It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
hahaha
Offering the police donuts. Beautiful! Stand your ground! God bless this is the America I love. There is still hope! ahahaha

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Voodoo donuts for peace!

Love those pink boxes, maybe they can coax the police into remaining calm by offering them a bacon maple bar or a delicious Portland Cream. You know the sight of those donuts made a cop or 2 chuckle, and maybe lighten the mood. Don't bite the hand that feeds you?
What a headline, Donuts for tear gas at Portland OWS.

edit on 13-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Indeed, if there is any international sign of peace and cooperation it's Voodoo Doughnuts! The only thing missing now is some Micro-brews and it'll be a party.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

I'm not quite clear on what law local elected officials are using to override the right to assemble in a public place either. Why can't they be in parks which are public places?

Thanks all for the information.

May they achieve peace

Good question. I am not quite sure. I think they were using the claim that they are blocking the flow of traffic, since they are in the street and also apparently, the park, usually closes at night ( Speculation based on hearing last night a time in which it normally opens back up to the public).

So, perhaps trespassing and blocking the flow of traffic is what they will use. But that is speculation on my part.

Always welcome

edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
TV reporters are saying police reinforcements are now coming in on a bus.
Stay tuned. Could be heating up soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

pdx_nathanh is what he's saying the address is to his ustream or whatever. Does that mean anything to you?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Can't get tell if there are more people, or if everyone has moved forward.. maybe both.

They just said a bus load of more police have arrived.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

But aren't they also referred to very commonly as "billy clubs" by even police?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Guy on the Livestream said once his batteries go down he will start streaming here:

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

pdx_nathanh is what he's saying the address is to his ustream or whatever. Does that mean anything to you?

yes! thank you. I misunderstood. I thought he was saying pdh_nathanh. No wonder I could not find it.

www.ustream.tv...

Here it is, in case the other one goes down.

EDIT: Oh the other one did go down, so good timing!

Video is a less choppy on this one.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Now they are thanking the police for being peaceful. That speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Oh cool. You beat me to the link. Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
NathanH broadcast just came up.

2nd

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Batteries appear to have died. I think his little channel thing is going to get so many viewers it's going to curl up into a corner and die.

link   
Looks like there is an instigator in the crowd.

www.ustream.tv...

To which they are responding " we spread peace not hate"....

Encouraging everyone to calm down and to ignore him.

He left too.

link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Batteries appear to have died. I think his little channel thing is going to get so many viewers it's going to curl up into a corner and die.

haha, yeah, the viewership is rising by the minute.

The video is already freezing up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

Or it could be a sign that human beings need water to stay alive and active. That gear is hot and constraining.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First I saw this guy and thought,"I'd hate to be the officer directly in front of him!" They just interviewed him though and he was well spoken and calm. When asked what he would do if the scene got intense, he said he would remain until they dropped him. I am really proud of these folks, everyone interviewed is sensible and hopeful. I hope all the OWS haters, especially Neo96
, are getting a glimpse of this and may let a little air out of their hate sails.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Except....how have local officials not broken federal law by interfering with the right to peaceably assemble with these local ordinances? It was my layman's understanding that the Supreme Court has held that the First Amendment applies to each state, including any local government.

Maybe once they are done tidying up....the fences now surrounding the public park will come down and they will let the people be free to return.

Thanks...again.

Peace.

edit on 13-11-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by lnfidel

But aren't they also referred to very commonly as "billy clubs" by even police?

A truncheon or baton (also called a cosh, Paddy wacker, billystick, billy club, nightstick, sap, blackjack, stick) is essentially a club of less than arm's length made of wood, plastic, or metal. They are carried for less lethal self-defense purposes by law-enforcement officers, correctional staff, security-industry employees and (less often) military personnel. Other uses for truncheons and batons include crowd control or the dispersal of belligerent or non-compliant targets.

A truncheon or baton may be used to strike, jab, block, bludgeon and aid in the application of armlocks. Sometimes, they also are employed as weapons by criminals and other law-breakers because of their easy concealment. As a consequence, they are illegal for non-authorized civilian use in many jurisdictions around the world. They have a common role to play, too, in the rescuing of trapped individuals—for instance, people caught in blazing cars or buildings—by smashing windows or even doors.

So yes, you are right Gogo.

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join