It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Wiccans believe in?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I think Joecroft is asking what is the criteria to determine what you are worshiping is good and beneficial and not a evil entity posing as something good?

That is something also I would like to know. My brother says there are no such things as evil entities, and yet evil exists. But what is the criteria, there are no religious books that have a fundamental teaching as to whether or not you are worshiping Loki correctly other than stories of traditions of Scandinavians.

The fundamental difference in the Judeo-Christian faith and Wicca/Paganism is that Judeo/Christians believe that Yaweh (or Jehova if you prefer) actually designed the faith, created the religion and interacts at every moment with all of creation, not just those who believe in Him. We as Christians, base our learning first on what the Bible says, then, as in most religions, what the elders have taught us about the Bible. So JoeCroft is simply asking this from the perspective of what he has understood how religious thought is verified.

I think one would want to verify the roots of their faith, no matter what it is, and search for the truth if that faith is actually true. When a faith system bases their understanding and interpretation that a spiritual being gave them, what is to verify that spiritual being is honest and good? If they are not honest, they could be lying when they say they are not an evil entity. They could be lying when they say they are good. And this is the same thing many Wiccans and Pagans have asked Christians, how do we know God is true, how do we know God is good?

We have a Bible that is designed to answer those questions. God wants us to believe Him, and allows us to question Him at His claims. So we have a system of checks and balances to go by.

For instance, when people think the Bible is full of magical characters, and yet the Bible itself explicitly states we are not to practice magic, how do we verify Jesus was not practicing magic? He is very open when He says that we are not to follow signs and wonders, because signs and wonders will appear. We are to believe Him in faith beyond signs and wonders and miracles. We believe He is Lord over all creation, that time and space are subject to Him and that He is more than mere human as we are.

How does He verify this? He fulfills prophecy and not only does He fulfill prophecy but He is interactive with us beyond prophecy. We who have come to know Jesus have found Him in a very real way. We have had interactions that defy natural explanations. We have called on Him and He has appeared to us in a supernatural way...and not only that, sometimes naturally. There are those who have had experiences when we have known His presence. And what is the criteria to determine if it is Him? There are things He must have, first He must bring peace. Now some might say they all have some kind of peace when worshiping other faiths, but that peace surpasses all understanding and that peace occurs when He is there. That peace also must engender love, not erotic love, but love beyond anything we can understand. And that love must turn us to understanding how we must love and have compassion. And that love and compassion must lead us in a direction of seeking to do His will.

And last, we are born again. It is a life changing event and we know that our life is not the same as what it was before and we have found a new hope. But His presence and work in our life must be verified by what the Bible says, because He gave the Bible to us to understand Him by.

So I think JoeCroft wants to understand what verifies that whatever thing a Wiccan chooses to worship is true and is honest when leading you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

But if they don’t hold any beliefs, where do they think they are getting their power from, to do spells and cast magic etc…I mean you can’t just practice all those things, and have no beliefs about them, or where you think they might be coming from.

The true power comes from within, not from without. The only things I "practice" is being good to everyone, helping those in need, giving to the poor, and educating those who need it. There was a time when I performed rituals, and cast spells, and yes, they worked, but Karma attaches almost immediately.

But everyone has ideas, that doesn’t make them a Wiccan. I’m looking for some kind of distinguishing characteristic(s), which defines what Wicca is, and more importantly, why they believe in it.

I personally think the most distinguishing characteristic is walking through life without fear. Trying to define what Wiccan is and is not will only serve to confuse you. Wicca is a personal sort of Ideas that fit perfectly, like a favourite jacket. It fits me well, I can put it on, or take it off at will, and it would never fit you, or anyone else. Wicca is Dynamic in nature, never static.

You see, you said it yourself, “for lack of a better word”, so even you, are not entirely sure how best to define Wicca. In fact, it’s even possible that you are not a Wiccan lol Allow me to approach this from another angle. Imagine, for a moment, that I am an Atheist, who has no spiritual beliefs at all. And lets just say we are pretty close friends; During a conversation one night, you invite me to a Wicca event or meeting. I then turn to you; look you squarely in the eyes and ask you “ What is Wicca?” What are you going to say me, in reply?

I believe I already explained that? Wicca cannot be defined to suit the masses, that is why so many seek it. I would never invite you to a Wiccan meeting, as far as I know there is no such thing. I have some friends who are Atheist, and we do talk. We agree on some points, disagree on others. Just like any sort of friendship does. Ask me what is Wicca? I would offer you a book or two on the subject. We do not convert, no way, no how.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And this is the same thing many Wiccans and Pagans have asked Christians, how do we know God is true, how do we know God is good?

You make a very good point here. If God is all things, then God, by definition, is everything there is. Both good and evil. A true Duality. God does many evil things in the Bible, anyone who studies it can easily see that. This right here is why I do not follow the God of the Christians. This "God" is not the First Creator/ess, that is easy to see.

And last, we are born again.

We are all "born again," and again, and again, over and over and over until we get it right. I myself have clear memories of past lives, as do many others. The saying is a misnomer.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
I think Joecroft is asking what is the criteria to determine what you are worshiping is good and beneficial and not a evil entity posing as something good?

Thank you, yes, this is kind of where I’m going with this. I just want to people to try and see the bigger picture, of what it is, they are actually believing in.

The fundamental difference in the Judeo-Christian faith and Wicca/Paganism is that Judeo/Christians believe that Yaweh (or Jehova if you prefer) actually designed the faith, created the religion and interacts at every moment with all of creation, not just those who believe in Him. We as Christians, base our learning first on what the Bible says, then, as in most religions, what the elders have taught us about the Bible. So JoeCroft is simply asking this from the perspective of what he has understood how religious thought is verified.

Hey this is great, you’re like my own personal spokesperson lol and your getting it right, too boot. But yes, this is what I’m trying to focus on i.e. the structure of other religions (not just Christianity) when compared to Wicca.

I think one would want to verify the roots of their faith, no matter what it is, and search for the truth if that faith is actually true. When a faith system bases their understanding and interpretation that a spiritual being gave them, what is to verify that spiritual being is honest and good? If they are not honest, they could be lying when they say they are not an evil entity. They could be lying when they say they are good. And this is the same thing many Wiccans and Pagans have asked Christians, how do we know God is true, how do we know God is good?

Yes, again you have articulated this extremely well, and this is exactly what I want Wiccans to think about. I’m not expecting them to have all the answers, but to just try and look ahead and maybe give some kind of a reason, as to why they believe they have found the truth, whatever that truth might be.

For instance, when people think the Bible is full of magical characters, and yet the Bible itself explicitly states we are not to practice magic, how do we verify Jesus was not practicing magic?…

Jesus said that all his power and authority came from the Father, and everything he used that power for, was to do good things, like heal people and feed the hungry etc. But if a Wiccan is casting spells, and even if those spells are intended to do good, then I think people really need to question, (a) where it’s coming from? and (b) is it ethical to do so? As the saying goes “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”. And from my own perspective, I don’t know how people can just follow or believe these things, without looking into and considering the bigger spiritual and life aspects of it all.

How does He verify this? He fulfills prophecy and not only does He fulfill prophecy but He is interactive with us beyond prophecy. We who have come to know Jesus have found Him in a very real way. We have had interactions that defy natural explanations. We have called on Him and He has appeared to us in a supernatural way...and not only that, sometimes naturally…

This is an excellent point, because the bible and Jesus words actually tell us what a believer in Jesus will receive, when they come to believe in him. I had no religious upbringing whatsoever, and even now, I don’t below to any church denomination. Over the past three years I started to search for God, and began looking at Jesus words in the bible. I then had many spiritual experiences along the way, that I couldn’t explain, which eventually culminated in me coming to believing in Jesus. It had been on a long journey of discovery, and one night while I was reading the bible, I literally experienced rivers of water emanating from my midsection (belly) and throughout the rest of my whole body. This was just shortly after I began to believe in Jesus, and was something I had never experienced before. And at the time, I wasn’t even aware of the verse in the bible, John 7:39 which says, “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”. So here I had confirmation from Jesus himself, telling me what I would receive and how I would receive it, after coming to believe in him.

Of course this thread isn’t about my beliefs, but I do feel if going to question others about their beliefs, then I need to honest with them first.

- JC

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So I think JoeCroft wants to understand what verifies that whatever thing a Wiccan chooses to worship is true and is honest when leading you.

Exactly, how do they know what it is they believe in, to be true? And so far, no one has really been able to answer that question directly. It’s not even clear what Wicca is, and so far all of the answers have been rather vague. But in some way I don’t actually blame them, because I’ve read the wikipedia page, and I‘ve been to 2 other Wiccan sites and I’m still no further forward, to defining what the belief system actually is; all I have is a rough vague idea.

- JC

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wiccans may believe their powers are for good and that the spirits that they worship are good, but those spirits are deceiving them. The Bible teaches us that Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light (he is fooling people like Wiccans and deceiving them)

Wiccans, pagans, Satanists, Buddhists, etc all of these groups have something in common-- Lucifer. The remarkable thing is that many of these groups actually know him by "Lucifer" or some deriviative whether the horned god, Pan (the goat-foot god), Cernunnos, Dionysos, Osiris, Bacchus, etc. The horned god is a phallic (phallic refers to a man's poo-poo) deity of fertility. Why would people worship the devil? Because he offers what they like -- "DO WHAT THOU WILL shalt be the whole of the law".

Wiccans are modern day witches, a revival of neopaganism. They believe that can achieve spiritual enlightenment through witchcraft and other occult activity. They like to commit idolatry by worshipping multiple false deity's and communicate with a number of deceiving spirits.

Wiccans worship satan, (they refer to him as lucifer mind you). Many wiccans get recruited into satanism.

The Holy Bible strongly condemns Wicca and all manners of witchcraft and occultism. Don't believe the lie that there is such thing as a 'white witch'... this is clearly deception.

According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a good witch. In a day of relativism and deceit, we need to cling to the Bible, the word of God. It will keep us safe.

wiccan rede (motto/creed): "An' it harm none, DO WHAT THOU WILL."
satanic creed: "DO WHAT THOU WILL shall be the whole of the law"

It is the same thing. Do what you feel like doing. That will never work with God.

Here is the pentagram for witchcraft:

Here is the pentagram for Satanism:

It is the same thing, just upside down. In Satanism,
they will draw the horned god in this pentagram. The top two points represent his horns.

Notice the similarity's here between wicca and satanism? Wiccans believe the lies that their leaders have taught them. This should be no surprise because their father, the devil, is the "father of lies" (John 8:44). And because they have not received the love of the truth, the Lord has given them over to strong delusion that they should believe, and defend, lies.

Wicca adherents will also tell you over and over that Wicca is older than "Christianity" (not a Bible word). Witchcraft is not older than worship of the true God. It came up in OPPOSITION to the worship of the true God.

Nothing is older than the Kingdom of God. The eternal God is the Author and Finisher of His kingdom. Nothing predates Him. From the days of Adam through the present day.
edit on 28-11-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Can you show me proof that many Wiccans become Satanists? Just anything scientific or truthful that doesn't have a Christian bias will do.

And the reason there is similarities between Satanism and Paganism is because Satanism took some symbols and ideas from Paganism. Not the other way around. Christianity did exactly the same thing (death and resurrection God, Christmas, Easter, and so on).

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

Can you show me proof that many Wiccans become Satanists? Just anything scientific or truthful that doesn't have a Christian bias will do.

I have read death bed confession of a satanist that have said that they get alot of recruits from wicca. Anyway I provided enough information on wicca to the OP. I don't need to prove anything to you sir.

Christianity did exactly the same thing (death and resurrection God, Christmas, Easter, and so on).

More lies... spewing the old zeitguist rhetoric that's already been proven to be dishonest.

Please show me how a death and resurrection has ever happened in history before Jesus Christ.

The real reason wicca and Satanism have so many similarity's is because they worship the same thing and are apart of the same wicked system.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sir, I believe that in person you may be pretty abrasive, unfriendly and critical of those you meet, or the guy everyone views as crazy? Its just my feeling when I read your words. You sound so hateful, so antichristian in your thought process, un god like and hypocritical.
When I read your words it makes me feel sick, definitely not the kind of lovey dovey feelings one should get when a person is truly emanating Jesus' true purpose, and that is LOVE....that sir you do not project. You project hate and intolerance.

Just my opinion. And sorry I will NOT stick around to read any reply. If you truly think that because I choose free will I am a satanist, then so be it....whatever, you are too blind to have true discernment.

Blessed Be....In the name of the Goddess.....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

And the reason there is similarities between Satanism and Paganism is because Satanism took some symbols and ideas from Paganism. Not the other way around. Christianity did exactly the same thing (death and resurrection God, Christmas, Easter, and so on).

He will never show proof, because he cannot show proof...of anything he says.
(without posting Bible quotes)
All he says is what he was told by some man/woman who thought they know too, but in fact, they barely know their own book, much less the history and origins of the religions, and those who parcipated in strarting them. He quotes

He lives in a world filled with Church manufactured Demons and Satans, and know not what is it he prays to, and, and where his energy goes, and what is is used for. I know a lot of people like this, and in truth, I feel very sorry for them.
I would not be like this for any amount of power and money.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Keiju

Here is a suggestion. Tell me what you would do a spell for. Something you'd like to happen and I can write a spell for you. It would be more powerful if you did it for yourself but I can give you one that will work.

I'll try =]

I want to become a successful Forex trader, I will probably succeed anyway, but would not mind seeing what it is, to "do a spell"

Give me a day to work one out for you. I have to find out what a Forex trader is LOL. but once I do and if your motives are good ( they seem so since you are very confident about your sucess anyway) this will be powerful for you. Intentions are everything in spell work.

Eagerly awaiting your reply

If it helps at all Forex stand's for foreign exchange. As a Forex trader I would use one of many available software to place "trades", speculating on which currency will do better than another. Making money when I am correct on my speculation.

It is not gambling, and one can be successful after much study and practise.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Lets see, stories of death and rebirth:
The story of Persephone going into the underground with Hades and then returning for the spring and summer....That is indeed a typical story of death and rebirth before Christ...Oh Here is a BIGGY: Osiris in Egypt is another.....

as Osiris rose from the dead they would, in union with him, inherit eternal life through a process of imitative magic.
en.wikipedia.org...

And there are many more stories of death and rebirth prior to Christianity...You just have to do research on ancient religions prior to Constantine.....By refusing to show your research when another member asks about it is not only rude, but shows your character and inability to back up your arguments. You are beginning to catch up to your reputation which is diminishing greatly due to your refusal to answer ATS members questions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Originally posted by Joecroft
But everyone has ideas, that doesn’t make them a Wiccan. I’m looking for some kind of distinguishing characteristic(s), which defines what Wicca is, and more importantly, why they believe in it.

Originally posted by autowrench
I personally think the most distinguishing characteristic is walking through life without fear. Trying to define what Wiccan is and is not will only serve to confuse you. Wicca is a personal sort of Ideas that fit perfectly, like a favourite jacket. It fits me well, I can put it on, or take it off at will, and it would never fit you, or anyone else. Wicca is Dynamic in nature, never static.

Yes, but what is the jacket that you are wearing, assuming that you are of course a Wiccan. And just to refresh your memory from your previous post below, this is what you said…

I only call myself a Wiccan for lack of a better word.

Which seems to suggest that you’re not even sure whether you’re a Wiccan or not!

Originally posted by Joecroft
You see, you said it yourself, “for lack of a better word”, so even you, are not entirely sure how best to define Wicca. In fact, it’s even possible that you are not a Wiccan lol Allow me to approach this from another angle. Imagine, for a moment, that I am an Atheist, who has no spiritual beliefs at all. And lets just say we are pretty close friends; During a conversation one night, you invite me to a Wicca event or meeting. I then turn to you; look you squarely in the eyes and ask you “ What is Wicca?” What are you going to say me, in reply?

I believe I already explained that?

You have explained nothing!

All you did was give me a link to a website. If you are truly a Wiccan, then you should be able to give at least a 5 paragraph sentence, describing what the religion of Wicca actually is. For example, I can outline the core tenants of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and many other religions.

Wicca cannot be defined to suit the masses, that is why so many seek it.

But what is it they are seeking, if the religion cannot be defined!

I cannot speak for all, but here are my own thoughts on the matter. Wiccans do not have "beliefs." Beliefs cannot ever change, they are, in effect, set into stone.

Well this is what you say, but you also said the following…

The true power comes from within, not from without.

Is your above statement, part of the Wicca belief system?

Wiccans on the other hand have Ideas. Ideas can, and do change all the time.
As for why I am what I am, blame my DNA and Genealogy for that. My mission, like many others in here, is to awaken humankind to everything. Some are eager to learn, others are so brainwashed they refuse to learn. I only call myself a Wiccan for lack of a better word.

Yes people’s ideas change even within religions but the core tenants within them don’t change. The question I have been asking throughout this thread, is what are the core tenants of the belief system of Wicca. And so far, no one has been able to give me satisfactory answer to that question.

I would never invite you to a Wiccan meeting, as far as I know there is no such thing. I have some friends who are Atheist, and we do talk. We agree on some points, disagree on others. Just like any sort of friendship does. Ask me what is Wicca? I would offer you a book or two on the subject. We do not convert, no way, no how.

Well, I wasn’t looking or even asking to be converted (I don’t even know what I would be converting too lol). I just wanted someone, anyone in fact, to some up the belief of Wicca; through maybe a short paragraph of about 5 to 6 lines of text. It seems that not even one person can do that!

- JC

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 16-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: too off topic...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Christianity did exactly the same thing (death and resurrection God, Christmas, Easter, and so on).

Actually what we believe in is based on a true person, whom we believe to be the physical incarnation of our Elohim, his veritable "right arm". All those other stories were just stories, made up mythologies, but archeaology is proving the Holy Bible accurate. Even the tombs of many of the Apostles of Jesus have been found with his Aramaic name Yeshua carved into their ossuaries with crosses etched into the lids and for jews, they would not have believed if they had not seen, they required signs to believe and you'd have a pretty tough time telling people written of in the new testament, whose tombs have been found and walked with Christ, that what they believed in was just a myth.

One day his resurrection will be proved when he arrives at the Mt. of Olives as he promised, and then there will be no denial for the world any longer, because that day is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. We are living in prophecy right now and i can show you some that have recently come to pass.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If you want a blanket statement on what Wicca is then you are never going to get it. Both Wicca and Paganism as a whole is very personal to the individual. You will have people who believe deities are real, those who just see certain aspects within themselves and draw on a particular strength/aspect of the God/Goddess they wish to focus on or some that are to all intents and purpose virtually atheist yet have a healthy respect for nature and balance.

Not all Wiccans bother with any sort of spell casting or divination, some just go with the flow of their inner divinity. You don't really have to if you see the magic and beauty of life everywhere you know?.

The latest one that kinda knocked my socks off was the discovery of the Christian Pagan/Wiccan. At first glance it puzzled me, but drawing on the strengths of what they feel comfortable with and regarding Mary as a Goddess really shouldn't surprise anyone.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It is not any different then believing in saints.

Need motherly intervention? you pray to Mary.

You need help with patience, you ask Saint Whoever for help with patience.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Unlike Christianity, Pagans and Wiccans don't recruit. You find the religion, the religion doesn't find you. No one is going to give you religious secrets unless they know you in person and judge you to be valid.

Besides, like any religion, people study for years, it is hard to explain in a thread without putting you to sleep.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

We believe that the consciousness of creation resides in every thing in the natural world. We have several Gods and Godesses as Wicca in this day and age embodies many of the old relegions. We believe that we have the power to manipulate matter and we believe that we are entitled to manipulate matter as long as it does no harm to any person or thing. Most believe in reincarnation or some kind of continuance after this life is over. Nut shell . Too much to put in a post on a forum.

Hear, Hear! Greetings and salutations, fellow Wiccan!
May I add?
I have been a Wiccan for many years, more than 30. I have seen it all, from wannbee witches ripe with jewellery and garb, to full fledged Mystics, Sages, and High Magick Practitioners and all things in between. Wicca has no book of rules, and no Ultimate Author of Evil, as a matter of fact, some of our own Gods and Goddesses are mean enough, we do not need to create one. Doubt me? Kali

Wiccans have but one rule, and it must be followed at all times, no exceptions whatsoever: "As It Harm None, Do As Thou Wilt." Do anything you wish, as long as no one person is harmed in any way. Curses are out. Spells of retribution are out. Evil is in the heart of the practitioner, so if evil intent is combined in the Magick, then the Magick become Dark. We abide by the Law of Karmic Effect, whatever one sends out returns three times to visit, each time getting worse that the previous. I know of this from experience, and one bad spell cost me $10 grand, a new modular home, and a wife of 29 years.

To be a Wiccan/Witch, one needs to study. Everything. For one year and one day. In this way one learns the ways of the Craft of the Wise, and learns the difference between good and evil as it pertains to Magick. They will learn healing techniques, but for self, and others. Their physic powers will be enhanced. The power of the witch comes from within. This is what we call the Force. A group gathers in a cast circle, which is sealed against anything without, and all power raised is sealed within. As the power raises through chants, or drum beats, or whatever medium is used, at a certain point it is released into the Ether, with the full intent of all present.
Churches do a much lessor power raising ritual, and the building contains the power. Not the same as being outside, and being near the Father and Mother, feeling Her power on your bare feet. I have seen people levitate off the ground, and have seen people glow with pure light.

This is Wicca to me, of course, we are many, and we are diversified, ask 10 Wiccans a question, you may get 9 different answers. As a Wiccan to name their God or Goddess, they will, and it may be one of thousands of names throughout history. I rather like Odin, Diana and myself, but am also quite partial to Aphrodite, Aradia, Athena, and Kwan Yin. Oh, those are all mythical beings, you say? Examined your of late, have you?

To this Wiccan there are but two (2) kinds of people in the world, only two, no other choice, no grey areas. You will either serve your own self, or you will serve others. I can get a read on this within 5 minutes of talking to a person, or as much time reading a person on the Internet. Many people in ATS are in service to others, myself inclusive. But there are those who serve only their own interests, and you all know them too. We are known not for our religion, or face, but by our deeds.

Sorry I went so long, as karen61057 said, it is just too much to post in a forum. Try here for more information:
witchvox.com...
Scroll down, and take your time, it is a big site.
wiccanspace.com...
Like FB, only Wiccan.
www.wiccantogether.com...
Online community.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Exactly, how do they know what it is they believe in, to be true? And so far, no one has really been able to answer that question directly. It’s not even clear what Wicca is, and so far all of the answers have been rather vague. But in some way I don’t actually blame them, because I’ve read the wikipedia page, and I‘ve been to 2 other Wiccan sites and I’m still no further forward, to defining what the belief system actually is; all I have is a rough vague idea.

That's all WarminIndy has, too, a rough, vague idea.
Wicca is a neo-Pagan Earth religion, based on pre-Christian beliefs that the elements, and all creatures, have energies that can be manipulated, or "orchestrated" to achieve specific goals.

A "ritual" can be held by a group, dancing and building up energy, and then "releasing" that gathered cumulative energy and sending it to its intended recipient. (Like it is said that prayer works for healing illness). Or it can be energy work, such as watching the full-moon rise, and absorbing power from it (a spine-tingling experience) and sharing it with the others (this I did with my kids when they were little).

It can be a completely individual ritual as well, a simple gazing into a fire, and musing on its elemental fire. Other tools used are incense, incantations, scrying (looking into water), crystals, cauldrons, and a cleansed sacred space into which the elements are asked to come.

It can be herbal practice - using herbs, each of which has properties, colors, powers...or candles....or twigs...or anything that is natural. Wiccans believe in the balance of masculine/feminine. The moon represents the Goddess, the mother.

It's been a while since I got my certification (about twenty years now). Many Wiccans are solo practitioners, and it is perfectly fine to come up with one's own rituals and spells (although there are "spell books" for those whose knowledge of particular elements is not yet memorized). My style was to blend Native American shamanism and Celtic Wicca; and it worked for me.

Wicca is not so much "worship" as it is "working with" and "revering" the unseen forces, and the creators, the Deities, the God and the Goddess.

The first and only actual RULE: As long as it harms none, do as you will.

Wiccans believe that anything harmful they do will come back on them multiple times over (karma), and they do NOT work with evil entities, demons, or satan. That is all NOT WICCA.

So no, Wiccans are not working with evil. They are harnessing power and sending or bending it to achieve good. Anything else and they are not Wiccans. Wiccans do not believe in hell, or Satan (Satan is an invention of Christians), nor demonic possession, nor any of that. Yes, evil exists in the world, but it is not coming from Wiccans, nor does it have anything to do with them.

They also keep to themselves, many are solitary practitioners, but there are groups that get together from time to time, and there are also covens (smaller groups with a high priestess and sometimes a priest as well - I have some experience with covens, and they are not my cup of tea). It is a very fluid practice, and very much bound to Earth and her beauty and power.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join