It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intolerance by those preaching tolerance (the tram ride)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yes, I am a racism enabler because I have a different opinion and don't think someone should seek out racism in everything they see..... makes perfect sense. Yet you are free and in your words 'right' to be prejudiced against Londoners. Have you heard the word hypocrite before?
You can think of me what you like, I have been the subject of plenty of prejudice in my life and it left me bitter and sad. Then one day I thought to myself, screw them, just ignore them and they will get bored and I will be stop feeling miserable.
The poster in question did have a go at more than the OP, read the thread.

Also, why should I be ashamed of myself? I didn't say they were a bad person. In fact by suggesting they lighten up was an attempt at helping them shift some of the anger. I am against racism but I don't need to attack every differing opinion to try and prove that.
edit on 30-11-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

To everyone else: I think (as mentioned by another poster) the most interesting issue raised here is our complete and utter failure to think logically or rationally when faced with something that shocks us. Myself included.

Not me. I stated right off the bat that if I was there I would've sat down and conversed in a civil manner about her woes. I knew right away that her mind was troubled with deeper issues.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

oh no worries i found in the other thread nada is really gun ho about labeling anyone a racist arbitrarily. Hes just trying to make the world a better pace one accusation and twist of charater at a time.
edit on 30-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
As far as I'm aware there is not an illness, mental or otherwise, that results in outright racism. If what you say is true then I hope she gets better, but she will still be a revolting racist, whether mentally ill or not.

I'm not sure I can lend myself to give sympathy to this woman, in the same way I cannot give sympathy to those mentally ill who commit any other heinous acts.

You have to understand OP that more than anything the issue here is the woman is a racist. Someone can rant and rave and swear and be abusive about any issue they like, and at worst they'd be considered d///heads and people move along. People don't like her because of her racism.

With or without her mental issues she will be a racist.

Emma has my sympathy, and I dont do this lightly. She needs to be shown compassion and understanding. Evolve the human mind with love and forgiveness and we shall all shine.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

To everyone else: I think (as mentioned by another poster) the most interesting issue raised here is our complete and utter failure to think logically or rationally when faced with something that shocks us. Myself included.

Not me. I stated right off the bat that if I was there I would've sat down and conversed in a civil manner about her woes. I knew right away that her mind was troubled with deeper issues.

You should be very proud of yourself for this, I can only hope that next time something like this happens my senses work properly ;-) Well done to you for being able to keep a rational mind

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I agree that we must, however difficult, let people say what they want.

That is freedom.

If you do not believe in Freedom of speech for your moral and mortal enemies, you do not believe in Freedom of Speech.

We all want to believe we are compassionate, but few can pass the test when the real rubber hits the road.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
deleted. Irrelevant to thread.
edit on 30-11-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

you need to provide evidence and proof to make such public claim.
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Then I geuss YOU need to provide some evidence or proof that he or she is lying to make such a public claim. Did you know your tainted logic can be turned against you?

You can tell in the video that something with her is not quite right. I never heard anything racist in her rant anyway.

For those of you who don't know, lower class British people use the F bomb profusely, it's just the way they speak. Does that make them bad people? I don't think so. Personally, the F word is my favorite word. I find it to be the most expressive word in the English language. I don't give a flying funny if anyone gets offended by my use of the word. Those who are easily offended from just hearing a word are usually the quickest to pass judgment on others and they are the ones who are truly disgusting.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by Darkmask because: composition

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Mental imbalances does not cause racism it just enhances it. Mental imbalance causes loss of yourself control and being able to think with a clear mind.

if she had sexist tendencies she would have gone off on that. some people would have gotten physical as they don't care too much for words.

Please don't try to excuse her true self that was unbound and un inhibited by her mental imbalance.

the gates to her mind were open and a very dirty part of hers was revealed for all the world to see.

a shame.

freedom of speech though so game on. I would much rather know what a person really thinks instead of putting up a front but that is just me.
edit on 30-11-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I really wanted to know the reason why the woman was angry even though her comments were racist.

I was shocked by this (From Twitter)
twitter.com...
"Piers Morgan I suggest all those demanding the #MyTramExperience woman 'should be allowed her opinion' just shut up. Morons."

Is he saying people should not have freedom of speech?

en.wikipedia.org...
If we do not believe in freedom of expression for those despise we do not believe in it at all. - Noam Chomsky

Maybe he only believes in freedom of speech for some? The mind boggles.....

Limbo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Well if she is suffering from a rather severe mental condition then why was she with the child?
This is an issue in and of itself.
If she can't control herself then she should hand the child over to family or friends untill she can be safe with the child again.

That could have easily gotten VERY ugly.
She is clearly in no position or fit state of mind to be looking after the child and your OP just reinforces this.

You want to defend her because your a friend? well defend yourself because a friend should have stepped in for the childs sake.

WTH were you and her other 'sane' minded friends and family thinking leaving her alone with the kid when she is so mentally unstable?

Answer that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
As far as I'm aware there is not an illness, mental or otherwise, that results in outright racism. If what you say is true then I hope she gets better, but she will still be a revolting racist, whether mentally ill or not.

I'm not sure I can lend myself to give sympathy to this woman, in the same way I cannot give sympathy to those mentally ill who commit any other heinous acts.

You have to understand OP that more than anything the issue here is the woman is a racist. Someone can rant and rave and swear and be abusive about any issue they like, and at worst they'd be considered d///heads and people move along. People don't like her because of her racism.

With or without her mental issues she will be a racist.

I challenge you to go to the psyche ward of any psyche clinic where they treat mental patients and observe for a few hours, then come back. Let's see what you think when you have truly been exposed to the reality of disordered thinking beyond one's control.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by colin42

Well if she is suffering from a rather severe mental condition then why was she with the child?
This is an issue in and of itself.
If she can't control herself then she should hand the child over to family or friends untill she can be safe with the child again.

That could have easily gotten VERY ugly.
She is clearly in no position or fit state of mind to be looking after the child and your OP just reinforces this.

You want to defend her because your a friend? well defend yourself because a friend should have stepped in for the childs sake.

WTH were you and her other 'sane' minded friends and family thinking leaving her alone with the kid when she is so mentally unstable?

Answer that.

If HIPAA does not allow a parent to be involved in their 18 yr old child's medical care or life, what makes you think a friend can intervene in an adult parent's life? OK it's in England, so maybe the system is different there, but the State cannot control everything, much as it wants to. Wanna call child services for this? Do it yourself. It's so easy to look at someone in a position you have never been in and judge them. Wait till your karma catches up with you, and you reap what you sow as judgement. And here you are even telling her friends how to behave.
edit on 1-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk
reply to post by colin42

Mental imbalances does not cause racism it just enhances it. Mental imbalance causes loss of yourself control and being able to think with a clear mind.

if she had sexist tendencies she would have gone off on that. some people would have gotten physical as they don't care too much for words.

Please don't try to excuse her true self that was unbound and un inhibited by her mental imbalance.

the gates to her mind were open and a very dirty part of hers was revealed for all the world to see.

a shame.

freedom of speech though so game on. I would much rather know what a person really thinks instead of putting up a front but that is just me.
edit on 30-11-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

Very rarely is one person so incorrect on so many points on one post.

That's like saying that a homeless shopping bag lady, or man, suffering from a mental illness would have prefered to be a homeless shopping bag lady before developing a mental illness but didn't bother doing it until she developed a mental illness.

edit on 1-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Mass immigration of none-white indigenous peoples to the west is a planned tactic of the ptb.

Someone pointing this out in public IS a target and will not recieve a shred of sympathy from nearly all the controlled media.
Btw it's not the journalists who are out to get her, but the slimy editors and scum at the top.

She had some drink in her when the film was made so her mouth got a bit OTT for sure.

The media won't tell you she was driven by elements within the tram to say these things.

She's spoken for the silent majority, albeit with rougher words than necessary.
The people have spoken and more of this so-called 'outrage' will soon be coming...
edit on 1-12-2011 by WatchRider because: grammer and clarity edit

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by The Great Day

I could do that sure but how many people would look?

I spoke with the partner this morning who is in pieces as you could imagine. His father has written to the Sun and has yet to recieve a response.

I am trying to get him compassionate leave from work but when I asked if he was going to get his lawyers involved his response was he just wanted this over. The press off his doorstep. Partner well and back home and an end to the death threats. To lead a normal life.

Forget even bothering with the Sun, they are about as much for white Briton's in racism cases as they are for intelligence or accuracy.
You'd be better off with a right-wing media outlet like the Express or Mail. They are controlled but with more of a sympathetic slant to Briton's (usually).

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

Then I geuss YOU need to provide some evidence or proof that he or she is lying to make such a public claim. Did you know your tainted logic can be turned against you?

You can tell in the video that something with her is not quite right. I never heard anything racist in her rant anyway.

Tainted logic. I am not the person making these claims.

Proof. You want proof. I can provide proof. I can provide clear proof that the woman is racist. I am not here telling a story. There is a story being told in the OP. IT is a story that is claiming the woman is not racist. Here is the proof the woaman is racist:

I have not seen any proof the woman is not racist. We had claims made. There was an offer to bring in mods to bring some clarification to the claims.. I asked twice about this and it was ignored.

THere have been 2 more disgusting racist rants that have appeared with police investigating them.

I do wonder will these people also be claiming that they suffer from mental illness and this is the reason for their disgusting racist tirades.

As no proof is being provided on this thread people will need to wait for the court cases for the truth to be revealed.

Like I said in another thread we are going to see a lot more of these videos appearing. It is now a way for the victims and the bullied to show how they are treated. They now have a voice. They will be heard. There will be a lot of people very worried about this.

(Your coment that you do not hear anything racist in her rant gives us a great insight into the type of person you are.)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

what the effing hell is a coloured person or a person of colour that right there is offensive in its own right this proves your underlying racism you have

They both have coloured workmates and friends that will have to understand Emma's actions. The ones I have spoken to were shocked, felt let down and the old saying 'no smoke without fire' is an old saying for a reason.

The use of the term "coloured person" in this instance was perfectly acceptable. The sentence would not have made any sense otherwise. It certainly does not indicate racism in any shape or form.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I find it absolutely terrifying that so many people are actually suggesting she be shot (see here) for - get this - SPEAKING WORDS!

What happened to: "I disagree with what you say but I defend your right to say it"?

This incident is no exception, no matter how offended by it some people are. Personally I'm more offended by the black woman who said she's here to work because the British are too lazy to. That was by far the most truly racist thing said on that tram.

But my overriding point here is that a section of the British public are showing themselves to be true supporters of STASI-like totalitarianism. THAT's what makes me ashamed of Britain, not Ms West's words.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
The people have spoken and more of this so-called 'outrage' will soon be coming...

Unfortunately, yes. You cannot dispossess a people of their homeland and expect no backlash at any point. Did the Native Americans not fight back? Have the Palestinians not fought Israel? Did the Zulus not fight the Imperialists?

It's a fact that people do not take kindly to being colonised. Whatever the truth behind Ms West's personal beliefs, the tram incident represents a taste of things to come. Let us hope that words are all that need to be thrown around before the English people are listened to.

edit on 1/12/2011 by Cythraul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join