It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man stopped for Open Carry in Oregon proves that cops don't understand the law...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
And what was the point in that?

Silly Americans

Common sense (even if its legal) would say if you see a guy walking down the street with a gun will cause alarm.

Brainwashed Europeans.
No. It should not cause any alarm. Legal gun owners commit less gun related crimes than LEO's ( cops).
It's the ignorant fools with badges, that act like they know the law when in fact they do not, and attempt to strong arm you into giving up your legal rights that should cause alarm.

A man with a legal gun should not scare you, nor should it matter.. especially when you can excercise your right to bear arms as well.
It's LEGAL!!!!!

keep in mind, felons/criminals are not allowed to carry a gun in the US.

Fear the man, not the gun.
This is how your guns were taken from you. Such cowardice.

You have been conditioned to fear guns, for so long you have an automatic fear response when you see one legally carried.
That is really sad, and you should really take a long look at why you are so afraid of perfectly legal action.

In fact, I think the "person who called the cops" should get a warning for wasting time and tax dollars having two officers approach a perfctly legal citizen.
and no, the gun on your waist does NOT give police an excuse to come harrass you and more than the t shirt you are wearing.

Open carry is legal in Oregon.
We do not fear guns just because our government tells us so.
The sight of a legal citizen excercising his right to open carry is a beautiful thing, something to be admired, not feared.
Again, frikkin cowards..... open your eyes and get off your sofa.

edit on 11/6/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by roughycannon

Pretty easy to spot the lunatic charging with weapon draw.

The whole "how will you know who the bad guys ?" thing is bull.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Lol, On my first trip to AZ for work training I saw people open carry guns, walking through stores with large buck knifes and such.

As a Californian I was shocked (even though we have open Cary laws for now, I believe they are going away on the first of jan)

I went into a walmart there and they sell shotguns in blister packs like toys... and you know what the first thought in MY head as an American was F--- California I gotta move TO AZ.

I didn't Pee myself at the first sight of a gun, as a responsible gun owner I am aware that not only thugs own guns lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by roughycannon

Pretty easy to spot the lunatic charging with weapon draw.

The whole "how will you know who the bad guys ?" thing is bull.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

yes.
You are supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty, Not GUILTY until we check you out and make sure you are innocent.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Personal freedom and responsibility are wondeful things aren't they? Glad you enjoyed your visit to Arizona. It really is a great place in more ways than just the gun laws.

California is a wondeful place as well. It is a shame that it is being ruined by a bankrupt nanny government.

I say go do what this guy is doing while you still can. Go out and be seen. Bring attention to the real issues and dangers of gun control and other restrictive legislation.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Well here in Illinois we are the only state not to have any sort of carry a gun law in anyway. No conceal carry, no open carry.....

Illinois is the least free state in my opinion.....what the hell am I still doing here

Commiefornia just passed the No Open Carry Law.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The list of california gun restrictions is retarded, I can drive 2 hours and get many of the things California bans as they are completely legal in like 46 of the states... Apperently Californians are to stupid to use these items with out harming themselves are people....

I Have like 7 clips filled for my 9mm, that gives me 70 rounds at the ready because in Ca anything over 10 rounds is Illegal... I can change a clip in less that a second, but if I had a 17 round clip Id just be too dangerous...

I can't buy a collapsible baton here, nor throwing knifes, nor nun chucks, its not just guns California is afraid of, and yet ALL these restrictions don't really hamper any of the crime statistics here
edit on 6-11-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
yes yes, lets all be panic about a pistol or a rifle, it's not like an umbrella is scary.

Folks should respect the rights of others, just cause you are carrying something doesn't make you Dangerous..

"but then it's hard to tell who the crazies are"
when was it supposed to be "EASY"

THIS is the problem with America, everyone wants it easy. Life just aint easy, deal with it and quit trying to make short cuts.

Police SHOULD have to show pictured ID and badges BEFORE they have the right to bust into your house.

"Well, what if they destroy evidence before we can get to them?"
Well Boo Effin Hoo for you, pick a better time and place to apprehend them.

If you are scared of your fellow man for what ever reason, stay the Frack at HOME, You're safety should NEVER infringe on my personal rights.

It's called Personal Responsiblity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Silly Americans

Common sense (even if its legal) would say if you see a guy walking down the street with a gun will cause alarm.

Testing on animals isn't illegal but I'm not gonna set up a stall in the city centre and torture bunny's infront of kids am I?

What a waste of everybody's time.

Common sense says that people should aware of the laws and regulations where they live and not waste law enforcement officers' time, and taxpayer money, reporting a legal activity. Who ever made the call should be cited for filing a false report.

No my point is just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to do it.

Do you want America to end being a place where its "normal" to see people walking about the streets with guns?

How would you spot the "jared de loughner's" in the crowd?

The point is that just because something is legal means you CAN do it.

Walking around with guns just may cut the crime rate. During the days of the "wild west", gun related deaths were higher in the big cities than out west.

In his book, Frontier Violence: Another Look, author W. Eugene Hollon, provides us with these astonishing facts:
•In Abilene, Ellsworth, Wichita, Dodge City, and Caldwell, for the years from 1870 to 1885, there were only 45 total homicides. This equates to a rate of approximately 1 murder per 100,000 residents per year.
•In Abilene, supposedly one of the wildest of the cow towns, not a single person was killed in 1869 or 1870.

Zooming forward over a century to 2007, a quick look at Uniform Crime Report statistics shows us the following regarding the aforementioned gun control “paradise” cities of the east:
•DC – 183 Murders (31 per 100,000 residents)
•New York – 494 Murders (6 per 100,000 residents)
•Baltimore – 281 Murders (45 per 100,000 residents)
•Newark – 104 Murders (37 per 100,000 residents)

Source

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Because it has nothing to do with Crime prevention, nothing at all, its about subduing the masses, and UN-armed citizen is one you don't have to worry about when you strip him of the rest of his rights.

The statistics are nice to know but that was never their real reason for banning guns.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Because it has nothing to do with Crime prevention, nothing at all, its about subduing the masses, and UN-armed citizen is one you don't have to worry about when you strip him of the rest of his rights.

The statistics are nice to know but that was never their real reason for banning guns.

I know.

Things like this remind me of the old saying:
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**."

People with the ignorance, inability or even simple unwillingness to understand truth are easily misled by well phrased lies.
edit on 11/6/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

looks like that state flag of AZ

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

In the business I was in we had a saying, So goes the l.a. Market so goes the rest of the country. I worked for a company in the top 10 of the fortune 500.

Another words if we could do something in Los Angles successfully (good and bad, ie:raise fees, launch a new product), with as much media attention that is there than we could pull it off in every other market in the country.

To a lesser extent it was consider all of Cali as the test bed for new ideas and products in the rest of the country

I fear the gun control of California spreading to the rest of the country. What with how little outrage and coverage that went to the Ban on Open carry here.

Its all part of the police state they are trying to build, why are there 50+ tv shows about cops, and in all of those shows cops are the good guys, rarely do they portray the rampant corruption in the departments, half the shows take place in NY the most corrupt dept out there.

Its all from CA, Hollywood ideas, Guns bad, Cops good.
edit on 6-11-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

That cop said "Someone reported a man walking around with a gun."

haha.. so .. this is actually something I never experienced until I move to the North West. If you open carry for more than an hour you have a very, very, very high chance that a very frightened Liberal will be calling the cops about a dangerous man with a gun. Happens all the time. When I moved here and I was getting my new license I thought open carry would be awesome.. my friends told me don't do it. Get your concealed carry and never show your gun. Because cops here don't care, most of them and their families carry, it's the nut bags who call the cops whenever they see a gun. So we conceal carry and no one calls the cops.

In Washington there is a group that open carry's and walks around parking lots.. they average 10 mins before someone calls the cops. Police show up and usually arrest the individual, to which the group's lawyers like a shark frenzy mob the police with lawsuits.
(the reason they are arrested is that Washington uses an antique form of British Common Law that says if the state doesn't expressly forbid an action or possession it cannot be deemed illegal. Since there is no law outlawing open carry, it cannot be illegal.)

But most cops in the NW are cool about it, unless you're a prick or something. Just listen to what they say, let them inspect the weapon, your license etc .. they're just doing their job.. someone calls they have no choice but to stop you and ask some questions.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Most common, decent Californians are coming to the "F--- California" conclusion lately..
It's only a few more years until the Liberals down there pass a law requiring a state sanctioned official to sit in your living room holding your hand making sure you don't harm yourself watching TV.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Because Calif is a failed state people are leaving in droves.

Even liberals are leaving and where they go they are taking there high and mighty liberal ideas with them and likely the person that reported the people for open carry are EX Calif liberals is very high.

Just keep a eye open and back your own against the flood of Calif liberals in your state.

If you don't your states will end up run by ex Calif liberals.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Guy walking around with a gun in this day and age?
May not be against the law, but if the cops didn't stop him, and he then went to shoot up say.. a K-Mart..

What do you think people would be saying about the cops then?

"Well he had every right!" Derp. It's suspicious.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Like Oregon!
And Washington!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Silly Americans

Testing on animals isn't illegal but I'm not gonna set up a stall in the city centre and torture bunny's infront of kids am I?

What a waste of everybody's time.

You should come to Texas... I see it all the time... Never once caused alarm for me or any of the people around me. What you have to understand is that American culture is not the same as other countries cultures.

In the US guns are big. There is a gun culture here. So what might cause alarm in other countries, may not do so as much here. Like the guy in the video said, he open carries every day and has been stopped a total of twice now in several years...

That should be a good indicator of just how much alarm it causes...

Please do not talk about common sense and then insult Americans calling them silly, when it is evident, you simply do not understand the culture and how things are here.

Thanks.
edit on 6-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No my point is just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to do it.

Do you want America to end being a place where its "normal" to see people walking about the streets with guns?

How would you spot the "jared de loughner's" in the crowd?

Your point makes no sense, I am pretty sure he never said he was doing it just because it was legal.... Did you ask him why he did it? No? Then your point makes no sense.

America is a place where it is normal to see people carrying guns. Cops do it every day. I see lots of people doing it. Your lack of knowledge about US culture is blinding you here.

You must understand that the US is different than your country... Things will be done differently here...

As for the Jareds in the crowd... Did you know that one of the men who helped stop him from doing more harm, had a gun on him? That is true.

You know how they were able to decipher who the bad guy was? The one SHOOTING and killing people was the bad guy....

Common sense there...

edit on 6-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join