It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what delousing looks like: Lice outbreak at Occupy Portland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Via Jim Treacher, insert the obligatory joke about “parasites” here. That’s the first clip below; the second, also via Treach and fully self-explanatory, shows the “Occupy” ethos in microcosm. Their first, last, and seemingly only goal right now is to stay put at all costs; whatever consequences might flow from that are something they can worry about tomorrow. And that leads directly to the third clip, this time via Verum Serum but also from Occupy Portland. What happens as the reality dawns that the camp is “a growing clusterf***er” filled with drugs and “sex offenders”? (Follow the link to VS if you need a transcript to follow along.) There’s no way for them to clean up without expelling troublemakers in the group, but the troublemakers have as much a right to be there and “protest” as the rest do. The next stage, maybe: “Occupy” leaders joining forces with police to target the miscreants in their midst?

hotair.com...

Blame the homeless!!!

It's got nothing to do with your hygiene at all so i have to ask? Are they sharing their tents and sleeping bags with homeless people? Not to mention if it is an outbreak means there was a lot of sharing going on.

There is a lot here to checkout videos and the other articles:

The occupiers at Occupy Portland decided to take the protest into their own kitchen tent and demand change in the middle of a meal service. Why? Because life at the camp has become such a disaster that they need to occupy their own occupation. The audio is a bit hard to make out but I’m pretty sure my transcription below is accurate (I’ve removed the response part of the chant and there are a few words I couldn’t make out):

www.verumserum.com...

Such as this one and hey you can't cut through that chain it will make your tools explode or whatever.

OWS has lice!
edit on 7-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I got itchy reading your OP.

This is more of a hygiene issue than social issue

That is kind of gross, but lice outbreaks are quite common. Glad I have never had it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Come on, seriously? This happens everyday, several times a day in schools across america.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You can see what he is trying to do too?

Kind of obvious not so subtle message.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah really, haha,
Lice happens in schools across the glove on a daily basis, and they're outside! There are bugs outside too, how about that. I bet they're unclean because they're outside, with the bugs. The bugs have rights too, they're home is being invaded.

Lice? Go buy the 10 dollar shampoo.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'd wager this epidemic was released into the crowd. If this doesn't work, they'll turn to a virus next. Mark my words.

link   
Dang that made my head itch

link   
OWS is all about collectivism n'est pas?

Which means they are the 99% who is responsible for everyone there not just blame the homeless and by the bye shouldn't they be looking out for the homeless instead of making them scapegoats?

Collective Responsibility!
edit on 7-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I work for the city of denver, and I know FOR A FACT that our officers have been directing the homeless to OWS protests. This could be a cause just sayin'

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Actualy from what I was told from a good friend that owns a pest control co. head lice like clean oil free hair. As for the crabs Im not poking around that one

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I think it is a mixture of things but I think this does contribute.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You have to give the OP an 'A' for effort in trashing OWS... He is EVERYWHERE, in every thread with even the smallest hint of OWS criticism.

He must be exhausted, poor soul.

Lice outbreak!?... WOW!

Definitely an 'A' for effort ... Effectiveness, probably closer to a 'Z' though.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Lice ? Oh my ..

not surprised expected though.

Becareful the OWS addicts here might get their panties in a bunch .

they are almost as dillusional as the lost campers with youtube goals

Its okay its just lice they say ! its only the begining of hygene problems within these occupy camping sites

tell the occupiers to wake up ! the lice are occupying them ! lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's just the city. I think bug infestations spread faster there and well, they don't have showers.
But these things are all over.

Anyone with a child in kindergarten knows what de-lousing involves.
And lice are not uncommon.
They send kids home from school with this form letter from RID:

Dear Parent or Guardian:
This letter is to inform you that a case of head lice has been discovered in your child's school.
Head lice are nothing to panic or be embarrassed about.
There are 8–12 million cases of head lice in our country each year.

The presence of head lice is in no way indicative of a lack of cleanliness.

In fact, with relatively easy-to-use treatments, lice are easily eliminated.
Should you suspect that your child has been exposed to lice, the following steps may help control the spread of this problem.....etc. www.ridlice.com...

Lice Found at Washoe Elementary School www.kolotv.com...
Lice Found at Chartiers Valley School chartiersvalley.patch.com...

Yeah bugs are gross. You ever see a bed bug?

Even in Victoria's Secret. www.thirdage.com...

Recently, bed bugs were even discovered throughout the metropolitan New York City. The Manhattan location for Victorias Secret discovered the insects in isolated areas on Saturday.

Bed Bugs Found In Locker Rooms At Posh UWS Reebok Sports Club

A slew of sources are reporting that bed bugs have been found in both the men’s and women’s locker rooms at the posh Reebok Club on Columbus & 67th. myupperwest.com...

edit on 7-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If that's true you americans really have a hygiene problem. Delousing happens in Schools? Wow

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

or a terrorist bio-attack and blame the movement

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

yes, especially when his partners in crime
projectvxn
and outcastsearcher are hosting a "list of the crimes of OWS" thread
looks like a saturation attack if one of them doesn't get you the other will

i wont provide links

instead i'll recommend:
Thread Titles and How They Quietly Attempt To Throw Doubt On Topics. by TheMindWar www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You ever seen hundreds of bed bugs ? www.ebaumsworld.com...

Imo this was bound to happen when people occupy the streets for a long time, and it'll only get worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This seems like such a ridiculous issue to point out. I'm surprised the title of this thread didn't contain the words "NEENER NEENER!" or "PWNT!"

I mean, yeah..It's news. Can it really be used to discredit OWS? Well I'm sure you asked some OWS haters it most definitely could.

We could always put a different spin on it. These people are out sacrificing their well being, sleeping in the cold, crowded OWS tent camps in NOVEMBER, contracting colds and parasites, being patriots and fighting peacefully for change.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the lice were purposefully introduced. It might make for a crappy news story, but it's sure to increase the misery of the OWS protester.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave
reply to post by newcovenant

You ever seen hundreds of bed bugs ? www.ebaumsworld.com...

Imo this was bound to happen when people occupy the streets for a long time, and it'll only get worse.

Now why would that be?
Are they bringing their beds?

<<   2 >>

join