It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Kicking Serious Butt!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I just wish I could register to vote!!

Ron Paul for World President! (I know that smacks of One World Order but I truly believe he could hack it)

edit on 23/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Paul's foriegn policy ideas are exactly why I would not vote for him. Assuming he was to win, and was able to reduce our military presence around the world, close bases, etc...

Does anyone realize what kind of negative impact that will have on an already fragile economy? First you have the people released from service which go on unemployment, then you have the entire defense industry brought to it's knees, which includes hundreds of civilian corporations, so add those millions of people to the unemployment line.

You think we have problems now?

The exact opposite is true!

The US govt saves tons of money on operating foreign bases. The soldiers that are currently spending their incomes overseas begin to spend it at home. Our best and our brightest are brought home to participate in our industry, and our economy.

Surely you don't believe what is hyped in the MSM about immediately shutting down SS, closing the bases, and making these changes overnight? We are talking about a long-term phased plan. He wouldn't just order the troops home, he would start renegotiating foreign contracts, recalling assets, lowering the numbers, striking up deals with foreign governments.

People assume he will do this in January 2013. More likely it will be 2020 or 2030 before it is actually accomplished, he will only be laying the groundwork for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Paul's foriegn policy ideas are exactly why I would not vote for him. Assuming he was to win, and was able to reduce our military presence around the world, close bases, etc...

Does anyone realize what kind of negative impact that will have on an already fragile economy? First you have the people released from service which go on unemployment, then you have the entire defense industry brought to it's knees, which includes hundreds of civilian corporations, so add those millions of people to the unemployment line.

Ron Paul said "If you have a No Fly Zone over Syria that's an act of war...What if we had China put a No Fly Zone over our territory I don't think we would like that" and "I think we should practice a policy of good will to other people"...good will...now there's a concept! He is right. Americans should worry about their own massive problems and quit meddling in the affairs of other countries.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
The Country is owned by big money, that will not change. The Presidency is a face position only. The POTUS does not do SQUAT without the agreement of over 400 people..............

This is reality: Every four years we are given the chance to change things we don't like about our Government. It is little more than a placebo for the masses, designed to keep them from waking up and realizing they are participating in a rigged system.

Ron Paul: Vote for change...... NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!! Ron Paul will tow the same line every other POTUS has. Voting for him anyway.

There's one HUGE difference you aren't factoring into the equation: Ron Paul tells the truth. Standing alone against Washington Potus Paul wouldn't be able to make the huge changes. But Paul wouldn't be alone, he would have the American people in his corner. They will be behind him because he won't pander and sugarcoat or "newspeak" the facts (IRS "increasing revenue", anyone?).
Isn't it scary that he is the only one on those debate stages saying WE ARE BROKE, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO RUN THINGS LIKE THIS? No one dares argues him on it ~ it's the truth plain and simple. They just ignore Paul and pretend his words were never uttered.
Ron Paul's kind of honesty is what America desperately needs right now.
BTW, Glad you'll vote for him anyway

It's not as if Ron Paul would take office, and the next day hang "going out of business" signs on all our oversea bases. It would be a process of reduction which wouldn't cripple our economy as you fear. That sector of the economy could easily adapt to a peacetime role. Combined with economic planning and stimulus, new jobs can be created.

As an American Citizen, I reject the notion that we must rely and depend on the Military Industrial Complex for economic stability. This industry thrives on war. Without endless conflict there is no demand for tools of war, and this industry has done far too much to ensure demand is high. Weapon makers should exist to serve countries but it's been twisted: now the countries serve the industry.

I don't want to prosper in America if the cost is smartbombs illegally taking out "suspects" and their families. In this brainwashed fear called "War on Terror", right has become wrong, and they have tried to convince us that 2 wrongs DO make a right. All the while, every bullet, every missile, every drone used fuels the M.I.C...to make and sell more bullets, missiles and drones.

I think a few economic bumps in the road would be a small price to pay for a chance to be free of this morally bankrupt system.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ron Paul would be no more and quite possibly a lot less effective than Obama. The Democrats would do to the Republicans the exact same thing the Republicans did to Obama. Total and complete stalemate.

Or even more likely, he would take a couple of weeks off after the election to be re-educated as to the realities of fighting the system, just like Obama was.

I can hear Ron Paul now at about the six month stage of his Presidency "I am working harder than ever to end The Fed. But them darn Democrats won't let me run things".

The Country is owned by big money, that will not change. The Presidency is a face position only. The POTUS does not do SQUAT without the agreement of over 400 people..............

This is reality: Every four years we are given the chance to change things we don't like about our Government. It is little more than a placebo for the masses, designed to keep them from waking up and realizing they are participating in a rigged system.

Ron Paul: Vote for change...... NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!! Ron Paul will tow the same line every other POTUS has. Voting for him anyway.

That's actually a very good point. I would think that if RP was elected and he tries to do what he says...all the "powers that be" would do everything in their power to stop him....and those are some very big and old powers. The only difference with him as opposed to the other presidents, imo, would be that a massive amount of people who are awakening may take action, protest, spread awareness of etc towards those who would try to stop his intentions and that is where the real power lies, the people. My hope would be that those who take a stand do not do it voilently, that defeats the entire purpose! It's almost a catch-22

Either way, I agree, I will still vote for him

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I must say it makes me feel good too at least finally, after 53 years of not voting for a president, because I refused to vote for a lesser evil, to finally have a man I feel I can stand behind. I used to wish he got further in the past as well. To bad people vote for pretty boys and... well, hopefully you know what I mean.

Now if I could only wrap my head around the thought of my vote WILL COUNT. I still have a hard time believing that one. Obviously that is all rigged up as well. ( I know as Im from Fla.!). sigh

Not to be rude, but this sentiment is exactly why this country is in the state it is in right now...VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE!!! SPEAK YOUR CONSCIENCE!!! LIVE YOUR CONSCIENCE!!!

My first vote was for Reagan...I did not know if it was going to count or not...I had no clue...But I VOTED!!! PLEASE VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE, whatever that may be...NO APATHY!!! IN ANY FORM!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I think the ramifications of a continued warfare state will cause greater harm in contrast to a reduction in defense spending. But you probably have a point in terms of downturn for the defense industry which, good or bad, employs many skilled/technologically savvy folks in our economy. Regardless, a transition to pre-911 defense upkeep has to occur at some point. At its current rate it's simply increasing in terms of expenditures and operations to unsustainable levels (well, it has probably passed sustainable levels). Granted there is an expected pullout from Iraq on/about December of 2011, but I suspect that is contingent on what occurs in Iran within the next few weeks. But I digress ...

At any rate, you may find chapter 9 of John Salerno's "Money: Sound & Unsound" to be an interesting read (link provided below). It offers an economic perspective of war and its cost that you may or may not find useful in seeking to answer difficult questions.

Take it easy.

link: mises.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks for posting the video clip, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Ron Paul seemed like he frustrated all those other candidates.
Paul doesn't talk like a candidate, he's sincere about what he believes is wrong with our system. I get a kick listening to him because he doesn't care if he isn't towing the republican line. He calls them out when they're trying to bs the public. The public has to vote for this guy! If for anything else, just so he can clean house and make our corrupt politicians sweat.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

" What does bake my noodle tho is that all the major outlets are of course handing this one to Gingrich. I think this was one of Gingrich's worst debates, and I'll be honest he's a good speaker, but he is way too pro establishment. CNN did give Paul some props post debate, but today they (and the other main news outlets) aren't really mentioning him as ....."

When Gingrich started to Defend the Patriot Act in last nights Debate , he showed his True Colors as being nothing more than a Neo Con Hawk Poster Boy . A Spineless Tool like him will Never become President with such a Blatant Allegiance to those who Worship DEATH.............:dn
edit on 23-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

You can tell that by just looking at his voting record the last 30 years. He's just another John McCain. I wish the majority of republicans will take 20 minutes out of their lives and do a google search. Compare Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich's votes in congress. I get so frustrated with talk radio during the day when they talk up Romney, Perry, Cain and now Gingrich. The only thing I can do is sigh and laugh to myself.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

You can tell that by just looking at his voting record the last 30 years. He's just another John McCain.

Maybe you should take a moment to follow your own advice. His voting record doesn't look anything like McCain's record. As recently as the debt ceiling vote, they were on opposite sides of the debate. McCain wants to spend big money on defense, he loves the overseas bases, and he is a partyline player.

Ron Paul stands alone.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Once Upon a Time..............Only The United States Congress had the Power to Declare War .........Today , they have Deligated that Power to the Office of President somehow . That to me sure looks like A SELL OUT , and the Devil is in the Details as to how that happened.........

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry but does it really matter who is 'President'?
He's just an icon, a symbol, actually controlled by others.
Our election system of democracy isn't fair anymore. The electoral system just seems so unfair nowadays. the populations have changed in the states, the polls are constantly accused of being rigged.

I'm leaning the other way and feel like my vote really doesn't count. Not in the big elections. It definately does in the small township/county ballots where they count all the votes and the most votes wins.
Not so with the primary's.
I'm just losing heart I guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Imagine if Ron Paul took office, and in the face of being told what to do he instead went on live television and exposed the whole scene and called on all Americans to fight. America needs a leader; the people are ready.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Way to be rational.. Though I have my reasons that I think Ron would never bow to TPTB, it's hard to make arguments for something that's yet to be seen. The point is he's clearly the best chance we have at turning things around. When it comes to the fear of Ron breaking his promises, my cynical slogan has become "Hey, it's worth a shot"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Though your points are debatable, even if we assume you're right, I still say it's what has to be done from a moral standpoint. Even if it's hell for a while, at least I'd be able to sleep with a clear conscious knowing the country I live in and pay taxes to ISN'T killing innocent people in the name of empire

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by wardk28

You can tell that by just looking at his voting record the last 30 years. He's just another John McCain.

Maybe you should take a moment to follow your own advice. His voting record doesn't look anything like McCain's record. As recently as the debt ceiling vote, they were on opposite sides of the debate. McCain wants to spend big money on defense, he loves the overseas bases, and he is a partyline player.

Ron Paul stands alone.

He was talking about Gingrich

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul close 2nd in Iowa poll, but he says he wants to remain "loyal to his party" when asked if he'd ever run 3rd party, from 4:43. If he doesn't get the Republican nomination, I guess that's it then.

Who is really voting for Cain? That man is ridiculously out of touch with reality, people actually like that man?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Lmao that's one of the silliest things I've read all day! Who paid you to write that? On topic though, I hope Ronald Paul doesn't pull an Obama on us. If he actually wins I'd be weary of the banking cartels next move. We'll see what happens. He has my vote.
edit on 24-11-2011 by PatriotAct because: dang typos!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I cannot wait to finally go out and vote... knowing that my first vote ever will be for a guy I've researched backwards and forwards and I still can stand by him without any hesitation, Ron Paul. It is so enjoyable listening to him debate against these other hooligans. One of the ways I've been trying to support him the most is commenting on articles he isn't mentioned in at all and getting his name out there to those who read and respond on comment boards. For example, you can mosey on over to an article like this one: GOP Smack
And letting the misfortunate know there really IS a candidate who won't be a lesser evil. The comments are quite funny when you realize they each go back and forth relentlessly comparing mitt and newt.... sigh. I get a kick out of Fox News articles comment sections as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join