It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Kicking Serious Butt!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Some feel Ron Paul is a "saint" ready to bring salvation to America. He is not and will not.

Ron Paul is not a Republican. He is a radical Libertarian who comes close to advocating anarchy.

Anarchy? Ron Paul will give the power back to the states. So you equate anarchy and state power?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dr. Paul is the only one who have the courage to be specific. Thats why he burns right through the screen.The others only generalizes. If the people of The USA can´t see that he is the only sensible choice, they are going to be sorry IMO.

But i think this have made a huge impact on peoples views. He definately have a chance now. Go Paul go.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar

Some feel Ron Paul is a "saint" ready to bring salvation to America. He is not and will not.

Ron Paul is not a Republican. He is a radical Libertarian who comes close to advocating anarchy.

Anarchy? Ron Paul will give the power back to the states. So you equate anarchy and state power?

Whenever asked about almost anything his response is something along the line that. "...it's not a proper role of government." Of course this in light that he "brings home the bacon" to his home district while publicly advocating elimination of earmarks. With such blatant hypocracy how can we believe anything he says?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul rules!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I have high hopes of Ron Paul and the future of the US
I am from the UK and we need a Ron Paul

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I really think this guy has a fighting chance this time. He really has done his homework and makes the others look like novices.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ron paul is a wise man with much common sense. looks like he was actually treated fairly in this debate. i hope by next year, more people will realize what he stands for.

ron paul 2012

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Whenever asked about almost anything his response is something along the line that. "...it's not a proper role of government." Of course this in light that he "brings home the bacon" to his home district while publicly advocating elimination of earmarks. With such blatant hypocracy how can we believe anything he says?

We elect representatives to fight for our district and get a piece of the overall pie. That is the way a representative government works. There isn't anything wrong with earmarks, they are just doing the jobs we send them to do.

There is a huge difference between a representative actually representing and fighting for his district, compared to a Federal govt overstepping its bounds and dictating to all 50 states how they will enforce laws when the govt has no authority to do such a thing.

It is not hypocrisy. The representative has the legal right and duty to represent. The Federal Govt does not have a legal right to meddle in affairs not authorized by the Constitution.

Paul is right on both accounts.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

One would have to be contortionist to not consider this to be hypocracy.

Note how Dr Paul squirms when he is exposed...

Guilty, IMO

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

He said, "I've never voted for an earmark, ever." He said he put earmarks into existing bills, because he represents people that are asking for some of their tax money back.

It doesn't save anybody a single dollar to leave the earmarks out, the bill will still pass with the same spending, and the money will just go to other districts.

It is two entirely separate issues.

He wants to dial down the overall spending of the entire government, but he still wants his district to get their fair share of whatever spending is left.

Seems fair enough to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think the social security recipients Ron Paul is calling welfare cheats are more like the people in this picture.

I do not see a lot of old geezers in this picture taken inside a social security office by an actual senior citizen such as yourself. This is the welfare cheats and they are more abundant than old folks that have been legitimately paying into a system they were forced into for most of their lives.

Government force by the point of a gun to redistribute your wealth takes on many forms. They vote as well and they will vote for who ever will give them more hand outs. They do not care if the system is bankrupt they just want to be cared for at someone else expense.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

During a recent NPR report on the foreign policy-specific debate, a single, passing reference was made to Paul, hinting, in the apparent opinion of the reporter, that we already know where he stands, so why bother giving his perspective much airtime?

What a sad method for a media organization to determine coverage-worthiness.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2012, please...thank you

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

One would have to be contortionist to not consider this to be hypocracy.

Note how Dr Paul squirms when he is exposed...

Guilty, IMO

Oh, wow......lookie everyone......Romanmel is back to post his favorite anti-Ron Paul video and to remind us what a selfish man Ron Paul is! (*******YAWN********)

I shall now refer you back to the previous post from GetReadyAlready for all the reasons why your video is equal to cow dung.

I'll bet YOU'RE the one squirming...we just can't see you because you're sitting behind a computer.

edit on 24-11-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Whenever asked about almost anything his response is something along the line that. "...it's not a proper role of government."

That's probably because whatever they are asking him about is something that the government has no proper role in.

I hope this clears up your understanding of why you hear this phrase come from Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Sorry, I know the truth hurts...

Sainthood has yet to be confered upon any politician, even the pius Dr Paul.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this election was won simply because of Ron Pauls honesty. I enjoy watching videos of this man debate topics, its very entertaining

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Paul's foriegn policy ideas are exactly why I would not vote for him. Assuming he was to win, and was able to reduce our military presence around the world, close bases, etc...

I used to think the same as you, until I thought about how well the policy we have is working. We're loved by all, NOT!

The rest of what you said about the economy might be true, but it's it's still not an excuse for us to murder, and kill everyone we don't like in the rest of the world, just so we have jobs for crying out loud.

How about we start working more on new technologies that will be a positive benefit to man, and less on destruction devices. We're already way ahead of everyone else in that department anyway.

I totally understand why people in other countries don't like America. Americans hearts are in the right place, but most of us have been deceived by the corporate media, and politicians for so long we don't know what's going on. We're lead like cattle.

What started waking me up was figuring out that it doesn't matter who's in power, dem, or gop, nothing really changes. Both sides are equally bad. The media informs us who we're going to vote for. I think a lot of people will wake up soon though, because the system is about to collapse.

The problem is caused by a total lack of honesty, and integrity by our elected officials, corporate leaders, bankers, and many others.

Now I look for who they don't like. Go Ron Paul.

edit on 24-11-2011 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this election was won simply because of Ron Pauls honesty. I enjoy watching videos of this man debate topics, its very entertaining

Honesty?

You may want to view this short video of how the good Doctor handles honesty:

Typical politician...deny it in public but when confronted in private he says he's with them, just to busy with other things.
edit on 24-11-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Honesty? You may want t view this short video of how the good Doctor handles honesty:

You must have posted the wrong video out of your minuscule anti-Ron Paul video library, Romanmel. This video doesn't show Ron Paul being dishonest about anything. In fact, it doesn't show him doing anything wrong at all. I guess you believed it did because all you focused on was the big bold flashing anti-Ron Paul message added by the YouTuber at the end. Next time, maybe you'll use your ears and your brain.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join