It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Story of Christ in the First Word of the Bible - In the beginning

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This video outlines the story of Christ in the first word of the Bible. Very interesting.




posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I was interested, right up until he mentioned the beginning being 6000 years ago. I'm always interested to hear about topics that pertain to the bible, as it peaks my interests as a history buff, but I tend to like my bible talk to be a little more grounded (and obviously imo I don't consider the notion of the earth being 6k years old as "grounded")

I've seen a few of your pro-christian threads pop up SE, was just wondering if you believe the world is only 6000 years old as well?

Not trying to hate, just curious.

 
ETA

I'll probably watch the rest now, always good to learn why you disagree with a view instead of being an ignorant nay sayer. Thanks for your time.




edit on 30-10-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


in the beginning of the bible; man created the words.
the end



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Stopped watching at 1:03 when he stated the"beginning was 6000 years ago".


I cant believe religious folks still believe this planet was created only 6000 years ago, with today's observations of the planet.

OK so let say the "god" did create the planet 6k years ago, and aged it to its current state. Because with simple observation we know it is much older than that. Most thinking and observant religious persons are aware of this.

1. Why would that be needed (to age the planet)

2. If a god did this then it also knew it would create confusion and denial of his existence (from all accounts a god is omnipotent and if that is not the case then it isn't a god), because of that confusion.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


I'm baffled at why you stopped watching at that point... If you have a problem with the earth being 6k years, then may i hear from you how old the earth really is? I'll be waiting for your wisdom on this matter. Thanks.

edit on 30-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by mileysubet
 


I'm baffled at why you stopped watching at that point... If you have a problem with the earth being 6k years, then may i hear from you how old the earth really is? I'll be waiting for your wisdom on this matter. Thanks.

edit on 30-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)



I understand why you are baffled, as I have read some of your other posts.

Get your head out of the fairy tale book you call a bible for awhile and take a look at the environment around you.


I suppose it is too much to ask if you have any logical and factual input to my questions...
edit on 30-10-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


With that sought of attitude you are not deserving for any answers. Try humbling yourself and I will be happy to answer any question you may have.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by mileysubet
 


With that sought of attitude you are not deserving for any answers. Try humbling yourself and I will be happy to answer any question you may have.



Humbling myself to you?

With that post and your crackpot views of who you think you may be, I think your days on ATS are in short supply.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


Well lets keep this on-topic... So why do you have a problem with the earth being 6000 years old?



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
 




 



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by mileysubet
 


Well lets keep this on-topic... So why do you have a problem with the earth being 6000 years old?



And yet again you completely ignore my original questions. Are they not in your script or what?


The problems I have where stated by means of questions in my first post....



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm a christian and i believe the earth is older than 6,000 years old. for example Genesis 1:2 should read "And the earth became waste and desolate" indicating there was a cataclysmic event prior to the renovation of the earth and creation of Man. Also God said "Replenish" the earth.
My reason is not without some kind of proof or precedence for example God wiped out the inhabitants with a flood during the time of Noah, bible records he will do it again but, this time he will completely burn the earth and heavens purging it with fire and renovating it again. Now the recreation even is only 6,000 years old
the event where God created all the plants, animals, man&woman in my opinion. The earth and the universe though i believe is a lot lot lot older. I don't think we really know to be honest. When we think we know we find something else that changes that theory. I just believe the bible how i see it and that's how i see it. if there are any christians that don't believe me research the words "Tohu" and "Bohu" and the original hebrew words in first Chapter of Genesis for this conclusion.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


You didn't ask any questions... I do not see even one question mark... All I see is a rant from a very bitter God hating individual.

edit on 30-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My issue is with the entire christian religion and what it considers to be a "god", not just with the fact that some christians really believe that the earth is 6000 years old. That is just part of the ridiculousness I find absurd.


What kind of Person believes that their god god is a mercy full god who has killed the inhabitants of its creation multiple times...AND WANTS THEM TO REMEMBER IT? As if that is not enough tells them it will happen again to those who don't bow down to it.

The god of the christian bible is petty.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Oh and if you reference the christian bible, I consider your argument null and void. It would be akin to me referencing the works of Shakespeare for my argument.

Choose to look around you and think for your self.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
My issue is with the entire christian religion and what it considers to be a "god", not just with the fact that some christians really believe that the earth is 6000 years old. That is just part of the ridiculousness I find absurd.


What kind of Person believes that their god god is a mercy full god who has killed the inhabitants of its creation multiple times...AND WANTS THEM TO REMEMBER IT? As if that is not enough tells them it will happen again to those who don't bow down to it.

The god of the christian bible is petty.


My friend, You show a genuine ignorance and complete lack of bible understanding.

I would also be very interested to hear why you find an earth of 6000 years old to be absurd though, do you have any evidence to the contrary?



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have an idea. Let's negotiate the age. I am willing to give you 7,000 years. Do you accept? I completely agree, and it is true that some people believe this stuff. It reminds me of the flat-earthers, lol...They're more hard-core than any ATS member...sad really.



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I have an idea. Let's negotiate the age. I am willing to give you 7,000 years. Do you accept? I completely agree, and it is true that some people believe this stuff. It reminds me of the flat-earthers, lol...They're more hard-core than any ATS member...sad really.


I accept anything from 6000-10,000 years old because there is no archaeological or historical evidence of man kind existing before 6000 years ago. This is a historical fact and not debatable.

What has flat-earth got to do with this though?



posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by mileysubet
My issue is with the entire christian religion and what it considers to be a "god", not just with the fact that some christians really believe that the earth is 6000 years old. That is just part of the ridiculousness I find absurd.


What kind of Person believes that their god god is a mercy full god who has killed the inhabitants of its creation multiple times...AND WANTS THEM TO REMEMBER IT? As if that is not enough tells them it will happen again to those who don't bow down to it.

The god of the christian bible is petty.


My friend, You show a genuine ignorance and complete lack of bible understanding.

I would also be very interested to hear why you find an earth of 6000 years old to be absurd though, do you have any evidence to the contrary?


How is it that i have displayed an "ignorant" understanding to the christian bible?

Well it may be that I am ignorant to what was meant by what was displayed by the bible, so would you as a mortal care to explain the issues that I am ignorant to that a omnipotent god failed to?



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join