It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline- The New Big U.S. EXPORT? YES!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The United States began exporting gas in late 2008. For decades prior, starting in 1960, the country used all the gas it produced here plus had to import gas from places in Europe.
So at first when I read this atricle title, I was a little perplexed. However after reading the article, I am still JUST AS PERPLEXED! What the heck is going on here? I understand we need the crude to refine it to gasoline, diesel, jet fuel..etc, but we have such an abundance and $4 a gallon gas has become the norm in this country? Intresting article none the less.money.cnn.com...
edit on 5-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It is amazing how they just flip a switch and there is an abundance of fuel all of a sudden. No build up to it. No infrastructure remodeling, it is just there. No previous word about the refineries being fired up or built, it just materializes just like the US dollar.

Sounds fishy to me. It is odd how all of a sudden the US becomes a big exporter of fuel. Seems like this comes about just in time for something else. I do not know, but when a war starts it looks like someone will now be benefiting from all the refined fuel the US just came up with.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There never was and never will be a shortage of oil, just a few rich guys making wild profits from its metered usage.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

It has always been my belief that the US is waiting for the time when the rest of the worlds oil is running dry to tap our own oil to export.

IT would make sense and explain why the electric car has been long delayed and their seems to be not urgency in moving away from gas.

The US sits on some of the largest untaped oil fields.
edit on 5-12-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree 100%. Always have as well. This is just like a slap in the face imo. Im gettin a scooter

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I really don't see what's so hard to get here.

If there is a demand for gasoline elsewhere for $4+, it will be shipped and sold there, and not in the US. That's capitalism. If there is a certain excess distilling capacity (which not many countries have), it will be used when there is an opportunity. We import most of our oil, refine it and sell a portion of gas (which is processed oil) to some customers elsewhere. What's the big deal?

After all, the US also exports plastics. Conceptually, there is no difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by AllUrChips

It has always been my belief that the US is waiting for the time when the rest of the worlds oil is running dry to tap our own oil to export.

IT would make sense and explain why the electric car has been long delayed and their seems to be not urgency in moving away from gas.

The US sits on some of the largest untaped oil fields.
edit on 5-12-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

There is a problem with this philosophy though.

Lets say the entire planet eats up their reserves and leaves the US with the only place with any oil left. Then the US becomes a target for every single country out there that wants oil. It is basic human nature, if we are the only ones with oil, there will be others coming to try to take it from us. It is inevitable, and if that is the plan then it is a bad one because it will only paint a target on us.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

*sigh*

Just walk away...and there will be an end to the horror!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
we brits pay well over $10 a gallon for fuel so it wouldnt take a genius to say "send it over to the brits and lets trouser some serious change"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Skewed

*sigh*

Just walk away...and there will be an end to the horror!

Good old Lord Humungus................

Brilliant!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I live in the state of South Australia

Last night I paid $1.57 AU per litre of 100 octane fuel

That is about $6 US per gallon

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

and you wonder why we spend 3x the rest of the world on defense spending? perhaps they are planning for just that scenario.

join