It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man stopped for Open Carry in Oregon proves that cops don't understand the law...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Also to add something for once this guy is actually really respectful to the cops. Sometimes we see videos like this and the guy is like "I DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU YOU SCUMBAGS". So I'm glad this guy knows his rights, and how to assert himself in the right way.

What do you think ATS? Also to anyone here who open carrys have you ever had the cops hassle you for it?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. Nice little vid. Good for him for exercising his rights and also being respectful.

Also couldn't help but notice it appears he has an Arizona flag on his hat. He must just know awesomeness when he sees it

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Great video, good find

The one thing that comes to my mind is “Use them or lose them”

Exercise your Rights Daily or Lose your Rights Daily.

edit on 6-11-2011 by brokedown because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I am curious to know as of this date how many people who were innocent and became involved in a simple altercation with Police were shot and killed by the Police who said they were armed based on their open carry. I only ask because I remember in places like New Orleans years ago and even instances in NY and other States where the Police accidentally shot what all witnesses say was an innocent victim based on the fact they said they saw a gun. Sometimes they even put a gun in the victims hand to prove he was armed and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That cop said "Someone reported a man walking around with a gun."

That statement right there shows us all how scared society is getting.
Who knows if they even did report anything or if the cops were lying?
And why are people scared of a man walking with a holstered weapon?
Because the television enables us to fear that man.
Pathetic.

Its ashame that this country is losing its grasp on Honor and Rights.
But by being blasted with fear-driven news and entertainment, they forget our Constitution.
Everyone should see a problem here.
Either with the cops or the people that reported this.

The man wasn't committing a crime, or being a nuisance.
So he legally open carried, just as he is allowed.

But an ignorant society doesn't see it as a legal action.
And in the coming years we will see more of this I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The emblem on his hat….?????.......I have seen it before…..oh ya…….Its the same as the guys down in Arizona who were guarding the protesters……..

So who is this guy..........A lot of information has surfaced since the groups video showed up on Youtube.....

I will leave it up to you to speculate..........

edit on 6-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I also couldn't help but notice he was wearing clothes. Those neo-nazis in Arizona were also wearing clothes. They must both be neo-nazis!

C'mon man, it's just an Arizona flag patch. It isn't synonymous with neo-nazism.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Redwookieaz because: Fat Fingers

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Great video.
Good for him!!!
Know your rights, and know the law.
More people should be doing this.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Oh, Okay wookRed,

As I said speculate for yourself..........

Oregon / Arizona..........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Fair enough my friend

I happen to have an Arizona flag plate on the front of my truck. I live in Coastal SC, at the moment, and am definately NOT a neo-nazi. I don't think they'd take me lol.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
That cop said "Someone reported a man walking around with a gun."

That statement right there shows us all how scared society is getting.
Who knows if they even did report anything or if the cops were lying?

This is a common lie police use to violate your rights.
" someone reported a...."

However, when called out, they never have the person's information that reported it. " it was an anonymous call".

Thugs with badges.
Did you notice the condecending attitude?
No wonder people hate cops.

Attempting to bully a citizen due to their complete ignorance of the laws they are supposed to uphold and enforce.

How does a cop think he can do his job enforcing laws when he doesn't even understand them?
That's like being a mechanic but not knowing how an internal combustion engine works.

why is this ignorace tolerated when it comes to LEO?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
And what was the point in that?

Silly Americans

Common sense (even if its legal) would say if you see a guy walking down the street with a gun will cause alarm.

Testing on animals isn't illegal but I'm not gonna set up a stall in the city centre and torture bunny's infront of kids am I?

What a waste of everybody's time.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

So in your mind carrying a gun is similar to bunny torture in a public place? I would have to disagree. I would say it is more akin to carrying a hammer. Now if he were to start shooting small rodents in a public area, your analogy would make more sense.

Indeed it is a total waste however to exercise your right to be a free human being. After all, only our benevolent governments should be allowed to carry weapons. They will take care of us as they only have our best interests at heart, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

No my point is just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to do it.

Do you want America to end being a place where its "normal" to see people walking about the streets with guns?

How would you spot the "jared de loughner's" in the crowd?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Since someone shot people we should all lose our constitutional rights? I am glad you do not make the laws here.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Since someone shot people we should all lose our constitutional rights? I am glad you do not make the laws here.

Whatever...

Go and turn on the news I'm sure there's another shooting going on right now...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well being from Arizona, I can say at least there, seeing people carrying guns is fairly normal. In addition, we manage to carry those weapons without shootouts on every corner.

I would be a happy man if guns were never invented, but they were. It is important to responsibly exercise your rights or you will lose them.

I am a peaceful guy and firmly believe the path to true liberty and freedom cannot be won with violence but with non-compliance. That said, our right to bear arms is a symbol of our place as free people. It is also a last line of personal defense, IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

well if jared de loughner was in the crowd you might be thankful for a few responsible citizens with guns around.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I really enjoyed the last part where the two cops confer. "This is one of thoes assholes who knows his rights, better let him go." The biggest problem is the masses being brow beat over and over and over till they comply. I for one "WILL" protect my self with whatever is available. One committing a crime should lose most of his rights.
If you knew a house had an armed and knowledge in using it inside, would you want to break in? Not me. As it is, the police show up after its all done and just pick up the pieces. My pieces. When I retire, it will be a RTBA state and I sure will have more than one.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well here in Illinois we are the only state not to have any sort of carry a gun law in anyway. No conceal carry, no open carry.....

Illinois is the least free state in my opinion.....what the hell am I still doing here

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join