once a person joins with the Terrorists, they give up any Rights. Why do think Treason is supposed to result in being shot on sight? It's because that person if left alive will kill anyone on the other side. It's naive to think otherwise I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry but from the moment a person joins with the enemy, they are no longer citizens, they are in fact enemy combatants on top of committing Treason.

So who is the enemy exactly? Can you point them out in everyday life? When you go to the store can you point out and say that person is the enemy? Come on get real seriously... Observe everyday life around you before you start calling people terrorist instead of believe what you see on the television set.

I mean seriously has society came to the point where people can't think and observe for themselves? They need people like the media or the Government to say so? Wow...Enough said
edit on 6-12-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Where is your proof that his child, in another country, was in any way similar to the father? Brainwashed you say? Well, in a court of law that excludes him from any wrongdoing, does it not? Oh, now we see why he was killed...the government had a bad case. and would "lose" in court. Our drones usually kill or destroy more than just the intended target as well. Explosions are not real picky on what they damage.

Same reason JLL hasn't seen trial. They await his sanity to return....lol good luck.

Why do think Treason is supposed to result in being shot on sight?

That sounds like what happened to soldiers in the trenches that defected in WWI and WWII, not supposed terrorists with weak evidence that they may have something or other to do with their father.
edit on 12/6/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Wouldn't former president Bush be just as guilty then and punishable by the same law?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yes indeedy he WOULD!! And SHOULD be!!

(2nd line)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Veteran here.

Collateral damage.

Terrorists are cowards, and hide among family members to avoid fighting for their beliefs.

Drones are our answer to not sending out their troops for a fair fight.

Any questions?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You don't watch the news then, do you? It is now legal for the president to declare any US citizen an enemy combatant and have him/her assassinated. The military can arrest any citizen, on US soil or not, and hold him/her for an indefinite amount of time, without charges. Our Congress has passed all these laws.

And you thought America was still free...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join