It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arc of the Covenant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Many of you have probably hear dof this Arc which is said to have contain the ten commandment said to have been stored by moses as a message from god. Does this exist? If so did the Nazi's find it? (Hitler was searching for this I have read)? Is it possible that there is some mystical power behind this?

Arc of the Covenant

Ark of the Covenant 2

Is it possible that this would put into question other religions and further antagonise religious wars throughout the world?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I am a remote viewer and have read your mind. You have been watching Raiders Of The Lost Ark on BBC1.

Good question though. After watching the film it made me wonder where the saying "keep a lid on it" comes from.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread! Just watched it myself at work!

I have heard that it is kept in a sanctuary in Ethiopia, and it is looked after by a Guardian, the only man allowed to see it. I'll see if I can find some info.....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is in fact a man who claimed to have found the Ark of the Covenant, which the Bible tells about, in a cave (Jeremiah's Grotto) beneath the Calvary (greek: Golgotha; latin: Calvaria), where Jesus Christ was sacrificed. He didn't only find the Ark, but also the blood of Jesus Christ!

Read the story here:
www.wyattarchaeology.com...

I don't know if it's true, but in a way, it does make sense. The priests used to sprinke animal-blood on the Ark as a sacrifice to God. This practice was an image of the sacrifice of the Christ, why couldn't his blood still be there?

1John 5:8 "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
King Solomon took the Arc of the Covenant to Ethipoia and that is where it has been for the past 2,500 years.

It's not in a secret grotto underneath the place where Jesus died on the cross with his blood. Wake up out of that fairy tale.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ark in Ethiopia

Thats one link out of thousands, look on Google for Ark of the Covenant and Ethiopia

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
LMAO!!! I really have to go with Ethiopia as well, but if you Google for Ark of the Covenant and look at more than one page, you will find that the Ark could be in any one of a multitude of places, ranging anywhere from Rome to Antarctica, to America, to Up my butt (which, I must say, I really don't believe... more like I hope not
). Anyways, humor aside, you get my drift

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Indiana Jones is a good series, but people on the board have been watching too much lately. First a post about the holy grail then this

King Solomon took the Arc of the Covenant to Ethipoia and that is where it has been for the past 2,500 years.

Do you know where it is then illmatic?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ark of the Covenant went to heaven....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bottom line is, nobody knows where it is. Most likely, it has rotted away or has been destoyed in one of the hundreds of wars that have occured since it was last seen.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Unlikely to have rotted away, as it was made of gold.............

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd check out one of the several threads already started about the ark here in ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant which held the Ten Commandments was discovered by American professor, archeologist, and US spy Indiana Jones, in Egypt in 1938. It currently resides in a wooden crate in a warehouse in the Naval Weapons Research lab in Almagorda, NM, where it has remained undisturbed since transport to the US in September, 1938. Scientists fear the holy power of the vessel. The last time the vessel was opened on a Mediterranian island by Nazi Germans operating under a secret mission to discover the power of the Ark, the disastrous results were recorded on a prototype German video recorder. Results were:

Gestapo researcher Toht: Face Melted - fatal

Vichy French archeologist Dr. Rene Belloq: Spontaneous combustion - fatal

SS Obsterfuhrer Heinz Deitrich: Spontaneous bodily implosion - fatal

50 generic Nazi bad guys - internal combustion of bodily organs from piercing white rays of light - fatal

The only way to survive the opening of the Ark is to prove penetance by keeping your eyes closed and cowering in fear and humility. This is how Dr. Jones and a female companion of his survived the opening of the ark even while Nazi interlopers who hoped to harness its power were vaporized in horrible ways.

The ark also toys with its victims before totally killing them with real ultimate power.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by amike555]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Its in Ethopia, or at least its a replica.

In a small hut with a high fence around it. 4 guards stand around it with guns and swords and only 1 man is allowed to see the Ark within the hut. You might ask why the hell is one of the most sacred things in Ethopia, well Africa is such as misunderstood country with a history that has been wiped off mondern teaching.

Any army could easily walk in and take it, its the reason why they don't that interests me most!

There was a program about it on BBC2 a couple of years ago.

exodus2006.com...
exodus2006.com...
exodus2006.com...
www.selamta.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I actually have a documentary named "Hitler's Search for the Holy Grail [digitaldistractions].avi" which I found on BitTorrent or here www.suprnova.org...

its 349mb and its 56 minutes long.... I haven't watched it yet, but I will soon and let you know my results..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well I just watched that documentary, ... its not awhole lot about hitler as it was himmler (of the SS) I duly recommend downloading it if you can find it still.

I had no idea the resources they pooled, all the museums, libraries, historical evidences...

I think that their ideas were right, mind you only part of their ideas,
not the killing, killing, and oh umm, killing...
But the fact they travelled ALL over the world and collected evidence and data (already deceased, not conviently made deceased)
If there were a NON-BIASED Society that did that today, we'd have a lot more information about US as humans.... We're all pretty dumb, Admit it, wouldn't you like to know about the planet as a whole? not divided into countries and "bullstuff", I think something like this should exist, *cough cough* but tell us what they find, non-biasedly *cough cough* CiA. .. (or the government at large)
but of course it would be suppressed, ridiculed, and "debunked" but why? so the government can control you.... OMG my hair isn't silky smooth! I need some Conditioner... WOW! Really, I get $1000 Cashback When I buy your vehicle (which costs like $23,000) I'm going to get 2! Really? I can get a hard-on again! Awesome, Like sure thats important, but shouldn't we have more educational things on? Most television is gears towards a 7-14 year old audience, even though it may say 19+, I guarantee you. Everything set before us is dumbed down, like even our president and I mean that globally, Bush is everyones president, give me a break, you don't think the US controls everything, even if we do go to war, minus the Nukes, the things the government has/had its hands on make the nuke seem like nothing and I gaurantee you that. But thats just MHO

So redflag this IRD

[edit on 3/9/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread! Just watched it myself at work!

I have heard that it is kept in a sanctuary in Ethiopia, and it is looked after by a Guardian, the only man allowed to see it. I'll see if I can find some info.....

Actualy, thats the story used in Indiana Jones movie with Sean Connery :p Only the Holy Grail was in the cave in that movie :p

EDIT: title of the other movie was "The Last Crusaders"

[edit on 3-9-2004 by thematrix]

kix

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The ark is so POWERFUL that it makes Cheesy Hollywood effects on people.....

Now I am scared......

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Unlikely to have rotted away, as it was made of gold.............

The Ark was not made of solid gold, more likely it was made of Acacia wood that was painted gold, or had gold leaf. The nomadic Hebrews were far too poor to have constructed a solid gold Ark.
There are many theories as to the fate of the Ark, but only two make much sense. One possibility is that it was destroyed by the Babylonian army when they captured Jerusalem. Another, is that it, or whats left of it, is buried below the ruins of the Temple Mount.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by apw100]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join