It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it's hard to prove a negative, such as "there are no extraterrestrial intelligences out there." The universe is big, and time goes in all kinds of crazy directions, and we only have a very limited view of reality to work with.

But after several decades of interest in this subject, I absolutely have to agree that there has been nothing discovered so far that in any way proves or indicates the existence of any kind of life or intelligence not originating from Earth. Sure, weird things have happened, and continue to happen. But nothing specifically having anything to do with ET life or intelligence.

It's fun to imagine and read the stories, though.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

of course it's you again. Well, if you wanna believe what the US Gov't tells yin that's fine, but I disagree with your religious views 100%. You believe we only live in a box where only god, humans, angels, & demons exist. I'm sorry but that is a really short sighted view.

There are ETs, and all sorts of life everywhere.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Well i dont think fallen angels come from anywhere except story books!

Your free to think what you like, after all I guess it would be easier to blank out the truth and deny reality whilst living a life of sin and just simply pretend they didn't exist rather than admit they do, as otherwise you would have to admit your heading to everlasting torment in Hell and that would call for repentance . But a whole bunch of people would disagree with your statement including most of the heads of state and the people at the very top of society who are pulling the strings that are in contact with these fallen angels/demons -- this has been proven.
edit on 8-11-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Your free to think what you like, after all I guess it would be easier to not believe in Hell when your destined to go their if you die in your sins and burn for eternity. But a whole bunch of people would disagree with your statement including most of the heads of state and the people at the very top of society who are pulling the strings that are in contact with these fallen angels/demons.

Your statement is based on what?

and i beleave after you die you will go to a special spot in the sun reserved for the what you refer to as "souls" of those who believe in such silly things as a devine creator where all of the enlightened people who believe in such things as our own destiny, aliens will be allowed to live on throught the body "vessel" of another species of huminiod on another planet

guess its easier for you to give in and believe someone will save you than take a shot at your own destiny

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Your free to think what you like, after all I guess it would be easier to blank out the truth and deny reality whilst living a life of sin and just simply pretend they didn't exist rather than admit they do. But a whole bunch of people would disagree with your statement including most of the heads of state and the people at the very top of society who are pulling the strings that are in contact with these fallen angels/demons -- this has been proven.

OHHHH now I understand why you deny the existence of E.Ts. It's cause you believe in fairy tales. I gotcha. Ok, carry on with what you believe. I'm done posting in this thread now now that I know what you're beliefs are... then again I kinda knew you were the religious type. They always deny the existence of E.Ts. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that the white house denies them too cause they believe in fairy tales also. Thanks for the good laugh.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And an FnS from me on that.

My catagoric understanding, of this God given existence, has always filed the UFO phenomena under paranormal. But of this world. The uni-( one ) verse ( spoken word ) was spoke into existence by God. Earth is where I believe he chose to genesis the population of all we see before us.

Nothing comes from there to here. We were meant to go from here to there. But only with his guidance and his laws in our hearts.

God desires a relationship with us. It shall be realized.
edit on 8-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I often think "Why would my govenment lie to me? What would it gain?" Then I look at history, which in itself is a lie. Yes, nations lie to their people. I don't think there is any evidence of aliens, but reserve the right to ignore what the government says.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

If they are "fairy tales" then why would the heads of state worship Lucifer? after all the government obviously know what's going on since they control everything. Take ex-president bush and the satanic secret society of "skull & bones" for example... Do you really think they do that stuff just for fun?

I am not a religious type ether, I'm just a Christian that believes the bible to be the word of God and Jesus as the savior of man kind.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don’t think they found fossilized microbes inside of a meteorite that were placed there via contamination by humans. Living organisms sure, but fossilized? Not so much.
To answer your question, however, I believe in both extraterrestrials and extra dimensional beings. To believe in one does not discredit the other. Mankind is not alone in this universe, nor are we the only time or dimensional plane in existence.
I see where you’re coming from in your belief of Angels being extra dimensional. Nearly every ancient civilization on Earth has stories of a “god-like” being named Micha'el (or some variation of), who brought tidings and knowledge, but I don’t think we’re alone in this dimension, whether they’ve visited this planet or not.

~FugitiveSoul
edit on 8-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Government didn't deny the existence of extra-dimensional beings though did they?

Am I the only one that can see what they're doing here?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You shouldnt jump to the assumption that there isnt life beyond the Planet because we havent found any hard Evidence for it. We havent even been to Mars yet. Science has only gone far. When we advance to the point of Interstellar Travel and actually Visit other planets for Life then we can make some conclusions.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm not even sure how to respond to a thread like this, to be honest.

So I will just make a few comments and try to not be offensive to anyone.

Other planets, in my perspective, is life itself. I don't need to see little grey men walking around on them to be amazed by their existence, and marvel at how they have evolved, or come to be as they are - much like our planet has over the course of it's history. One can just look at a map and see that our planet is in constant change and motion, constant evolution. Much like the life it harbors.

There was a time, OP, that humans thought our planet was flat. Hilarious to consider today, but it was once widely accepted. And then technology and science was able to prove otherwise. In time, we will continue to make discoveries that will blow our minds.

One of the most amazing things to me about the state or purpose of our being is that no one really knows. You don't, I don't, we don't have a clue as to what is really going on out there. We can speculate, we can imagine and search for answers but at the end of the day it's still all a big mystery. To some, this is terrifying to not know more - I find these types of people like to adhere to one set of answers/stories or another. Totally normal and 'spiritually' healthy to do so for them.

I am willing to bet however that the answers to the questions of our existence cannot be contained in a single book.

And that the existence of life on other planets cannot be disproven by a single YouTube video or White House response to a petition. Take care.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You do know that Jesus is Lucifer, don't you? Or, should I say, 'a' Lucifer...
I mean, before you go any further in that line of argument...
You might want to look into that one.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
You shouldnt jump to the assumption that there isnt life beyond the Planet because we havent found any hard Evidence for it. We havent even been to Mars yet. Science has only gone far. When we advance to the point of Interstellar Travel and actually Visit other planets for Life then we can make some conclusions.

Hard evidence or evidence at all? You didn't watch the video did you?

"The Anthropic Principle" proves their is no life outside of earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Wow, the video makes perfect sense...if you believe that God created man and do not believe in evolution. Sadly, the video made no sense to me.

ETA: * "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).
* "Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever," (Gen. 3:22, NASB).
* “Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech,” (Gen. 11:7, NASB).
* "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8, NASB)

Our image...not His...our. Make a case for e.t.'s genetically modifying man.
edit on 8-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I dont care what anyone else says because we are merely a spec in this vast Universe and we've havent even left the solar system. How do we know if other planets could sustain life when we havent even Visited them? Nothing is Absolute.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That's like saying "I live out in the woods where theirs alot of beavers and beavers love wood so their must be a family of them somewhere in my log cabin, but I've never seen them".

No actually, your metaphor (in comparison) would have to imply that there would be more beavers in another forest where you are not. (to be an equal metaphor) Your log cabin is not a forest.

And I do believe there is more than one forest with beavers...
edit on 8-11-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Man, if i was going to be stuck in a log cabin in a forest I'd definitely want me some beaver

Alien or otherwise....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by earthdude

Government didn't deny the existence of extra-dimensional beings though did they?

Am I the only one that can see what they're doing here?

Were they ever questioned about extra-dimensional beings? I don't recall seeing a petition or even a single scrap of declassified material pertaining to extra-dimensional beings.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Lol. The Theory of Extra-dimensional Beings is believed by very few people. But a little over half the US Population believes in a possibility of Extraterrestrials.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join