It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Nereus Crater Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, here goes for my first OP thread here! I did commit last night in another forum thread that for my first post here, I would present a reptilian-looking anomaly. Sooooo, here goes.

I have been researching the Mars Rover Opportunity Sol day 2010 photos, which are taken at the Nereus Crater, which is a severely disturbed area, with ejecta. There are a number of interesting anomalies there, and I will post them all in this thread, one at a time.

Starting with the reptilian-looking anomaly - while it is in the Mars Rover pics, you can’t see much of it, because it is under large stone-looking material. I believe that this is possibly either a monument/memorial place, or maybe a burial area. We can’t know whether this reptilian anomaly is a statue object, or is a cadaver body.

To describe what we can see of the reptilian in the photo:

We can see a portion of the reptilian’s head, his left shoulder, a little of his chest, his rather long left arm, which is more flat than round, “two fingers”(??), and just maybe a strange looking foot.
Unfortunately, we cannot see any facial features.
There are lighter strip pieces on the reptilian’s left upper chest area.
The reptilian-looking anomaly is a dark color, almost black.
His head, arm and body all have the same very thick lumpy reptilian-looking skin appearance.
A piece/object that is in the lower left of the screenshot could be (I said “could be”) the reptilian’s foot.The top area of the “foot” is similarly dark, with a lighter area at the toe-end of the “foot”.

Maybe as significant as just the reptilian, is a small metal-looking object that covers the reptilians left hand. This piece is obviously an object of “intelligent design”.
It looks like a metal plaque, or maybe a small shield-shaped piece.
There are very obvious symbols inscribed on the “face” of this plaque/shield - one of the symbols looks like a number/”2”, another looks like a letter/“W”, and then there are dark star/dot features across the upper area of the plaque/shield.

This small metal-looking plaque/shield literally screams out “intelligent design”, right here on Mars, and portends all that goes with that - ie a civilized race of people, aliens or otherwise. Also, because the small plaque/shield is attached to the reptilian’s wrist, I would lean toward thinking the reptilian is a burial cadaver, rather than a statue.

In my personal opinion, this reptilian is in a very disturbed burial site - disturbed by whatever made the impact crater. Of course, we don’t know what the presence of the reptilian means - Where did he come from? Did he live and die on Mars? Is he an alien that came to Mars for whatever reason? Or, was the reptilian brought here just for burial?

I will post screenshots, and links to the Rover Opportunity Sol day 2010 photos.

I certainly encourage you to comment on what you see and think! I will look forward to your comments.

marsrover.nasa.gov...

www.nivnac.co.uk...
edit on 23-11-2011 by rdunk because: Edit to correct links

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Damn...didnt see what the hell you were showing us at first but then I saw it. Weird as hell. It sure looks to me like someone laying face down. Nice job.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I sort of see it,where is the head/ face supposed to be though?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If I use my imagination then I can clearly see what you are showing here, but therein lies my problem with this. I have to use my imagination. Had you not circled the areas of interest then I don't think I would have noticed that these were "anomalies". In my opinion I don't believe that these "anomalies are any different then those I see in clouds, and rocks here on Earth. I freely admit that once you pointed the areas out with your circles I can see the hands, feet, claws and shield.

I should also point out that this anomaly is definitely the strangest one I have seen post on ATF.
edit on 11/23/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To me it looks like it's covered mostly by a rock, except for the upper back area and head. The arm and the shield type object is very interesting, it looks metallic in the upper left hand corner of the circular shield...you can kind of see a glint of light. Very interesting find, in my opinion.

Edit: Also, it looks like the upper back area had been photoshopped or something... Looks like someone tried to blend the rock in with the object. Possible trying to cover it up? My personal thought.
edit on 23-11-2011 by chudek because: Added more information.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
"Is this a foot?" nope, that's a rock.

Another tick in the "Pareidolia" box I'd say unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Thanks HawkeyeNation!! No, it is not really easy to see! It is so covered by the rock stuff. But that little metal-looking piece is very visible!

Can't see it as we would like, but it sure is an interesting anomaly!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
I sort of see it,where is the head/ face supposed to be though?

Hi Paperface! The "head" is at the far right of the photo, just out from under the rock covering. It is solid black, just below it is a shoulder, and the arm comes down from the shoulder and the arm is more flat than round. You can just see two pointy fingers/claws from under the little metal-looking object on top of the "hand".

Hope this helps!!!
edit on 24-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
If I use my imagination then I can clearly see what you are showing here, but therein lies my problem with this. I have to use my imagination. Had you not circled the areas of interest then I don't think I would have noticed that these were "anomalies". In my opinion I don't believe that these "anomalies are any different then those I see in clouds, and rocks here on Earth. I freely admit that once you pointed the areas out with your circles I can see the hands, feet, claws and shield.

I should also point out that this anomaly is definitely the strangest one I have seen post on ATF.
edit on 11/23/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

................................................................................................
Hey VeniVidi, I fully understand what you are saying. There are definitely some rocks in the picture, but, in this case, two very strange anomalies are right there in the pic too. One is the small shield-looking piece, with the obvious symbols etched/painted into it, and the other is the reptilian-looking feature, only partially visible.

I knew this would be a tough one, just because what it depicts - the reptilian - is way outside any common experience for most of us, if not all of us. Very strange!!!

And, while they really are there in the pic, that sure doesn't mean everyone will be able to see them. One thing is, when we identify something in a cloud, or in a piece of toast, we do still know it really is still just a cloud, or is still just a piece of toast. That is not real misidentification.

VeniVidi, I do appreciate all of your comments, and particularly appreciate your saying, "I freely admit that once you pointed the areas out with your circles I can see the hands, feet, claws and shield". That helps me a lot, as a poster.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

+1. This one borders on the ridiculous.
Seriously.

Sometimes a rock is just a rock.
There are rocks here on earth that look like faces if you take them on the right angle, too... but at the end of the day, they're still rocks... not reptilians.

I'm not even against the "there used to be life on mars" theory, but in terms of evidence... wow, this one's weak.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Qumulys, thanks for your comment. You sure may be right about that "foot" not being a foot. I would say the pareidolia process may not apply to this "foot" simply because it doesn't even look like any foot I have ever seen before. So, I think my brain would be "On idle" while I look at the foot!

I just thought the features of this seemed to possibly match the look of the rest of the reptilian, and where it is located, down from the upper body, it just could be a solid toed foot of sorts?????

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

+1. This one borders on the ridiculous.
Seriously.

Sometimes a rock is just a rock.
There are rocks here on earth that look like faces if you take them on the right angle, too... but at the end of the day, they're still rocks... not reptilians.

I'm not even against the "there used to be life on mars" theory, but in terms of evidence... wow, this one's weak.

Hello Awen! I do appreciate your comments, even if you don't see what I see here. Yes, angles do make a dfference, and I sure do wish we had a "say-so" on how the pics for this anomaly were taken!

But, for me, what I described is what I see. Awen, do you have any comment on the small plaque/shield feature that is very visible on top of the reptilian's hand? Can you see the symbols on it?

I really am sorry that you can't see the reptilian-looking feature!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chudek
To me it looks like it's covered mostly by a rock, except for the upper back area and head. The arm and the shield type object is very interesting, it looks metallic in the upper left hand corner of the circular shield...you can kind of see a glint of light. Very interesting find, in my opinion.

Edit: Also, it looks like the upper back area had been photoshopped or something... Looks like someone tried to blend the rock in with the object. Possible trying to cover it up? My personal thought.
edit on 23-11-2011 by chudek because: Added more information.

chudek, you have it just right, and then some!! I congratulate you for being able to "connect the dots", and see it for what it is! Thanks for your comments. I do agree that the stone looking stuff on top of the reptilian-looking object looks like it could be photo tampering. That has been my thought since I first found this, but just chose not to mention it in the OP. Of course, the next question would be, "well if they tampered with it, then why did they leave anything showing"??
And I would say "who knows"!

edit on 24-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
All - please notice that both of that the screenshots in the OP are wider than this forum will static display. So there is a sliding horizontal bar at the bottom of each screenshot that is to be used to view the entire picture. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the OP.

Hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Troll? Come onnnn you can't possible think that resembles a foot in any shape or way. Please get your eyes tested at your local optometrist.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pareidolia is the wrong approach for looking at signs of past life on Mars because in time things aren't going to be recognizable and any structure would be long decayed from various means, and present life on Mars is simply out of the question.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
Troll? Come onnnn you can't possible think that resembles a foot in any shape or way. Please get your eyes tested at your local optometrist.

Do you happen to know what any alien's foot might look like, especially a reptilian's"? I certainly don't particularly expect an alien's foot to look like ours. with one big toe, and four smaller ones!

An open mind is required anytime we start thinking anything "alien, don't you think? I do appreciate your comments, but my eyes are just fine!
)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I looks like it could be a giant turtle like we have in our oceans now. Flippers I think I can see, but that plate like object near the end of that looks artificial in nature. Good find even if there are no archeologists to back you up. Maybe it is natural to say Mars was a habitat for life just like Earth at one time after all. Especially, when you see something that looks like petrified remains or rocks that remind you of similar remains seen here showing up in these pics. Even if it is just a rock it looks like a reptile when compared to life on our planet. I am not a archeologist but I do work as an environmental chemist with a double major in biology too that I rarely get to use but still love pursuit of the information. Star and flag OP.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Justoneman because: Editor asleep at the wheel

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Pareidolia is the wrong approach for looking at signs of past life on Mars because in time things aren't going to be recognizable and any structure would be long decayed from various means, and present life on Mars is simply out of the question.

Hi Illustronic! Thanks for the comment! I suppose that means you see nothing here!! Not even the very obvious small metal-looking object, with the symbols, on the reptilian-looking anomaly's wrist"???

By the way, pareidolia is not an "approach". Rather it is a feature of normal brain function that allows us to recognize everything our eyes have shown/taught us, including family/people face recognition. Anyone who doesn't have that brain function would certainly be under considerable handicap.

Regarding the surface decay on Mars, it is actually pretty obvious from the Rover and Mars Orbiter pics that while the sand does look "blown around", there is a lot of other "stuff" that still looks pretty "unnatural", even though having been there over some amount of time (like the features noted in this OP) .

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk

Originally posted by Illustronic

Hi Illustronic! Thanks for the comment! I suppose that means you see nothing here!! Not even the very obvious small metal-looking object, with the symbols, on the reptilian-looking anomaly's wrist"???

By the way, pareidolia is not an "approach". Rather it is a feature of normal brain function that allows us to recognize everything our eyes have shown/taught us, including family/people face recognition. Anyone who doesn't have that brain function would certainly be under considerable handicap.

Regarding the surface decay on Mars, it is actually pretty obvious from the Rover and Mars Orbiter pics that while the sand does look "blown around", there is a lot of other "stuff" that still looks pretty "unnatural", even though having been there over some amount of time (like the features noted in this OP) .

Richard C. Hoagland's work has impressed me that there sure looks like there are Pyramids, buildings and other artificiality that is repeated all over the place.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by Justoneman because: cause

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join