It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Actually its their religious books which are bigoted, here is some examples from the 5 minutes of my time I will allow for a response, these pertaining to Jews and Catholics. I will leave Muslims out of this for the time being since their faith is based on the flawed beliefs of those before them. Lets not even get into the fringe groups and various cults. Did you know there are approx 33,820 denominations of Christianity, so in effect 33,819 must be wrong? God must be so pleased lol

A few points... one being that two wrongs still don't make a right so, just because you claim fault elsewhere, it doesn't relieve you of your bigotry. If you want to war on religion, that's your choice. Waste your life as you choose. Also, just because you choose to believe/disbelieve something, doesn't make it a requirement for everyone else.

Finally, quoting Mark Twain, denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

It is, in fact, a time-honored way to chew the shoe leather. Enjoy the flavor.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

They also tell you that if you happen to go to their services every week and give them money, you'll go to heaven.

I was reading an article about Nigerian TV evangelists, the list of the top ten wealthiest ones.

This dude was worth $250 MILLION Dollars!!

Church = Scam as far as I'm concerned.

Today's Church is as far from what Jesus was talking about as you can actually get.

Be a Christian if you want, love thy neighbour for sure, follow the commandments, cool. But the Church, pure evil IMO.

I respect your right to believe as you choose. I would merely suggest that judging the many from the acts of a few is a pretty stupid mistake. When we neglect to follow the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to judge from the content of character rather than something as shallow as skin color, or religion, then we lower ourselves to the place where we find company with racists and bigots.

It's our choice to make... but if we fail the test, we too shall be judged by everyone else.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You are correct 2 wrongs dont make a right and being wrong will never make you right. Orgnised religion is a scam, it is wrong and will never be right. Tolerance and equality is required for all humanity and unfortunately it is organised religion stuck in their bigotted, racist old testament/dark ages frame of mind which is preventing this.

People have tried being tolerant, we allow them to practise their faith but stuff like this keeps happening. Child abuse keeps happening. Insular religious "communities" keep cropping up in the US with a sole objective of sending all us sinners to hell in a hail of bullets. Muslim communities are popping up in the UK and refusing to obey the law of the land. This is wrong and these people are all wrong,they are not better than other people because of their (faith) willingness to believe in stories.

The popes personal bible is from the 9th century (dark ages) and lets face it the Catholic/Christian church has only reformed in order to still exist otherwise gays would still be going to hell and contraception would still be banned in Africa on religious grounds, though they still havent fully approved their use have they? Great folks them religious leaders, more like death merchants.

Thankfully they are becoming more and more insignificant by the day. The truth sometimes hurts but it also sets us free, but like you said you can make your own mind up. I have certainly made up mine. Try and see the bigger picture though...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You beat me to it... i just saw this on skynews!

This is very bad if you ask me.... those sufferers once told they were free of the disease could have easily gone on to pass it to others just because someone in a Church told them that they were cured!!

Goes to show how easy it is for a persons brain to be manipulated and hypnotised to believe this rubbish!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
every person wants to believe something for their own reasons, thats why most of us are here- we believe something that many people do not.

I believe that time has come in society to clamp down on establishments that practice these type of things. We live in a world where proof is needed for us to believe things, which obv is the best way to go about things. . But we still let these religious establishment practice utter s^&t like this.

The women in the video is either mentally i'll or she is deliberately lying to people, not caring that they will spread the disease thinking their cured. If she is not mental, she should go to prison and so should her little cronies

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Miracle healing does still happen but the instances are rare. The Holy Spirit can heal anything if he is the one doing the healing. He uses tools to work through, which are the true believers of the Messiah and it is for his glory.

Technically the people were healed of their afflictions. Death is the ultimate cure. Now their old bodies can return to the dust and they can get new bodies that can never die or grow old or get sick. They get spiritual bodies.

In that repect they were cured. We will all be cured of this life, because were all going to die. Not a one of us is making it out of this prison "alive".

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
it's not the church's fault people are stupid enough to fall for this.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
it's not the church's fault people are stupid enough to fall for this.

Really? That would be like saying that a con artist isn't to blame, because the marks are stupid enough to fall for the scam. These misguided victims put their faith and trust blindly in these so called "leaders", only to have them betray that trust with false claims in an immoral attempt to further their own selfish goals and ideology. I say put these fakes to the ultimate test. After the so called "healing" these false prophets should be required to prove thier claims and the extent of thier own faith by accepting a blood transfusion from the unfortunate people they claim to heal. Then we will see how much faith these scammers have in their ability to heal people of real medical issues with their BS song and dance routine. Interesting how the usual bible brigade hasn't stepped forward to defend these morons. I suppose they have enough sense to stay clear of this one.

Personally I think this is grossly irresponsibe and Blatantly criminal at best.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The cult these people were going to were most definitely a scam for money, BUT, the whole stop taking your meds for AIDS is most assuredly true. AIDS is not a disease, and people DO NOT die from being HIV positive. AIDS, along with many treatments for cancer, are a sick money making joke that has plagued our world for more than 30 years now.

Do a little study on AIDS and you will be shocked by what you find. Start here if you so choose:
Great Documentary on AIDS
edit on 26-11-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I don't blame religion, i blame stupid people.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
I don't blame religion, i blame stupid people.

I fail to see the difference.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well this will certainly not be most popular response but I honestly feel that if someone is so stuck in the dark ages that they still believe there is a sky daddy that will cure them, and so they die because of that belief then they just got what they deserved.

I have no sympathy for anyone who would stop taking their meds because some snake oil salesman thumping an outdated story book tells them they are healed. My only concern would be for any poor people that may have been infected by them before they died.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join