It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: No indication drone in Iran was shot down..."We lost the drone"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Spin, Spin, Spin...

So now they are saying that this may be a 'lost' drone.

"Nope, we weren't spying at all. We just lost our drone".

I can't say for sure if this is a first but it does sound like a nice way of denying any antics. They also say that they have no way of knowing if it was shot down since it was lost and they didn't have any track of it. Perfect.

Sometimes I am truly amazed at how stupid they think we are. A lost drone ends up on the ground in the exact area of the World that is being targeted for the next invasion. Again...Perfect!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A U.S. official said Sunday that Washington had no indication that a drone that had crashed in Iran had actually been shot down.
The NATO-led force in Afghanistan said the drone the Iranians claim to have shot down may be an unarmed surveillance drone that was lost last week while flying over western Afghanistan. A surveillance drone flying over western Afghanistan had gone out of control late last week and may be the one Iran said it had shot down over its own airspace, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said on Sunday.

edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Haha great. I can see why they might say such a thing.

A bit embarrassing having a drone shot down by Iran, then not being able to do a thing about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Or it could be the truth, it was lost.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by jude11

Haha great. I can see why they might say such a thing.

A bit embarrassing having a drone shot down by Iran, then not being able to do a thing about it.

I just never get over the fact of how they report something that everyone knows is a lie in the first place. It's almost as if they have no idea of how intelligent us lowly citizens can be in that we can read between the lines.

They just put it out there and expect us to accept it as fact because they put it out there. And we are not to question.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReeceIkyle
Or it could be the truth, it was lost.

A possibility yes. However unlikely.

But highly coincidental that it gets lost and ends up in the back yard of Iran of all places don't you think?

HUGE coincidence that I ain't buying.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Bit like someone boasting that they have nicked your Ferrari........only for you to claim that you forgot where you parked it, you'd left the keys in the ignition.....and you didn't really want it anyway!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Aren't those drones controlled manual ? I mean someones driving those things from a near base/ship right?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
how do you lose an expensive UAV, that thing has to have multiple gps' inside

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How can a predator or reaper be shot down when they don't exist?

How can a machine that has killed so many innocent people be shot down if it is not real?

Americans should be celebrating. One less of these goddam flying killing machines.

How long before they are using these things worldwide including in america.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

But highly coincidental that it gets lost and ends up in the back yard of Iran of all places don't you think?

I forgot, things cannot be just be normal here, there has to be an edge. Some of you probably crap and think it's an alien.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looking at the range of the RQ-170 Sentinel and the place it shot down and the statement saying late last week....

I'm sure the civilians will buy it though and no one will actually do their math.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I forgot, things cannot be just be normal here, there has to be an edge. Some of you probably crap and think it's an alien.

Nothing is normal anymore...and when I crap, I call it art. Or Stuart.

As I mentioned, if it truly is the case, it is a HUGE coincidence. It may very well be true.

Personally I doubt it but that's me.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Be careful don't fool yourself. Yes "they" know these lies can be fed to many and be swallowed whole-heartedly.

But there's no doubt that "they" know of people like you and I that have alternative views. But what can anyone do anyway? The answer is nothing, and that's why "they" couldn't care less about what we think.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
How can a predator or reaper be shot down when they don't exist?

How can a machine that has killed so many innocent people be shot down if it is not real?

Americans should be celebrating. One less of these goddam flying killing machines.

How long before they are using these things worldwide including in america.

Already in the works for America:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by jude11

Be careful don't fool yourself. Yes "they" know these lies can be fed to many and be swallowed whole-heartedly.

But there's no doubt that "they" know of people like you and I that have alternative views. But what can anyone do anyway? The answer is nothing, and that's why "they" couldn't care less about what we think.

Exactly right.

They say what they want because many still take it as truth and that's good enough I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Maybe not your own cr@p, but if it was someone else's, then it would be alien wouldn't it??

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wiki

An Al Jazeera report suggests that the drone had been brought down by a virtual attack from Iran's cyberwarfare unit, after taking control of it.
Gettin tired of repeating myself in all these threads.

The UAV was hacked and forced to land.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whether it was shot down, lost or made a 10/10 landing the question remains as to what a US reconnaissance craft was doing over Iran? Obviously spying which granted, all countries do to eachother.

But they don't just 'lose' drones and the Iranians have no reason to lie about shooting one down.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am surprised they didn't come up with something like..."it ran out of fuel over Iranian airspace..."!

At least then they would have admitted to spying...and could of blamed it on some flunky engineer that figured the fuel usage wrong.

This is embarrassing...and sad!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Hacked by Iran? That's some serious capabilities they have. Hard to believe, unless it was China or Russia. Do you know who is responsible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join