It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wow, credit to this young mans exceptional parents!!!
What a magnificent set of values, insight, will & wisdom they have managed to instill in him.
As a mother I know how challenging & difficult this can be.
If only all children were so lucky, what a different world we would see.
Maybe I should get a girlfriend!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thank you very much for that! Now I'm in the picture.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What an inspirational young man, he is a credit to his family. His mothers have raised a fine young man.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

wow that was a powerful speechy. Well done to the lad. There is nothing wrong with same sex marriages...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It's not about this kid being raised succesfully. That is not the issue.

The issue is two women who have 0% possibility of having their 'own' children. Without male help this proves two things....

- Homosexuality isn't biologically normal
- Homosexuals crave for what fully healthy heterosexuals can do biologically 100% of the time - have children
- Homosexuals cannot be satisfied with being different as they have chosen, as they find the biologically natural urge as an individual to have children but they need something their partner cannot ever give...

Ok 3 things....

It's both sad and amusing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In the future we will look back on the prohibitation of gay marriage and marvel at our own ignorance. but for now the world is still the center of the universe...and flat.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
It's not about this kid being raised succesfully. That is not the issue.

The issue is two women who have 0% possibility of having their 'own' children. Without male help this proves two things....

- Homosexuality isn't biologically normal
- Homosexuals crave for what fully healthy heterosexuals can do biologically 100% of the time - have children
- Homosexuals cannot be satisfied with being different as they have chosen, as they find the biologically natural urge as an individual to have children but they need something their partner cannot ever give...

Ok 3 things....

It's both sad and amusing.

Your last line sums up your post.

There you go with 'chosen' as if they have decided their sexuality. I guess when you chose yours the decision was easy. When did you choose yours? Are you telling me you can become gay?
Homosexuality is biologically normal.
Gays have maternal/paternal instincts the same as hetero's.
I suggest you open your mind and heart a little.
edit on 1-12-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm gay, and I've been with my partner for 8 years now. I'm not part of any gay community, nobody ever "guesses" that I'm gay, and neither my partner or I want children, for the simple reason that we couldn't both be the biological parents. We also have no need nor desire to get married.

That's me, and those are my life choices. I should be allowed to make my own choices about my own life. If those choices change in 10 years, that should be alright too.

Great speech, I hope it reached the ears it needed to reach. I believe that being allowed to be who you are makes you a good person. Being told there's something wrong with you because you're not the same as someone else makes this world a bad place, whether that "wrong" thing is your sexual orientation, your weight, your skin colour or your personal beliefs.
edit on 1-12-2011 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a quote to remember

"sexual orientation has [...] zero effect on the content of [a][...] character"

edit on 1-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 1-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This Kid for President?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh. My. God.

Hope.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I was going to post this today.
The kid is one hell of a talker.
Sounds like he has his head on right.
He should get in politics.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well spoken.

But how incredibly sad that we live in a world where acceptance needs to be requested through a prepared speech to a board of elected fools.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
But how incredibly sad that we live in a world where acceptance needs to be requested through a prepared speech to a board of elected fools.

Not just acceptance but laws that pertain to individual freedom for life, liberty and happiness as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
Not just acceptance but laws that pertain to individual freedom for life, liberty and happiness as well.

Yip. It really does boggle my mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Great post. You choose to not get marriedm etc but I think the big part that you missed which people don't understand is you didn't choose to be gay, you were born that way and that is what people don't understand.

With the way gay/bi/lesbian people are treated, why would any choose to be like that? I have a cousin who is gay and he is as human as any of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

if the victim, 19 y/o zack, was raised by 2 thespians, and it had no effect on him, then wouldn't his testimony be moot? He is basicly saying it did NOT have a positive effect on him. So his argument is pointless. Sorry Zack, thats the way the law works. Next please.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just don't understand what sexual orientation has to do with proper child rearing.

If you take an intelligent couple (M&F, F&F, or M&M) with good parenting skills, they are most likely going to have a well-rounded child who grows into a healthy adult.

On the other hand, take a less intelligent couple with less than desireable parenting skills, and they'll produce an adult who is ingorant and a cancerous growth on society.

Then, you can have an intelligent couple who rears a child into a disfunctional adult.

Then, you can have an unintelligent couple who raises a well adjusted child who turns into a healthy adult.

You can also use these instances with a single parent household. Simply change the "couple" into "individual"

There are so many variables. One we must consider is the fact that the sperm donor might have been of optimum intelligence, which I must assume is the situation in this case. Most people who can afford to be artificially inseminated aren't going to choose a donor of low intelligence.

The man in the video shouldn't be considered the usual outcome in any circumstance, but he is positioning himself to become the poster child/adult for same sex parents. He's taking on a huge responsibility.

I have to believe for every well-adjusted person, you will have one who is just the opposite.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
was raised by 2 thespians

Lots of people in Hollywood are raised by 2 thespians. Should we also ban them from being married too?

edit on 1-12-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join