It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think this another example, out of many that show how religion is now nothing but a tool of manipulation. Its nothing but evil what these people are doing

At least six people have died in Britain after being told they had been healed of HIV and could stop taking their medication, Sky News has discovered. There is evidence evangelical churches in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow are claiming to cure HIV through God. Sky sent three undercover reporters to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), which is based in Southwark, south London. All of them told the pastors they were HIV positive - all were told they could be healed.

At registration, they have to hand over a doctor's letter as evidence of their condition.
They are filmed giving before and after testimonies, which are put on SCOAN's website.

The "healing" involves the pastor shouting at the person being "healed" for the "devil" to come out of their body, while spraying water in their face. . . You would think such a process would require something allot more than shouting and water, probably tap water. .

One of the pastors, Rachel Holmes, told Sky's reporter Shatila, who is a genuine HIV sufferer, they had a 100% success rate. Ms Holmes said: "We have many people that contract HIV. All are healed."
She said, if symptoms such as vomiting or diarrhoea persist, it is actually a sign of the virus leaving the body.
"We've had people come back before saying, 'Oh, I'm not healed. The diarrhoea I had when I had HIV, I've got it again,'" Ms Holmes said. . . "I have to stop them and say, 'No, please, you are free.'"
Source

This woman and her little gang who are exploiting vulnerable people need to be locked up and set an example of. I highly doubt she has any knowledge of the any of the illnesses she is claiming to cure.

I hope these practices sees to exist as soon as possible. Im skeptic of self healing, but this is just exploiting, and many religious places practice this. . Need to stop!!

edit on 25-11-2011 by n00bUK because: spelling

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 27/11/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
TV preachers have convinced my Grandmother to quit taking her Alzheimer's medication... on the plus side, she's now too senile to know what they're talking about anymore.

A church in Texas convinced a dear friend of mine to quit taking her anti-depressants and all treatments for a serious illness - so that she became ill to a life threatening degree and too depressed to care.

I think this should be a prosecutable crime in the USA, personally.

link   
Haha and I wonder who would be blamed if these people went out and infected other people? Probably not the church. This religious immunity to action against crimes needs to end.
What a joke, how could people believe that?

link   
Note that the people who do this are not HIV+ themselves.. but poor excuses for a human beings...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

disgusting, lock them all up

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Derren Brown - Miracles for Sale; Brilliant to watch.

These people are ruining lives, and sometimes killing them, just for more followers and more money. More followers also turns into more money as well.

Indirectly it may be, but it's still essentially murdering for profit, and still exploitative of those with lesser issues. Pure Avarice, these people are truly scum.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Murderers... I guess they deserve to die if they I choose to believe that ʇıɥsןןnq though. I wish I could believe in freedumb of religion, but I can't. It should be freedom FROM religion. No way to evolve as a species otherwise.

edit on 25/11/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

This woman and her little gang who are exploiting vulnerable people need to be locked up and set an example of. I highly doubt she has any knowledge of the any of the illnesses she is claiming to cure.

I hope these practices sees to exist as soon as possible. Im skeptic of self healing, but this is just exploiting, and many religious places practice this. . Need to stop!!

While I think what these people are doing is truly horrendous, and they need to be held accountable, keep in mind that the people who believe in them are partially to blame as well. They may be vulnerable but they can still make up thier own minds.

Some personal accountability needs to take place here on the part of the HIV patients. Nobody is forcing them to believe this crap.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
PRAISE THE LORD!!! So they should I mean we've all seen the preachers who heal people on TV right? They make crippled peaple WALK AGAIN!!! WOWZERS!!!

Sarcasm Mode Disengage

Now this is disgusting. I wish the government would say You can't practice religion without proof. As soon as you have proof you can go back to your invisible friend. It does make me wonder though about the TV preacher weirdos if they truely DO have that ability why not go to Africa and save some lives there? Here's an even CRAZIER idea, go there with the money that scam artist preacher took when he said the end of the world would happen.... TWICE!!!!

If these people are dumb enough to follow a book from 2000 years ago they are dumb enough to spit evil crap like this.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
All religion needs abolished, hopefully this will be the case soon when WW3 kicks off and NWO take over, I used to oppose them but now I am quite for it. Its a shame so many will die but frankly when you see what were up against there is no other way. The lunatics need to be dealt with one way or another. Too many dangerous fanatics, even in the main stream. Freedom should not equate freedom to preach hatred, downright lies, form isolated communities or mess with peoples medical attention. I hope those responsible get jailed for a long time. I know they wont. Longer term I hope they become a mere memory of a dark time in the grand scheme of things along with all other religions, progress does not need fairy stories from the past. Frankly culling the human heard seems more sensible every time I read about any of these religious nut jobs.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
lol waiting for pro-religion members to defend.

/waiting..

*if you want to believe in a 'god'/'creator' go do it by yourself, don't need to join an organized club and follow their rules. Does 'god' even say that you have to follow someone(pastor etc) or go to a holy place(church/mosque/temple)?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment

We really do tend to wash the boundaries when approaching a subject like this.

For instance, a person leads someone to make a terrible mistake that costs them their lives. But because that person (leader) is associated with a faith/religion or a particular political slant, we immediately stereotype everyone else who is associated with the same.

For some reason, we get seriously lost when applying responsibility to the individual. perhaps it is because we feel safer in a group and thus, also apply this to others. We may know, either instinctively or subconsciously (or both) that the old saying about judge not lest we be judged, holds some degree of validity. So, by spreading the blame around, we fell safer in return.

Faith is foremostly - and finally - a very personal choice. We ourselves weigh the value of belief... of accepting whatever we choose to accept, and therefore, also, whatever good or bad that comes from it. In moments of desperation, we may make a mistake and ally ourselves with something or someone not worthy of our trust and devotion. This happens all the time in marriage/relationships so... it's not like we're inexperienced in this area.

The responsibility, in the case mentioned here, is shared between the person who fosters false hope, as well as those who foolishly accept that falsity as being worthy of that trust. Everything and everyone else by way of simple association alone, should be extracted.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Nobody even said god was a man!! lol he could be a big ass stake for all we know. Mmmmmm I'd follow that church and i'd be LOVING IT.

As you said I can't WAIT for the religious loonies coming in to defend this tripe.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Indirectly, those church leaders are murderers for doing what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If a medical professional were to tell you the same thing, they would be sued and lose their job... however, religious loonies... ummm... nothing.

If anyone dies from taking this advice, said religious nuts should be jailed for manslaughter.

IRM
edit on 25/11/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yeah a personal choice made to avoid eternal damnation,control via fear. This is the war on terror, organised religion is the enemy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
reply to post by redoubt

Yeah a personal choice made to avoid eternal damnation,control via fear. This is the war on terror, organised religion is the enemy.

This kind of stereotyping is really no different than those others we most often describe as bigotry and racism. You judge the whole by the lowest common denominator, Examples: If a few Muslims commit terrorist acts, all Muslims are terrorists. If a few men mistreat their wives, all men are pigs.

So, if one preacher or even a number of them do things like that mentioned in the OP, they are therefore all evil and there is now a war on anyone of faith.

Simple, effective but absolutely as primitive ignorant as anything within the human condition.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Actually its their religious books which are bigoted, here is some examples from the 5 minutes of my time I will allow for a response, these pertaining to Jews and Catholics. I will leave Muslims out of this for the time being since their faith is based on the flawed beliefs of those before them. Lets not even get into the fringe groups and various cults. Did you know there are approx 33,820 denominations of Christianity, so in effect 33,819 must be wrong? God must be so pleased lol

Jewish
Libbre David 37

A Jew should and must make a false oath when the Goyim asks if our books contain anything against them.

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 156

If it can be proven that someone has given the money of Israelites to the Goyim, a way must be found after prudent consideration to wipe him off the face of the earth.

Catholic
"[The Jews] both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets,and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men." 1 Thessalonians 2:15

"Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

1 Timothy 2:15 says only women who have children will be spared hell

Men are worth more than women - Leviticus 27:1-7 actually provides dollar comparisons!

So whos the bigot? Someone against religious bigotry or someone who advocates the oppression of others, such as your religious leaders/holy books?

Religion is being attacked from all angles today in the media and rightly so. When the time comes the majority of people alive will opt for more modern views which condemn religion and its associated hatred to history in preference of a more equal tolerant world. No right minded person is going to give their life for a fable. The religious nutcases can board themselves up and enjoy their last stand.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They also tell you that if you happen to go to their services every week and give them money, you'll go to heaven.

I was reading an article about Nigerian TV evangelists, the list of the top ten wealthiest ones.

This dude was worth $250 MILLION Dollars!!

Church = Scam as far as I'm concerned.

Today's Church is as far from what Jesus was talking about as you can actually get.

Be a Christian if you want, love thy neighbour for sure, follow the commandments, cool. But the Church, pure evil IMO.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
double post
edit on 25-11-2011 by kiwifoot because: double post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join