It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question to Christians and everyone.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Well, I feel a connection to something greater, like a force that just knows what youre doing. Im like Agnostic all the way. And it feels right. SO, who are they to say im wrong, just like who am i to say they are? When we could just get over the difference instead of worrying about WHO is right, worry about WHAT is right. You see?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Mythfury. I think you are very close to the truth. IMHO religion has sent more people to hell than anything. But don't get me wrong. I praticipate in religion. I associate myself with others that love Jesus also.

AlreadyGone put it best. "Christ only asked you to follow Him... He never said He would cut off your head if you didn't." Jesus asked us to accept him as the Christ. That means it is a personnal choice. And it is a personnal relationship. Not a religious relationship.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by abeverage

Haha ohmahgosh! Ill go change that for you.

OH NO NO Don't! It is as silly as arguing over religion IMHO too hence the (hehe)

I for one only care if it affects me when it comes to just about everything. As long as it does not hurt me what do I care?

If you worship your God and he doesn’t smote me, all is good. If I worship mine and ask that they don’t smite thee, I am betting the same…

Stupid rich politicians, Crazy World leaders, and Fanatic Religious icons, who think theirs is bigger or other such nonsense instead of doing what is best for their followers or constituents. Instead get into pissing contests that is the real problem not your average (atheist, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, other) human who just wants to live happy and peacefully, but is mislead to thinking the enemy is always at the gates! When the truth is a friend is waiting if we all open our hearts and minds.

edit on 29-11-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

When we could just get over the difference instead of worrying about WHO is right, worry about WHAT is right. You see?

When you believe what you believe is the one and only truth, there's just no way around it. No ifs, ands or buts. And the faithless like you just need to get out of the way or suffer the consequences.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Awww you changed it...well at least the rest of my post is no longer moot.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

reply to post by abeverage

OH NO NO Don't! It is as silly as arguing over religion IMHO too hence the (hehe)

I for one only care if it affects me when it comes to just about everything. As long as it does not hurt me what do I care?

Too late! (i know, i did it to add humor to the post)

You should care about the people still going to hell, people forced to sin to live. And to live for what, so they can sin some more to sin?

Can't all religions agree that their is something bigger than us? And thats all that really matters right? My life is based in this material world, so lets make it as best we can, instead of killing and being unable to cope with the differences. Agree to Disagree sounds like it could fit in here.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Faith and hope can be evil.

Is that something Jesus would say, Mr. Blue Shift? Get out of the way? Hmmm. I dunno, you arent a very good spokesperson for the religious.

I didnt say it was the truth, but those thoughts are based off of what people who have faith claim to be truth.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Christ said follow me . He didnt like organized religion. He called them crooks! Read the book, do what it says. It says if you make a public spectacle of your self with a big fat prayer, over dinner at a restraunt , then that good feeling is all you get! Dont bitch about the speck of sawdust in your niegbors eye, when you have a board stuck in your own! It is about following in his example, and understanding, without his sacrifice, we'd be doomed!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

I dont like organized religion either.

I couldnt agree more with the things you said.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
why would you trust something just because someone told you to. There is nothing to back up the bible nor the things in it. As far as any of us are concerned they're just stories. Whether you believe in it or not, it's just a story. None of us were there. Even if the stories are true or not doesn't matter. Believing can never be knowing.

Why can't believing be knowing? One comes to know God through reading scripture and the work of the Holy Spirit - just as anyone comes to know any subject - by learning and studying. And the more one studies His Word, the more one knows that these aren't just stories. Not a convincing argument I know, but the reality nonetheless. God's message to His called is one of patience, longing and His righteousness - and how His creation, through space and time, will fulfill His desires to see the Children of God born to the universe.

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

so what exactly is your question? is Obama the anti-christ? is there a God? is only one true God? help me out here, cause when I clicked on this thread I was expecting a question, forgive me, but mostly what I see is your own thoughts and it seems that you have your mind made up already....you know questions are asked by people who really want answers, but if you believe you have got it all figured out you would not accept any one else's beliefs anyway, or maybe I am just misunderstanding you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Christ only asked you to follow Him... He never said He would cut off your head if you didn't.

*ahem*, that's not what he said in the Bible.

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.

- Luke 19:27

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

It's a parable. Of course you need to read the entire parable to get it's meaning. I am not a bible scholar. But this verse is at the end of the parable. To me, Jesus is foretelling of God's final judgement on the unbeliever.

Plain and simple it all boiled down to believe Jesus is the Son of God and accept him as your personnal savior, or spend eternity seperated from God in a place that was not made for you. Hey I'm not God and didn't come up with the plan. But I trust his wisdom and accept him for who he is. My Savior.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
reply to post by Nosred

It's a parable. Of course you need to read the entire parable to get it's meaning. I am not a bible scholar. But this verse is at the end of the parable. To me, Jesus is foretelling of God's final judgement on the unbeliever.

Plain and simple it all boiled down to believe Jesus is the Son of God and accept him as your personnal savior, or spend eternity seperated from God in a place that was not made for you. Hey I'm not God and didn't come up with the plan. But I trust his wisdom and accept him for who he is. My Savior.

If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

- Luke 14:26

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

- Matt 10:35-6

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

- Matt 10:34

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

- Luke 22:36

The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

21And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

- Mark 11:12-4, 20-1

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

- Luke 12:42-8

20And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

21Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

Exodus 21:20-1

So hate your family, sell your clothes for weaponry, kill trees for not bearing fruit out of season, own slaves and beat them as severely as you'd like as long as they don't die: real good "wisdom" from a "savior".

If this is what your God is like then I'd rather spend an eternity in hell.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The whole mission of Jesus was to end religion. Now Jesus stands between God and humanity as our advocate to God.
Jesus finished off religion. Jesus left us with two laws. Love God and love each other. If anybody teaches anything else then they are not working on behalf of Jesus. They are antichrists, according to the bible.
Your perception of Christianity has been warped by the world and bad Christians.
See Christians are human so they are born into sin and are evil.
Some will tell you that humanity are Gods or are part of God, thats a lie. Humanity are sinners and lost.
Look at the way people act and you will see how horrible we are. Thats why we need Jesus, because we are human.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is that something Jesus would say, Mr. Blue Shift? Get out of the way? Hmmm. I dunno, you arent a very good spokesperson for the religious.

I'm not a spokesperson. I'm only describing the religious. However, I've read a bit of what Jesus had to say, and while he usually said he'd rather have you on his side than against him, he also said he'd pit family members against each other if necessary.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

These quotes are on the surface pretty simple and damning, but as with almost everything in the bible, they are metaphorical and are meant to be understood in a broader context or on a deeper level.

People that take the bible literally are on the same level as those who think god is a dude in white robes, sitting pretty on a cloud somewhere......

Btw: for the record, I am not a Christian, don't plan on converting either, I personally do not like organized religion, but I think christs teachings are great once you get past the dogma surrounding them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

not very often that i read those words on this site!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jburg6
Christianity should not be mixed with politics. This is where atrocities start taking place. It is not a "worldly" institution like politics and government, but rather something not of this world. I believe all of the scenarios you mentioned (hating gays, starting wars, imposing your will on someone else, etc.) have caused a decline and/or hatred of Christianity due to the fact that people today continue to intertwine religion with politics.

I am devout christian and I agree that there is a certain time to talk about religion and a time where it is not.

Anyways yes your statement is very good, sometimes people dont understand many of things in Christianity and then they start to talk nonsense and mix it up with politix

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Religion, in my whole hearted opinion, "Religion is the great weapon of the Devil, who twists it to divide and conquer humanity. We must not allow the differences concerning religion turn us away from spirituality. We have been given the innate sense of right and wrong and are born knowing what we should and shouldn't do. We are measured by our hearts and actions, not whether or not we believe any Bible word for word." I have no idea who said that, but i found it one day. Couldn't the Devil easily say "believe in me, or you will go to hell, and if you try to stray away, you go to hell" He provides us with no evidence, and expects us to believe blindly? And call it faith? I don't know about you, but thats some thiiiinn wire. Id rather be the best I can without a religion, that be held to the standards of what we call perfection.

First, God is not worried about the world. He is in complete control. We sometimes perceive Him as being some sort of old man, hunkered down somewhere worrying about what man might do to his Kingdom. This is not accurate. God is in complete control. As such, we are to have faith in Him and trust Him, not ourselves. No Baptist or Methodist church will preach anything except faith and trust in God to rule His Kingdom with Glory and Honor.

God's greatest gripe has always been with believers. The evil in this world is judged. They have their reward here. Believers are not interested in receiving what this world has to offer. To say we are seeking any power here would be false. By false, I mean this: Only a false faith will seek and embrace the world. True faith seeks and embraces God only, in order to heal the world. We are the salt and the light.

If you want to see where your own heart should rest, read Malachi. This book compares our marriage between soul and the spirit of God as the "Wife of our youth." When we were children, our first love was for the spirit within and the relationship with our parents. This bond is a bond of three person. Father, Wife and Son. In life, our bond is God, Husband and Wife. There are three in the relationship if the relationship is a union of spiritual love in faith to the creator. This is what God intends.

Malachi 2

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer looks with favor on your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. 14 You ask, “Why?” It is because the LORD is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring.[d] So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,”[e] says the LORD Almighty.

By divorcing your spirit for the world, you commit adultery against God.

All of this symbolism also stands to speak to us in our own family when we bring foreign wives into the marriage. A foreign wife is anything that stands between the wife and the husband (spirit and soul). Read the rest of Malachi to understand. Then compare this to the nation of Israel. They are to be united with God only. They are also to deal kindly with other nations. The parallels are with us and the sacrifices we make at the alter of the family of God. We are the temple. Service to the spirit of God is healing the land. It also heals the land.

edit on 29-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join