It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Christ in the First Word of the Bible - In the beginning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Actually this is not a historical fact , see here for a simple example ;- news.nationalgeographic.com...

if you use this amazing thing that is called a browser and start searching the internet, you will see there are discoveries of many different skeletons, some going back to 100 000 years, if you are to ignorant to go and look for yourself, then i am not about to do the work for you.

enjoy, or keep living your bs, the choice is your's.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

this is for everyone..and it will provoke the reaction i provide in next post.

warning....god given logic and reasoning..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
6000 years old ok explain this place whats 11000 years old or did God put it there to trick us?
www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I can't watch the video, the link says it's private. But I think I know what it's going to say about the WORD and IN THE BEGINNING stuff.

Please skip to the 1 minute mark to get to the part about the "WORD!"

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Saw this yesterday lol

so the word is only word when you say it, it becomes a thing that is a word lol

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, I had to go find your original post, to get the link to post here. Gave me quite the laugh yesterday in that other thread. HERE

Credit where credit is due. Sorry for going off topic...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by mileysubet

With that sought of attitude you are not deserving for any answers. Try humbling yourself and I will be happy to answer any question you may have.

Humbling myself to you?

With that post and your crackpot views of who you think you may be, I think your days on ATS are in short supply.

Wow could you be any more insulting? Someone believe different then you so their a crackpot? I don't agree with the posters views but I don't think they deserve to be called names over it. Saying his days are numbered here seems like a threat as well.
Grow up.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What do you make of this since you claim there is no evidence?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

If you have a problem with the earth being 6k years, then may i hear from you how old the earth really is?

Dont you?

It's obvious isn't it that the world is not six thousand years old.

The thing with this is that you can check it out for real and more than one person can show you the evidence. You cannot provide any evidence what so ever, just the claim in the bible that earth is six thousand years old.

And if not, then please feel free to present your evidence, I wait in patience.

The science you quote as proof is not proof at all as carbon dating has proven to be not entirely accurate. Lots of carbon dated materials make no sense in our current timeline.

Its time to admin we humans don't have all the answers and some we have are based on flawed theories/science.

Open your mind a bit, it might help to see all sides more clearly instead of sticking to someone elses guns think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
From Adam to Moses their name meaning is the whole story of the Bible and meaning of Christ.

www.bible-codes.org...

edit on 30-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The Bible states that time started in the beginning when God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter) and said, let there be light (Energy). No dates are assigned.

God never created space, because space is what God is. Heaven and earth is What God created.

The only place God could create heaven and earth is within him self ( within the space).

If God is infinite, God can only create "of him self" and "within him self".

After God had said; Let there be light "verse 3 and after God divided the light from darkness verse 4.
And in verse 5 he said it was the first day. That is a date.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

You have good intuitive knowledge. The Hebrew tradition is that God opened a void within Himself as a womb for creation. He also opens a void inside us to be filled by our choice. We can choose to fill it with selfish persuits or we can fill it with spiritual fruit. Only what we give to others can fill the void properly. This is a reflection of what God has done for us. The womb of a woman is a picture of the same. The womb of the earth is yet another picture of the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

To presume we know when it was projected and how it was done from 200 years of science is not something I will stake my pride on at this moment in history.

This sentence is a pretty good indication of the motivation behind all your posts, PRIDE.

That, and your make-believe fairy world which you want to be the Pied Piper of.

We all have a perspective to share. I didn't judge yours by expressing mine. I simply stated my view as it is. My only pride is in the amazing reality God provides us. The mystery is there to decipher as God intends. This reality is an exercise for our minds eye to experience the fruit of knowledge. If you have a better explanation, feel free to share. We can learn from each other.

2 Peter

2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nowhere in the Bible does it give an age for the Earth. Just because some Bishop can count backwards, doesn't prove the Earth is 6,000 years old. That's just when the stories originated if they were remotely true.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

He also opens a void inside us to be filled by our choice. We can choose to fill it with selfish persuits or we can fill it with spiritual fruit.

What would you say if i told you that our future is already written. Every move You and I will make is already decided.
God planted a seed (our existence) and it will grow (expand) like it was intended to grow (expand). Each fruit(life) that the seed brings forth is the fruit of the seed. We can not alter the course of our faith by choice, because we are not the creator of the seed. "We are offspring from the seed".
The growing seed can not alter its course, because the seed has no authority to make choices. It must become what God has intended for it to become.

If you planted a apple tree in your garden, you would expect it to grow into a apple tree. And produce apples.
You would be pretty amazed if the seed made a choice to become a banana tree instead. But you know the seed has no choice but to become a apple tree, and produce apples.

Do you think the apples have a choices?

If we had the authority to make changes/choices the Bible would never have been written.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

2 Peter 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
For one thing, 2 Peter to me is a forgery and not a book I would quote to use as back-up for any point I was trying to make.
The evidence for why someone would make a forgery like this should be made clear by how you are trying to use this now. Setting yourself up as self-appointed authority and making everyone else your subjects, to be cowered in your august presence. Well no thanks, I do not recognize you as lord and only as a squirming maggot in the service of your own master, Satan, who puffs you up full of arrogance, thinking you serve the victorious.
Well that victory only lasts until you die, them the true God and master will cast you into eternal hell, with your god, the devil.

edit on 30-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Do we have the correct distance estimated for star locations, and are we correct with our knowledge on the speed of light? If so, we have observed the light of stars hundreds of millions of light years away, then we have observed those same stars go supernova. That means that from the point that the star exploded, it took those millions of years for the light to reach us so that we can observe it.

Now, if you believe that the earth and the universe were all created with that 7 day period, then the earth has to be AT LEAST millions of years old.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

He also opens a void inside us to be filled by our choice. We can choose to fill it with selfish persuits or we can fill it with spiritual fruit.

What would you say if i told you that our future is already written. Every move You and I will make is already decided.
God planted a seed (our existence) and it will grow (expand) like it was intended to grow (expand). Each fruit(life) that the seed brings forth is the fruit of the seed. We can not alter the course of our faith by choice, because we are not the creator of the seed. "We are offspring from the seed".
The growing seed can not alter its course, because the seed has no authority to make choices. It must become what God has intended for it to become.

If you planted a apple tree in your garden, you would expect it to grow into a apple tree. And produce apples.
You would be pretty amazed if the seed made a choice to become a banana tree instead. But you know the seed has no choice but to become a apple tree, and produce apples.

Do you think the apples have a choices?

If we had the authority to make changes/choices the Bible would never have been written.

God has foreknowledge. I have often said that I think we are merely riding the wave of creation and experiencing what has already happened. Many places in various texts lead us down that road, including the Bible. You may be correct. Again, it's another mystery.

Rumi the Sufi says this:

"Lay aside caution; it cannot help thee against destiny."

I see a paradox with destiny. Yes, we ride the wave of creation as intended, but we also have a choice to move and think as we move through the forest. The trees are fixed, but we have the option to navigate between streams. Our actions affect others and ourselves as we move. We can also create. This does not change what happens overall. Some of the characters in the play are likely fixed automatons.

I covered this on my blog once. LINK

I wrote another article where I envision creation as happening in the 'now' of the moment. This is another take on the same subject as we reflect the past forward. LINK

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I just remembered yet another reflection I made on this subject. Here is the quote. LINK

"Think of it a different way. God composes the symphony from beginning to end. We are the performers, able to produce our unique performance of the score that God provides. Like musicians, we can play out of tune at times, rush and play two loudly or softly. We can even choose disbelief, arrogantly refusing to play. The only way to achieve purpose, however, is to follow the notes God provides to our perspectives, with our own unique musicianship.

We also have the ability to create things that God could not anticipate. Mozart, Bach, the Movie Avatar and so on. It's all a reflection of the story God tells. Have you ever wondered why every movie seems to tell the same story of the good guy winning in the end by trials and struggles? Isn't it obvious? We are God's mirror. The question is, what do we reflect back to Him about who we are becoming? We know what God's story tells us. What does our story tell God? We are in His image. We can create, just like Him. "

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

2 Peter 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
For one thing, 2 Peter to me is a forgery and not a book I would quote to use as back-up for any point I was trying to make.
The evidence for why someone would make a forgery like this should be made clear by how you are trying to use this now. Setting yourself up as self-appointed authority and making everyone else your subjects, to be cowered in your august presence. Well no thanks, I do not recognize you as lord and only as a squirming maggot in the service of your own master, Satan, who puffs you up full of arrogance, thinking you serve the victorious.
Well that victory only lasts until you die, them the true God and master will cast you into eternal hell, with your god, the devil.

edit on 30-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

You are presenting your perspective. We each have the option to sit back and read or share what we know. We are all blind men describing fire. If we work together, we can each see that love conquers all. It's the point of the entire story of reality. Everyone has a perspective and point of reference to see creation. I am expressing mine.

2 Peter 1

19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

There is only one true interpretation of scripture. None of us hold it. Jesus was the fulfillment of the Word and lived it to fulfillment for us. I only rest on Him for salvation. All streams simply spill back to the root they came from.

"The Source of Truth
The world contains many creeds and faiths, but one central truth should not be overlooked: The flow of all we know is made up of many branches from the same stream, a great river divided many times over. The raging torrent of this river may be blocked by disbelief, but the main body of the flow emanating from the source will never be confined in one place for long. Realizing the initial first cause that governs the universe is the preliminary step for navigating the stream. All scholarship throughout history is a struggle against this flowing current as it meanders its way back to the original spring of creation." LINK

Again, this is my freedom to freely express my faith in my own words and by my own perspective and frame of reference.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

What we all have to realize is that there are billions of people on this planet and there are billions of different opinions on the subject of God. What I find interesting is the number of people who criticize the "Christian" God when they know nothing of Him. They hear stories, comments, and opinions of others, and somehow they feel that gives them a right to be critical of Him. If you are truly interested in the answers to some of your questions, then ask for answers, ask Him for answers, and if you want the truth, the real truth of it all, He will answer.

And I'm not talking about the answer to the "6,000 year old earth" question. Your attitude and comments suggest you need much more pertinent answers. But only you know what they are.

But please, stop with the insults to a God you know nothing about. It just makes others more aware of how sad you really are, once they get past the initial anger. For it is anger that you use to hide behind. You are full of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join