It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Christ in the First Word of the Bible - In the beginning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I have an idea. Let's negotiate the age. I am willing to give you 7,000 years. Do you accept? I completely agree, and it is true that some people believe this stuff. It reminds me of the flat-earthers, lol...They're more hard-core than any ATS member...sad really.

there is not one single difference between flat earthers and christians.

How ignorant can you be? Seriously it was the bible that said the earth was round thousands of years before modern science caught up.

edit on 30-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I have an idea. Let's negotiate the age. I am willing to give you 7,000 years. Do you accept? I completely agree, and it is true that some people believe this stuff. It reminds me of the flat-earthers, lol...They're more hard-core than any ATS member...sad really.

How ignorant can you be? Seriously it was the bible that said the earth was round thousands of years before modern science caught up.

im not saying they are the same thing in theory
but they require the same level of ignorance and social brainwashing to believe..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The passage saying the earth is round ( I assume this is the evidence) is Isaiah 40:22: He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Sounds like a flat earth theory to me....circles are not inclusive of a three dimensional object..not then and not now

Odd how the bible only includes the areas of power relevant to the time period it was written in don't you think?

Not one strait forward mention of the rest of the world, although as an omnipotent god it would have known to of included this information considering its importance to the future of the people inhabiting the planet.

I know all the christians here are going to quote some cryptic verse from the bible and say there it is, he mentioned it. But in reality you are just attributing an archaic fairy tail to modern events so what is the point? People of religion will continue to lean on the crutch of their faith. Because it easier to read a book that tells them how to behave than to use their own brain.

edit on 30-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

reply to post by mileysubet

Well lets keep this on-topic... So why do you have a problem with the earth being 6000 years old?

*raises hand*

I know what their huge problem is with a 6,000 year old Earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well lets keep this on-topic... So why do you have a problem with the earth being 6000 years old?

*raises hand*

Oh Oh I do to teacher....

It makes absolutely no sense with our free will observations of our surroundings.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

*raises hand*

It makes absolutely no sense with our free will observations of our surroundings.

Of course it won't make sense to you. You reject the word of God and choose to live by your own standard, which is no standard at all...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Nope. Strike one.

It's "too" btw, which is a synonym for "also".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

*raises hand*

Of course it won't make sense to you. You reject the word of God and choose to live by your own standard, which is no standard at all...

Is that all you as a "person of god" can come up with? You seem to be here, or according to your bible are here to spread the word of your god, but all you come with are silly statements on how I am not worthy by your standards, is this what your bible has taught you?

Of course I reject the "word of god" he has not and neither have you proven anything to me.

You seem to think you are some kind of Jedi knight or something waving your prophetic sword around. But the truth is that there is no such thing as a light saber and there is no such thing as the god you speak of, there is no proof of your all powerful god, you fell for the mind# of the ages, and refuse to admit it, because it is all you have, If you loose that then you will have nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Nope. Strike one.

It's "too" btw, which is a synonym for "also".

Shucks I didn't realize we got "strikes" here, I should have more careful of my grammar usage.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

God doesn't need to prove himself to anyone... He created you and the world your living in, that should be suffcient proof that you have a creator. The problem is determining which is the true creator, because their are many false religions that claim to be just that. Its obvious by your tone that you have a big rebellious attitude and hate God and are on militant atheist agenda to attack the Christian faith because your heart is hardened and you would rather live a life of sin. Well that's your decision and no one is going to stop you from doing that, but just remember if you don't change your ways you will have your reward now on earth and it will be the humble abode of ever lasting torment when your mortal body dies. You have been exposed to the word of God, and you chose to reject it, there for you will be without excuse on judgement day. If you are not property of Christ, by default you have pledged your allegiance to satan. I do not think I am better than anyone else, but I am confident in the knowledge that I have the truth on my side. So your comments about light sabres are extremely immature.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

but I am confident in the knowledge that I have the truth on my side

How do you know you have the truth on your side?

How do you know that your teacher has thought you the truth?

-Gods creation did not take 6000 years. Gods creation started in the last sentence of verse 2. And with verse 3.

-How long did it take for God to say; Let there be light?

-How long did it take God to divide the light from the darkness? Did God really have to divide the light from darkness? Wouldn't let there be light do the job?

-How long is this day? He did this and called it the first day.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I was interested, right up until he mentioned the beginning being 6000 years ago. I'm always interested to hear about topics that pertain to the bible, as it peaks my interests as a history buff, but I tend to like my bible talk to be a little more grounded (and obviously imo I don't consider the notion of the earth being 6k years old as "grounded")

I've seen a few of your pro-christian threads pop up SE, was just wondering if you believe the world is only 6000 years old as well?

Not trying to hate, just curious.

ETA

I'll probably watch the rest now, always good to learn why you disagree with a view instead of being an ignorant nay sayer. Thanks for your time.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

I have no biblical reason to believe that the earth is only 6000 years old. I have every reason to believe that our present week on earth is 6000 years old as outlined in the Bible. Each week, the earth is renewed to a new creation. God is the ancient of days and promises a new heaven and a new earth. We also know that there were previous times and ages from reading various places in the Bible.

The Bible states that time started in the beginning when God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter) and said, let there be light (Energy). No dates are assigned.

In Genesis 1:27, it calls reality an image. No dates are assigned. As far as we know, we are a projection of energy and light in an image. Can an image be projected in 6 days? I cannot limit God to projecting it in 6 seconds. Just because I cannot conceive of the technology does not mean it can't exist.

Many theories on our universe state that it is an illusion of two dimensional space in a plane. Our consciousness sees it as expansive when it is really localized to consciousness. We really do not have a way to know yet, but the possibilities are endless with energy and perception. To presume we know when it was projected and how it was done from 200 years of science is not something I will stake my pride on at this moment in history. I still have 15,000 more days to live. I'll wait and find out.

edit on 30-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Thanks for addressing my question.

I like your answer, it's the best argument I've ever heard for the whole 6k year thing. Though I am not convinced myself, you're answer seems logical, and was quite interesting, thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thanks for addressing my question.

I like your answer, it's the best argument I've ever heard for the whole 6k year thing. Though I am not convinced myself, you're answer seems logical, and was quite interesting, thank you.

Take a look at my article on the physics of God. LINK You may find that there is a much more intellectual approach to reading the word of God that allows us to see divine justice in light of Jesus words, "You must be born again." Being born again is literal and figurative. We are actually born again into new life, as our soul cannot die. We are also shepherded by God to new life as we live. The universe is full of dwelling places for us to learn and collapse the indeterminate wave of infinity. Also, take a look at my glossary of biblical terms. LINK

edit on 30-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

If you have a problem with the earth being 6k years, then may i hear from you how old the earth really is?

Dont you?

It's obvious isn't it that the world is not six thousand years old.

The thing with this is that you can check it out for real and more than one person can show you the evidence. You cannot provide any evidence what so ever, just the claim in the bible that earth is six thousand years old.

And if not, then please feel free to present your evidence, I wait in patience.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Bible states that time started in the beginning when God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter) and said, let there be light (Energy). No dates are assigned.

God never created space, because space is what God is. Heaven and earth is What God created.

The only place God could create heaven and earth is within him self ( within the space).

If God is infinite, God can only create "of him self" and "within him self".

After God had said; Let there be light "verse 3 and after God divided the light from darkness verse 4.
And in verse 5 he said it was the first day. That is a date.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I was interested, right up until he mentioned the beginning being 6000 years ago. I'm always interested to hear about topics that pertain to the bible, as it peaks my interests as a history buff, but I tend to like my bible talk to be a little more grounded (and obviously imo I don't consider the notion of the earth being 6k years old as "grounded")

I've seen a few of your pro-christian threads pop up SE, was just wondering if you believe the world is only 6000 years old as well?

Not trying to hate, just curious.

ETA

I'll probably watch the rest now, always good to learn why you disagree with a view instead of being an ignorant nay sayer. Thanks for your time.

The world being created 6,000 years ago comes from the analogy that to God a 1000 years is like a day to him. This may not be the literal meaning. I have always thought that it was just an analogy describing how God views time being outside of it. The ancients had no concept of millions or billions of years, or even trillions so God gave them a system of time they could understand with their primitive human minds in order to give them a rudimentary idea of what time is like for him.

This always raises the question of wether or not there were dinosaurs when the adama and eve walked the earth as there have been human footprints found walking beside dinosaur footprints embedded in rock the same age over 100 million years old. Could the adama and eve have lived for milions of years before they fell? I believe so. Why do i believe this? Because when they were created they were made to live forever, and until they fell from grace theres no telling how much time passed outside of time, because time for man didn't begin until the father and mother fell from grace and began to die. Also because when Lucifer first came to eve to decieve her he appeared as a serpent on 2 legs (possibly like a velociraptor). That is when time began, when our progenitors began to die, the clock started ticking and the countdown began to when mankind would meet his final judgement.
edit on 30-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

To presume we know when it was projected and how it was done from 200 years of science is not something I will stake my pride on at this moment in history.

This sentence is a pretty good indication of the motivation behind all your posts, PRIDE.

That, and your make-believe fairy world which you want to be the Pied Piper of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join