It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intolerance by those preaching tolerance (the tram ride)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
What is your excuse for the intolerance and hatred you are showing whilst pretending to be outraged?.

Good question ... I see it everywhere .. all the time ... the 'tolerant' far left or the 'loving' far right, but when something comes up that they don't agree with, watch the venom flow. (usually in a passive-agressive manner) I see it here at times. Some people who hide behind their alleged 'tolerance' ... put it out as a front ... and people buy into it all the while they are being bamboozled by that person who doesn't even know they are actually intolerant.

Messed up.

BTW ... the medical story of this woman is sad .... and I believe your story.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Trust me. The boy in question is one of those kids that is full of energy. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and Vikings.

I could see he was under stress and scared. Yes. I am afraid he has heard outbursts before on occassion but not the norm.

During her stay at a mental home that she requested she was also put on suicide watch. She needs help, she has asked for help and she is getting help. Both sides of the family help when they can as do their friends.

Uninformed comments do not help. The papers dont care about the truth. I am trying to address the balance and then you make up your own minds

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
why dont you make a Youtube vid response with this information...

to help your friend out. That would be more effective than posting here.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

There is nothing I can tell you that would act as evidence of a belief for or against racisist belief.

I have told you the back story believe it or reject it. Man you have an ego to feed and I am not about to provide you a free lunch.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Trust me. The boy in question is one of those kids that is full of energy. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and Vikings.

I could see he was under stress and scared. Yes. I am afraid he has heard outbursts before on occassion but not the norm.

During her stay at a mental home that she requested she was also put on suicide watch. She needs help, she has asked for help and she is getting help. Both sides of the family help when they can as do their friends.

Uninformed comments do not help. The papers dont care about the truth. I am trying to address the balance and then you make up your own minds

Your asking for a lot of trust in this thread. I believe your story of her medical condition and circumstance and certainly have sympathy for the woman. I had sympathy before I knew her medical condition. As I said most people don't behave in such a way, no matter what their beliefs may be.

However, the behavior of the child was not that of one obsessed with a toy , but one who had become de-sensitized these types of out bursts.

I agree with you that people tend to have a knee jerk reaction to these events, which then get fueled by the media, which in turn whips up the lynch mob mentality I hate so much about this country.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You said that we will know that you are telling the truth if we do research. How are we suppose to get this information about her being in the mental institute? You're making it seem like everything that you're saying is out there somewhere on some creditable site.

I'm not saying you aren't telling the truth, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to tell people to research what you're saying if the information isn't even out there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I could do that sure but how many people would look?

I spoke with the partner this morning who is in pieces as you could imagine. His father has written to the Sun and has yet to recieve a response.

I am trying to get him compassionate leave from work but when I asked if he was going to get his lawyers involved his response was he just wanted this over. The press off his doorstep. Partner well and back home and an end to the death threats. To lead a normal life.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I could do that [make a video on YouTube] sure but how many people would look?

Any you think you'll be more noticed on ATS?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I assure you I am not expecting you to request a doctors report. I am not asking you to believe me without doubt. You can however look at what is available again and consider the information I have given you in the light of it.

That is what I am asking.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No I am asking those on this site that has a motto of deny ignorance to consider what I have reported before joining a thread that has convicted, sentanced and executed someone on more information than that based on a video alone

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

West is said to have hurled abuse at passengers while her four-year-old child sat on her lap on a tram from Croydon, south London.

West, 34, of New Addington, London, was charged at Croydon Magistrates' Court with a racially aggravated public order offence, denied bail and remanded for a week.

The clip, which was apparently filmed on the Croydon to Wimbledon Tramlink route, has been viewed by thousands of people after appearing online on Sunday.

The court heard 'there is a serious risk of her being injured in revenge attack by the public'

West, who was wearing jeans and a white Adidas jacket, was not asked to enter a plea.

She was arrested on Monday.

www.metro.co.uk...

The full and true story will be heard in court.

The thread should be suspended until then if the OP is not prepared to offer any proof of his claims.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Well, the Original Poster said that she was from NewAddington, so that was true.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I could do that sure but how many people would look?

I spoke with the partner this morning who is in pieces as you could imagine. His father has written to the Sun and has yet to recieve a response.

I am trying to get him compassionate leave from work but when I asked if he was going to get his lawyers involved his response was he just wanted this over. The press off his doorstep. Partner well and back home and an end to the death threats. To lead a normal life.

I hope the Sun takes it up. And if the press is on his doorstep he will have plenty of oportunity to reveal her truth. The women would have to me ill or drunk to carry on like that in public...so i do hope for her saftey the truth does come out.

The comments are coming on youtube is so fast its hard to keep up.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That what the OP says is true or not doesn't matter, the point made is that we are quick to judge and make emotional opinions, influenced by a short video, ignorant of the context, easily impressed, swayed and herded. Even us, ATSers draped in our blind and pretentious pride that we are not sheeple. It had lead some to use this video as a starting point that racism is gaining momentum as if there was any correlation, sensationalizing and de-intellectualizing like the best MSM.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Not only that but people actually wanted her to get beaten! "Tolerant" people want to beat up a lady with a baby because she expressed her opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
That what the OP says is true or not doesn't matter, the point made is that we are quick to judge and make emotional opinions, influenced by a short video, ignorant of the context, easily impressed, swayed and herded. Even us, ATSers draped in our blind and pretentious pride that we are not sheeple. It had lead some to use this video as a starting point that racism is gaining momentum as if there was any correlation, sensationalizing and de-intellectualizing like the best MSM.

truth doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Deny ignorance. You call for suspension of a thread offering information. Like I said mate, you've got an ego, now you demand a gagging order.

If the mods wish to contact me and assure me the information I give them will remain confidential I will be happy to comply.

Offering a link tells nothing. I have already stated my reason for posting in a response to the papers not reporting the full story.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Not only that but people actually wanted her to get beaten! "Tolerant" people want to beat up a lady with a baby because she expressed her opinion.

Wonderful, isnt it?

Tolerance is defined by the mob. A hundred years ago the mob would be on the side of the woman, mental health issues aside. Today the mob is against the woman.

The one constant is the desire to wield violence as a tool of justice. Individuals, groups, governments, can spin it howver they want but in the end they're mostly just club swinging neanderthals.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It looks to me the less we know the more strongly opiniated we tend to be (with desastrous consequences sometimes) when tickled on our emotions.

On subjects we are more knowledgable or experienced, we tend to be more prudent maybe because we understand the complexity and the multiple factors possibly involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I wasn't sure to believe or not, but now I do.

The information you gave about where the lady lived was accurate with what was just released.

There really is no reason for you to go through all the trouble to make this stuff up, you are remaining anonymous not even wanting to show your face on a video, so it's not for popularity.

The only reason you could be making it up is to teach us a lesson not to judge.

But I believe you. I have faith in humanity and I'm not gonna believe that that lady was 'just' a racist. I'm going to believe that something indeed was wrong with her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join