It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Cops are backing off... But I think this means they are coming back with reinforcements.

Protestors are backing up to prepare.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just announced by police: Protesters must vacate the streets or "chemical agents" will be used

Mounted police have rushed in to try and arrest someone that appears to have thrown something at an officers head..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Pulling the horses back...

Chemicals coming now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
America is a free country guys. Fake Conservatives who don't allow freedoms unless they agree with them said so.

link   
Mounted police.. bad idea.. horses are skittish.. especially in chaotic situations.

But hey.. tactical planning doesn't seem to be anyone's strong point there : /

link   
And the first arrest is made (after apparently trying to throw a piece of wood at officers?) And it was confirmed an officer was struck in the head by a "projectile"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Yeah, I fear so.

They are going to try and break up the crowds.

Non-violent resistance still being used by the group.

Chants of "Non violent" and "peaceful" are radiating through the crowd.

Mic check used, to calm the protestors and lots of encouragement to stay focused and peaceful

Oh and for what it is worth, I am stating what is going on like this to provide updates for the few who have no video access right now.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
img.abovetopsecret.com...
Great capture from the live stream (tried to embed it several time, link will have to do)

"take off the riot gear, I don't see no riot here"
I dig that. I heard that the protesters say they were regrouping, that the cops were getting ready to move in. I guess we will see.
edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
More details :

1:52 a.m.: Police are arresting someone.

1:50 a.m.: Portland police say medical responding to 3rd and Main. Officer injured from a projectile thrown from crowd.

1:49 a.m.: Lots of people are discussing whether to risk arrest. The horses are in the middle of Southwest Third Avenue and Main Street, facing the crowd. They pulled back and the crowd cheered.

1:47 p.m., the scene changed dramatically. Police on horses began to ride into the crowd.

Police begin to tell everyone to leave and said that they would use chemical agents if necessary. Officers could be seen putting on riot gear, including helmets with shields.

Some people in the crowd began to throw bottles at police, and some were chanting "put the guns down" at police.

Police are telling the crowd to immediately vacate Southwest Third.

1:46 a.m.: Police on horses are now at Southwest Third and Main Street, pushing into the crowd. Officers are putting their riot gear on. Crowd is riled up and shouting. A police officer gets knocked down.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
When that cop first went down, a lot of people in the occupy stream were saying it was another cop that accidentally took him out. Cop did something to other cop that knocked him down.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Do you believe the projectile story? They are in fact wearing riot gear.

The officer down is looking like a footbal (soccer) player faking it

Edit: 2nd story reporting that he actually fell off his horse. that may explain why he looked in pain
edit on 13-11-2011 by ReleaseThePressure because: update

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I live on the Left Coast; It's 2a.m., and the protesters are still there, no sign of the cops bashing heads...yet.
Wait, watching the live feed...the cops may be trying a manuver.....sealing the parimeter.....
speakers are being placed at the scene.

edit on 13-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: added content

edit on 13-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Fox news are squeezing the juice out of the "officer down" footage

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Those police are seriously outnumbered, but they sure do seem to be suited up for battle.

Guys talking about directional sound trucks now? LRAD's?

link   
If anyone is watching the KGW live feed.. does anyone see the freaky cop that looks like he's about 7'' 300+ lbs lol .. dude is huge..

Anyways: Police speakers are giving a second warning to get off the streets before chemicals are used (tear gas) .. police are also walking around with their pepper spray now.

link   
Cops are moving. Trying to bring some kind of "sound truck"....

But now the truck is backing up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReleaseThePressure

Hahaha I bet. Steve Doocy will be crying in the morning.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think this is going to go off.
It might end up bad, and I don't think anyone will be able to blame the protesters in the morning.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

That's what I got out of "sound truck" too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It's a Special Response van with a loud speaker (I'm posting what the speaker is saying)

It came in when the cop was hit with a bottle .. it's been chilling there all night, pulls up and gives direction to the crowd (get out of the street before chemicals are used)

Incidentally... people are not leaving the streets and are trapping cars in the crowd.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join