It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW

One stop solution and final resolution pistol.

Riflewise; Accuracy int. .308

Shotgunwise: SKB 705 Sporting 12 ga magnum.

These have been my resolutions and after my newly accuired Acc. Int. rifle i am now resolved for all defence scenarios & purposes.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
How common is a .32 ACP round? Not very. Meaning once you're out of ammo you're done.

A long range rifle with a scope (I refrain from calling it a "sniper rifle" since 99.9% of the people that own one aren't snipers.) is valuable.

switch blade? like from the neighborhood mall knife store? I'll take my emerson CQC-7 and meet you in the alley. And "close quarters combat" isn't 80 yards. Close quarters combat is the distance you have sex with someone.

80 yards and closing is M4/shotgun range.
edit on 1-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

Yeah .32acp is not very common, but those who stocked up should have no problem.

As for close quarters combat technically you are correct. I should have said short range targets.

Shotgun is ok but it is kind of slow and bulky. I would much rather have a sub-machine gun(which I don't and I feel jealous of all those individuals who bought pre-84 transferrable licenses). Those weapons did not come cheap though ranging between $5,000 to $30,000!

Sub-Machineguns made after 84 are illegal in the usa afaik.
edit on 12/4/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by tangonine
How common is a .32 ACP round? Not very. Meaning once you're out of ammo you're done.

A long range rifle with a scope (I refrain from calling it a "sniper rifle" since 99.9% of the people that own one aren't snipers.) is valuable.

switch blade? like from the neighborhood mall knife store? I'll take my emerson CQC-7 and meet you in the alley. And "close quarters combat" isn't 80 yards. Close quarters combat is the distance you have sex with someone.

80 yards and closing is M4/shotgun range.
edit on 1-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

Yeah .32acp is not very common, but those who stocked up should have no problem.

As for close quarters combat technically you are correct. I should have said short range targets.

Shotgun is ok but it is kind of slow and bulky. I would much rather have a sub-machine gun(which I don't and I feel jealous of all those individuals who bought pre-84 transferrable licenses). Those weapons did not come cheap though ranging between $5,000 to $30,000!

Sub-Machineguns made after 84 are illegal in the usa afaik.
edit on 12/4/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

$5,000 to $30,000? that's a big deal to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by singledark

That is what happens when the government decides to choke the supply. You have to pay 10-20 times the normal cost for a 20-40 year old USED GUN! Then you take it home and the barrel is all worn out from misuse and lack of maintaince. I have seen plenty of YouTube videos where the guy can't hit a target 50 yards out....

Still machine guns are cool. Too bad they are primarily for the mafia and rich folks!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just to clarify it's actually MAY of 1986 that is the cutoff date for legal machine guns. And as of now there are actually some NFA arms once again going for under 5 grand. And you can get something fairly decent for under ten thousand if you hunt around. Personally if I was going to get an NFA weapon I'd get myself an m2 carbine.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Is it possible to buy a machine gun in europe and then legally declare it at USA customs as your personal property? Do you know anything about this? I heard many ex-communist nations sell them brand new at 1/10th the price in the states.

Not to mention lebanon or palestine where you see people shooting their ak-47 mid air....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

as much as id love never having to touch a weapon in my life , in case the circumstances demand it of me i'd go with number 3 (sniper+smg) .
this combination , paired with teamwork and elaborate tactics as well as proper camouflage and technology allows long range as well as close combat , which increases the possibilities you have when facing a given situation .
in my opinion , the only thing it's worth fighting for at all is freedom . peace my brothaaas

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Just to clarify it's actually MAY of 1986 that is the cutoff date for legal machine guns. And as of now there are actually some NFA arms once again going for under 5 grand. And you can get something fairly decent for under ten thousand if you hunt around. Personally if I was going to get an NFA weapon I'd get myself an m2 carbine.

It's really not a big deal. Unless you're filming a Rambo sequel, you're not going full auto because it's stupid: you won't hit ^&*$.

Any army or marine squad leader will tell you: single fire, only pull on what you can hit.

It's a long walk back to the FOB for more ammo.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

for zombies of course...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

those yours? If so, NICE!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

lol noooo! interwebs those are just some I would use in a zombie 3d apocolyps until the evol change dimension plains.. And I can be myself

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by tangonine

lol noooo! interwebs those are just some I would use in a zombie 3d apocolyps until the evol change dimension plains.. And I can be myself

If the zombie apocalypse hits, everything from a shovel and a lead pipe to a Barett .50 is on the table. Never dismiss the value of a machete!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Honestly if I could afford it I would probably put the money into a class 3 weapon if the right opportunity presented itself. as would many others I know. That being said I prefer aimed fire, but can see the use for the ability to kick off full auto in the right circumstances. I always Laugh a little bit when people come into the forum being all absolutist and saying there is NO USE for full auto. If there really was no use for full auto fire the US military would issue nothing but Semi Auto weapons.... Obviously this is not the case.

Now for us civilians the uses for full auto are much more limited. But as a committed firearms hobbyist I confess the allure is still there. Personally if I could own any class 3 weapon it'd be a tossup between the integrally suppressed sterling or an M2 carbine.
edit on 7-12-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Honestly if I could afford it I would probably put the money into a class 3 weapon if the right opportunity presented itself. as would many others I know. That being said I prefer aimed fire, but can see the use for the ability to kick off full auto in the right circumstances. I always Laugh a little bit when people come into the forum being all absolutist and saying there is NO USE for full auto. If there really was no use for full auto fire the US military would issue nothing but Semi Auto weapons.... Obviously this is not the case.

Now for us civilians the uses for full auto are much more limited. But as a committed firearms hobbyist I confess the allure is still there. Personally if I could own any class 3 weapon it'd be a tossup between the integrally suppressed sterling or an M2 carbine.
edit on 7-12-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

I view full auto as a luxury item that one can probably do without, but it is better to have something that it turns out you don't need, then to need something you never had. The same thing applies with friends where you can never really have enough!

When choosing full-auto, preferably a select fire weapon, I think it is best to go with a low caliber round to maximise control. .32acp and .380acp offer the best balance between mass, velocity and accuracy. The thompson sub-mg, uzi 9mm and skorpion use pistol rounds good up to 80 yards during ideal conditions, but at least 50 yards if windy.

Rifle calibers are good for military operations at long distance and I can see a nato 5.56 or 7.62 overpenetrating and wounding close up which is not ideal. They are thin and long with super muzzle velocity. If you like that then ok, but for most civilians during a zombie apocalyspe or god forbid civil war it seems counter-productive to the cause.

In other words it is good to go with THICK/WIDE BULLETS that are controllable!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ill be arming me and a few friends along for the ride.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
2nd choice

M1 Carbine -

It has superb reliability under the worst field conditions. Its accuracy exceeds that of virtually all the pistol-caliber carbines and submachine guns on the market and is comparable with that of many of the semi-automatic .223 rifles.

Another huge advantage for the M1 carbine is that, unlike most modern firearms, it has pre-ban high capacity 15- and 30-round magazines readily available in quantity at very modest prices. The same holds true for spare parts and accessories.

Ballistically, the M1 carbine's little .30 Carbine cartridge packs about 2.5 times the kinetic energy of a standard .45 ACP or 9mm load fired from a pistol. This is solidly in the energy territory of the .44 Mag. revolver. Indeed it has only 90 ft./lbs. less energy at the muzzle than the Russian 5.45x39mm cartridge and is only a little farther behind the .223 when fired from 14.5" or 16" barreled carbines.

Glock 17 - Its a decent handgun. Its reliable and accurate + the 9mm is a very common bullet so they are not hard to find.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My personal stash:

S&W AR-15 2.23/5.56

Glock 19 9mm

Walther PPS Slim Line .40cal

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
1st choice:
Bushmaster M4 modular with Magpul stock & Grip and Trijicon Acog or similar
Unsure (NZ doesn't allow pistols) so little experience with them but most likely 1911 45 or Glock 21c

2nd choice:
H&K USC 45acp with UMP lower to support extended mags and eotech holo rig
1911 45 or Glock 21c as above

3rd choice:
Remington 700 action 338 lapua in a accuracy international stock with nightforce optics
Kriss Vector 45acp with eotech holo

4th choice:
Benelli M4
Glock 21c

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
22 mag with a short/cb insert,
that way you can suppress operate and relieve your targets of their Government issue

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Easy...

1st choice-

AK-74 in 5.45 x39 converted to fire on fully automatic. With two 45 round mags electric tapped together on the weapon system at all times backed by eight 30 round mags in web gear. Warsaw length stock for quick shouldering and cheek weld. Ultimak mount with a T-1 aimpoint red dot sight mounted up top. Glock 17 rides in my leg holster as my secondary with a 17 rd mag in the gun backed by two spare mags and one 33 rd Glock 18 magazine in the drop pouch. Conversion on stamped Kalishnikov weapon systems are very easy to do with just little common sense and mchinery skills with about $30 dollars worth of kit...but honestly not necessary. I can empty a 45 round Bulgarian magazine using fast hammer and triple pairs in about 4-5 seconds. Further, without any squad support and ammo resupply lines, I would stick to semi or keep your weapons fire selector switch on semi-automatic. This weapon is tits.

I love my Bulgarin 74. Next to no recoil, threaded chrome lined barrel, all Bulgarian parts with Novak receiver. The 5.45 round by the way is superior to 5.56 for combat. The 5.45 x39 has an inch long bullet with a ballistic coefficient of greater than .31 due to the long streamlined bullet and because of the hollow cavity in the bullet nose, the round offsets its center of gravity producing an erratic wound path and massive internal damage. Also the round generates less recoil than 5.56 making follow up shots a breeze. The cartridge is less likely to jam compared to the long narrow 5.56 case. Weapon ways the same as the 16 inch barreled AR systems and the sight radius is the same as well. I have thought about upgrading to peep sights but find the tangent sights have the edge for rapid target acquisition without red dot at close range up to about 100 yards. Admittedly the 5.56 can cause more traumatic wounds at close range if the bullet fragments which isn't guaranteed especially out of anything less than a 20 inch barrel which the cartridge was designed for.

2nd choice- same as above on semi.

3rd and 4th... Dunno, maybe a Remington 700 in .308 or probably just a good mosin nagant carbine with a shoulder pad! Machine pistol would have to be a PPSH-41 of course! A Mossberg 500 would be nice... With an 18 inch barrel and plain bead sight with a folding stock.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Sneakymullet because: Forgot shotgun lol

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join