It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the madness going on in the world, join me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It's 10.50am GMT and I'm on my week off work, I've done all the work needed doing and I've just finished doing the house work. I've put on some Irish Folk music, I've got a glass of retail brand Port and some crackers and cheese. I tell you, all the problems seem so far away right now. So come join me, workers! Pensioners! Students! Unemployed! Liberals! Conservatives! Communists and Fascists! Let's do Lennon proud and have a old fashioned lazy ba****d sit in! Put on your favourite relaxing music, have yourselves a drink (doesn't have to be alcoholic like Oliver Reed Me) and let's appreciate the finer things in life, just for a moment!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

I am with you, a bourbon on the rocks and some Miles Davis... sending off good vibes to all the fellow travelers.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Its the way forward my friend, if we all took time out like this, for a brief moment, we'd all be united! Our divisions left on the side, to appreciate the here and now and some of man's greatest inventions, drink and music! Much like the soldiers on the Western front Christmas 1914, rest their souls! I've lit a smoke and raise a glass for mankind! Cheers!
edit on 9-11-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
10.50am. Its not midday and you cracked open the booze.

here you go.

www.aa.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Not happy unless the world is falling apart huh? It's ok, I don't know if you can relate but when you work shifts like I do, you never drink in fact you don't eat and hardly sleep, so when it comes to a week off you get what you got to get done and then why not have a drink before midday? Brake open some apple juice and join us my friend

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
rarely drink.. but after this week will make an exception and mix an absinthe .. fire up a Djarum and offer a toast to the end of the madness in the world.. as I sit out in my garden enjoying a quiet evening here..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
10.50am. Its not midday and you cracked open the booze.

here you go.

www.aa.org...

lol its 1935hrs here enjoying a fine tropical evening

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
rarely drink.. but after this week will make an exception and mix an absinthe .. fire up a Djarum and offer a toast to the end of the madness in the world.. as I sit out in my garden enjoying a quiet evening here..

Braking out the hard stuff! Nice! Enjoy, whatever the week, it could always be worse....Well, generally!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

I think this day calls for one, so I mixed a drink after reading your post. Gin goes well with apple juice, and I'm happy to enjoy the indoors again for past few days. It's six-thirty am, I had a few hours sleep, but mostly insomnia since then. It sure has been eventful & ATS has kept me occupied a lot lately! Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Orange Juice for me!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hey that's cool soft drink, hard drink, hot drink, Starshmucks Christmas drink, its just a time to stop and relax and just appreciate everything that surrounds us. Even when we may view life as having little, actually we all have life and everything and everyone is seperate from our own being and should be appreciated in their own right. From that, we will find that we are all equal and whether we drink lemonade, water or wine, we are all drinkers. So drink already!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good on ya.........

Voddy and coke.........

Cheers, big ears.................

new topics

top topics

join