It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Modification and Chemtrails, it's now admitted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry to all those people that thought we were fear mongering or hallucinating. Time does tell all.
Texas Dept of Licensing and Registration: Weather Modification

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Weather Modification Regulation

All individuals and organizations intending to conduct weather modification activities are required to obtain a weather modification license and permit from the TDLR. George Bomar (512-936-4313; [email protected]) is the contact person at TDLR for information on, and assistance with, the licensing and permitting of weather modification operations.

The Department relies on its staff, as well as the Weather Modification Advisory Committee, for recommendations on applications for weather modification licenses and permits. The Committee, consisting of an engineer, businessmen, attorney at law, and agricultural producer, meets quarterly, usually in Austin, to review applications for licenses and permits.

For more information about the weather modification program, e-mail TDLR at [email protected].

and here: [link to www.sanluisobispo.com]

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Cloud seeding has been "admitted" for quite a few years now. You can read all about the operations of one organization here:
wtwma.com...

What does it have to do with "chemtrails"? Cloud seeding occurs within existing cumulus clouds. It does not create clouds. Cloud seeding occurs in localized areas. The idea is to induce precipitation.

"Chemtrails" which are actually contrails, often occur in clear skies. They occur at altitudes much higher than those at which cloud seeding is done.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Cloud seeding is decades old. No new revelation there.

That you illogically say that is proof for chemtrails is amusing.

www.rbs2.com...

It is a common misconception that pure water freezes at a temperature of zero celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit). Zero celsius is actually the temperature at which ice melts. Water freezes at a temperature between 0 and -39 celsius, depending on the type of nuclei (i.e., contaminants) present. Liquid water with a temperature of less than 0 celsius is called "supercooled water".

In November 1946, Dr. Bernard Vonnegut discovered that microscopic crystals of silver iodide (AgI) nucleate water vapor to form ice crystals. Vonnegut choose AgI crystals because there is nearly the same distance between molecules in the crystal lattice for both ice and AgI, which makes AgI the optimum material to nucleate ice. (Vonnegut, 1947) Vonnegut's discovery is a classic example of doing the right thing for the right reason at the very beginning of new technology, as a result of scientific knowledge.

It is commonly stated that cloud seeding was invented in 1946 by employees of the General Electric Research Laboratory. This "fact" is wrong. There were at least three earlier scientific attempts to modify weather:

Prof. Emory Leon Chaffee at Harvard University dispensed charged sand from an airplane during 1924, to attempt to modify weather. (McDonald, 1961)

W. Veraart in 1930 dropped dry ice into clouds, in an attempt to modify weather. His technique and results were apparently published only in his book, which was in the Dutch language. (Byers, 1974, pp. 5-6)

Prof. Henry G. Houghton of MIT sprayed hygroscopic solutions into fogs in 1938 to dissipate the fog.

edit on 11/21/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What does it have to do with "chemtrails"? Cloud seeding occurs within existing cumulus clouds. It does not create clouds. Cloud seeding occurs in localized areas. The idea is to induce precipitation.

Ahh but see, much like global warming, the goal posts keep changing.

Weather modification has been going on since vietnam, and possibly before that too. cloud seeding has nothing at all to do with "chemtrails"

BUT.....

They seem to think everyone who says there are logical explanations for 99% of the "chemtrails" you are seeing, believe that no weather modification has been taking place at all.

It's a clear indication that these chemtrail beleivers don't even fully read their own threads, because it's usually us debunkers explaining that yes, weather modification is real and takes place all the time.

Until they can decide what a chemtrail is and isn't, this is a waste of a discussion.

cloudseeding uses silver iodide to act as a catalyst to allow water droplets to form around it, getting heavy enough to drop as rainfall.

"chemtrails" are supposedly chemical cocktails released by specially adapted spray planes, as well as every single plane on earth (fuel additive?) that CREATE clouds and LINGER FOR HOURS, and SPREAD DEADLY DEPOPULATION CHEMICALS.

little bit of a difference no?

But see, what we have here is a great example of a filter bubble.

PosterA posts a thread with a title along the lines of "Government documents provide PROOF geoengineering is real"

Using the same information this OP used.

Then, posterB, who is the OP here, reads that thread, copies the link, and posts it as another thread, ignoring the search function of course, and goes on to assume the information admits "chemtrails are real" when in fact is says nothing of the sort, and merely proves all of us "debunkers" right as we've been desperately trying to explain this to you guys for years.

Seriously, stop and at least read the stuff you post, if not understand it, it will save all of us some time.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Then, posterB, who is the OP here, reads that thread, copies the link, and posts it as another thread, ignoring the search function of course, and goes on to assume the information admits "chemtrails are real" when in fact is says nothing of the sort, and merely proves all of us "debunkers" right as we've been desperately trying to explain this to you guys for years. Seriously, stop and at least read the stuff you post, if not understand it, it will save all of us some time.

The document the OP linked to ,yes, does make the case against so-called "chemtrails" more than "proof" of them.

It is a silly thread.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The following statement, from your source, seems to indicate that you are, indeed, fear mongering, or hallucinating.

The aim of the regulatory function is to ensure that various methods of modifying the weather do not dissipate clouds nor inhibit their ability to produce rainfall to the detriment of people or property in the affected areas.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 21-11-2011 by BenReclused because: Add link

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Epic fail of a thread.
Second line.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Cloud seeding has been "admitted" for quite a few years now. You can read all about the operations of one organization here:
wtwma.com...

"Chemtrails" which are actually contrails, often occur in clear skies. They occur at altitudes much higher than those at which cloud seeding is done.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

What is your explanation why some contrails vanish in seconds and others continually expand to a sky full of x's?
How is it that my asthma goes nuts on the days these visible contrails are present? No other times do I have any respiratory problems. You're probably right. It's not like the gov is keeping any secrets or agendas from us. Wait... What?.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Perhaps Google search is not your friend, but it is mine. Here is your answer!

I haven't got a clue as to what triggers your asthma, but I'd be willing to bet the cause is much closer than 30,000 feet above your head.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 21-11-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Weather Modification Regulation

All individuals and organizations intending to conduct weather modification activities are required to obtain a weather modification license and permit from the TDLR. George Bomar (512-936-4313; [email protected]) is the contact person at TDLR for information on, and assistance with, the licensing and permitting of weather modification operations.

Finally, we can put this to rest. Chemtrailing would require this same permit, in every state. Why aren't there any permits for high altitude spraying? Actually, why hasn't there ever been a documented instance of anything being sprayed at contrail-formation altitude?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Same as in 1955:

metabunk.org...
edit on 21-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Did anybody think or claim that? I don't think they did. Weather modification has gone on for ages in lots of places. It's chemtrail claims that are fear mongering. You're not thinking they are the same thing are you?

I too suffer from Asthma. Damp air, dust and other irritants are bad for Asthmatics. unless your neck is 7 miles long you are not breathing the air that the contrail is in. Seeing trails and getting wheezy could even be psycho-sematic, if you have already convinced yourself there is a connection. Like when I realise I don't have my inhaler I start to feel wheezy, even though I was fine a second before I realised.
edit on 21-11-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

And thanks to their efforts in Vietnam, a treaty was signed by 75 states to ban all weather modification techniques by any military or hostile force...

And then last year over 190 signatories agreed to ban geoengineering...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of which is unrelated to cloud seeding

And yes, people not reading their own sources seems to occur all too regularly

edit on 21/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Great thread OP and isn't it the truth.
Cloud seeding is being done with in the lab engineered nano particles. Anyone can get a license to get into the program and your doc in the OP shows that. Cloud seeding is not just for rain anymore - there are a lot more reasons for weather modification these days than just rain.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Why is it a great thread?

If I make a thread that says planes fly, or petrol burns, or grass is often green would that be a great thread too?

All we have here is a "statement of the bleeding obvious" with nothing at all that supports, or even links it to, chemtrails.

It does you no credit to proclaim every single "pro" thread as 'great' regardless of content. It merely looks like you have a low quality threshold.

Look at some of your own threads. While I have disagreed with most of them, they HAVE been pretty good, well written and interesting to read.

This isn't in the same league.
edit on 21-11-2011 by waynos because: Spelin

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's an interesting history of weather modification in California form 1952 to 1956. It was written in 1957.

www.archive.org...

It also contains the regulations that require posting of the notices like the one in the OP. These notices have appeared every year in many newspapers since 1952.

(Actually the doc has several reports, going up to the 1960s)
edit on 21-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
this is not a failed thread
l
l
l
V

The program also sponsors and provides administrative and technical oversight for ongoing weather modification research and development activities. This includes the use of federal grants for exploratory, and confirmatory, cloud seeding experiments. TDLR issues reports on the results of cloud seeding research work and shares information on technological advances with other State agencies, governmental organizations, and interested individuals.

The part in bold........why does this not mean that an organization could use this as a legal loophole for chemtrails? Granted, that legally cloud seeding takes place within clouds, and in my opinion that definition is concrete for cloud seeders and their associates, but the legal deffinition of the term "exploratory" couldn't be more broad. They could say that they have practically any idea for putting s$%t in the sky, and get away with it because it falls under the the deffinition of "exploratory" cloud seeding.

Do you see what im trying to get at? Also i think it's possible that the OP was getting at a similar point; if you can legally cloud seed and modify the weather, why wouldn't you be able to find some hush hush way of legally using chemtrails? Im sure it's possible to say the least.

As for what i beleive in, with chemtrails i've never been 100% sure but im leaning on the heavier side of 50%

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
But you need a permit, and you need to publish notices in newspapers. Where are the chemtrail notices?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

not if the chemtrails can be said to be something else, or they use some type of legal loophole to do it( thsw is most likely in my opinion if it were to be happening.) Obviously if they were doing this they would have to hide it.

they don't have to publish something that they know they can get away with
edit on 11/21/2011 by facewhatly because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join