It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is Infinite. So if time is infinite...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Time is invented by us, the people. There's really nothing more I can say about this

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresenttense

I was just thinking more about what you said, and I think it's a false to believe that matter is always changing or even needs to exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Yes, I think I am with you. People assuming the beginning I am talking about is the big bang, but before that and then before that ect/ ect/ is the beginning I'm talking about, it is arbitrary and simply conceptual.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

But that assumes that matter has to exist. So time is most certainly infinite and if matter exists then as one poster said all things are eventually going to happen and parallel universes is a thing. But my gripe is it's a huge assumption to believe that matter will always or has to exist at all levels.
edit on 20-11-2011 by soldita because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoking

Here is my thing with that as I have tried to state just before. Time is eternal without a doubt. But it is a huge assumption to believe matter always has to exist. And the only way to realize parallel universes is to have the equation, infinite time + matter. I shouldnt say the only way, but the only way that it's a fact is infinite time and matter always exists and I think that's a naive assumption.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

Spacetime began at the moment of the Big Bang. Before that, we have no idea what was there, some call it God, others call it nothingness, take your pick, but in the end, it is in the domains of philosophy and questioning. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Time began when you learned about it. When you were a child you learned about time and how important it is. Christmas is a great way of teaching children time, it's 35 sleeps to Christmas. When you were a child life just happened, and then you were educated.
Now you are educated. Now you know about time, you know about space and you know about things.
Knowledge????
What do you know? Really know?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Time began when you learned about it. When you were a child you learned about time and how important it is. Christmas is a great way of teaching children time, it's 35 sleeps to Christmas. When you were a child life just happened, and then you were educated.
Now you are educated. Now you know about time, you know about space and you know about things.
Knowledge????
What do you know? Really know?

Interesting point!!

Isn't it interesting that Knowledge and time are forever changing and yet humanity alway tries its hardest to capture the absolute truth of both.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
for those who believe time doesnt exist, explain the timing of the universe, why bodies are predictable and rotation and orbit is precise or at the very least approximate.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

God does not separate anything. God is indivisible. God and now are the same.
Time is an illusion that separates you from God.

Substance reflects light to reveal the substance. All things that can be seen have opposites that reflect. God has no opposite. He is hidden for this fact only.

edit on 20-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
for those who believe time doesnt exist, explain the timing of the universe, why bodies are predictable and rotation and orbit is precise or at the very least approximate.

I wrote an article on my blog about this. I either had a stroke of genius, or just a stroke. Here is the link.

Reflecting the Past Forward

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote that material reality may only exist at the moment of observation and that time is an overall picture. What im asking is about lasting repetition and the macro mechanics of our solar system that puts time in a relevant context.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Time is nothing but a measure of the changing positions of objects in space, and as any scientist, mystic, or lunatic knows that in the beginning there were no objects in space.

Really now?

What were you doing a week ago? a day ago? an hour ago?

All of that lies in the past..

It's in the past, because time moved on.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would have to argue that the universe is not infinite. If the universe was infinite, then the universe would have to be infinite in age and size. And a physical object cannot be "infinite" since we could always place said object within an even larger mathematical system.

This touches upon "Olbers Paradox"

The paradox is that a static, infinitely old universe with an infinite number of stars distributed in an infinitely large space would be bright rather than dark.

To show this we divide the universe in to a series of concentric shells, 1 light year thick (say). Thus a certain number of stars will be in the shell 1,000,000,000 to 1,000,000,001 light years away, say. If the universe is homogeneous at a large scale, then there would be four times as many stars in a second shell between 2,000,000,000 to 2,000,000,001 light years away. However, the second shell is twice as far away, so each star in it would appear four times dimmer than the first shell.

Thus the total light received from the second shell is the same as the total light received from the first shell. Thus each shell of a given thickness will produce the same net amount of light regardless of how far away it is. That is, the light of each shell adds to the total amount. Thus the more shells, the more light. And with infinitely many shells there would be a bright night sky.

Dark clouds could obstruct the light. But in that case the clouds would heat up, until they were as hot as stars, and then radiated the same amount of light.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soldita

Or it is simply a illusion made up by by us...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You wrote that material reality may only exist at the moment of observation and that time is an overall picture. What im asking is about lasting repetition and the macro mechanics of our solar system that puts time in a relevant context.

I recently read a commentary on the Corpus Hermeticum and it mentions that the spheres (planets) are in perpetual motion. They start again where they end. All of the universe is in cycles. Birth, development, renewal. As for time, I relate it to the Derac Equation.

"As stated by Paul Dirac's relativistic quantum mechanical wave equation, our universe is parallel to another universe in opposite. Our matter is anti-matter to this mirrored universe. The event horizon between these two universes represents the projection point of both."

Science seems to suggest that we are parallel to another universe in opposite, like a mirror. The interplay of matter and antimatter creates the 'now' we observe. Like wifi passing through your body, the essence of both are projected from information. At the core of this is consciousness and the mind of God. I hesitated on this truth of Hermetic revelation until I considered what was actually being said here.

God is one. There is none other. There are no other outside materials beyond what is. Hebrews 11 reveals that we are made from what is unseen, pre-existent and never-changing. The miracle of the one thing mentioned in the Emerald Tablet of Hermes is two becoming one. In reality, it is three. Particle, wave and consciousness. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Infinity is this in combination. God is the one thing. The miracle is that two become one in love. The sun and the moon. Sperm and egg. Male and female. Right and left hemisphere. Soul and spirit. Mind and body. All of these are paired in love to create another of the one thing from the bestowal of love. The purpose of life, then, is to gain union back with the original one. When we find love for God, by faith, in the womb of the earth, we transcend to spirit (The original infinity). We become the many in the one.

What has changed about the one? Nothing. Infinity can only be added to, never changed or removed. It simply is, just like time is simply part of infinity as a division. Mathematics is pre-existent. Time is only a measure of something passing from a set beginning.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here is the quote from the Corpus Hermeticum. I would suggest the book, The Way of Hermes. It is the best English translation. Keep in mind that Moses, Joseph and Enoch were likely associated with Hermes in some way. They may have even been Hermes. Some historians believe that Hermes was three people. Enoch builds the pyramids (check Isaiah 19:19), Joseph (Ptah-Hotep) comes after the flood to interpret, and Moses carries the knowledge forward.

"Then Mind the Maker united with Reason, and He who surrounds the Spheres and spins them with His whirl, set turning His formations, and let them turn from a beginning boundless unto an endless end. For the circulation of these Spheres begins where it does end in a circle, as Mind does will. And from the downward-tending elements Nature brought forth lives without reason; for He did not extend Reason (the Logos) to them. The Air brought forth things winged; the Water things that swim, and in the Watery Substance, Earth-and-Water one from another were separated, as Mind the Maker willed. And from her bosom, Nature produced living things, four-footed animals and reptiles, beasts wild and tame.'

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
let me try to say smthg about time that i never have any sense of which bother me a lot since it is obvious that time exist and this fact is very humiliating to any true free right

i would say that time in truth is the concept of future being more then present truth
since it would be more true, then what is presently true must always meaning being less to superior truth

so present is always meaning future superiority to justify objective existing as right of less

knowledge of that fact is of truth results, so any positive freedom as a result conscious since truth is making it all

here where knowledge appear being evil always in all terms, entre parenthese that is why it is said that knowledge is about knowing oneself as meaning that objective knowledge is always evil

so what know how truth proceed is the past to truth, while it would consider that knowledge as a strength to use on abusing that fact known like being weakness of truth

since truth wont mean itself superiority, knowledge could mean to pretend absolute present superiority

but to truth i guess it knows what it is doing by dealing with knowledge as past to liquidate everyday more

of course im extrapolating here but there is smthg like that in the air

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One
It means everything should have happened already, so why the hell are we here, now?

cuz if we weren''t
we wouldn''t be here

Now?

But, it might mean we are already here now, then and there, over and over, like a bad quilt.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This thread has given me a headache and made me dizzy.
Thanks

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join