It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Less happy, more happy, always happy.
Why cant only be a happymetter?
Tell me one good reason.
If we want, there is only one scale to measure how we feel and it goes from 1 to infinite, always happy.
Why not?
To not be happy is lack of intelligence, its stupid, its dumb, we have been deceived, life doesn't have to be always up and downs. Its like that if we let happiness depend on events that we cant control 100%, like health, money, sex, beauty, cars, career, whatever, there are endless temporary, uncontrollable sources of happiness/light/positive energy (joy, security, love, pleasure, all the positive emotions).
They are false light sources because they always end, leaving us in the darkness suffering, like a drug addict without dope.
But our feelings don't really depend on outside forces because they are ours, its emotions, positive emotions.
Why cant we control our emotions? I can, we can. But i didn't know that, i wasn't aware. I do now, its a fact, its not a belief.
I believe the great illuminated ones knew this but they left the earth, they finished this game (some are here helping, but are a minority)
Whats left is a collective of dumb people who believe that to feel good they need things outside of themselves that never last... And we look around and everyone is like that. The ones that became emotionally free left the earth, they don't need this game anymore, they graduated. So we believe life is like this. We have been like this. Its time to stop this stupid wheel, always running in the same place, because we don't learn!
Its time we end this and be free, its time we feel good just because we want, because we can, its our emotions, we control them.
Why do we let people and all kinds of events and things that we cant control rule our emotions? Its slavery, its emotional slavery, until we rise up and claim full control of our emotions we will never be free.
Its not this bad world, or them, or her, or the banksters, its not god or bad luck, its we, can we rule your emotions?
Sure we can.
Maybe not now, but if we create that habit of not being dependent of the outside, it will defeat the old habit of letting other forces rule our emotions.
The mind works with habits, we can create an habit of full control of our emotions, if we watch our emotions and just control them.
The new good habit will take over, and once it does, its easy, you start being always happy, sometimes more, sometimes less, but always happy. Don't give up in the process believing your old habit cant be thrown away. It can.
Take back your emotional power and be free. Start now.
Less happy, more happy, but always happy
(i know this is comic)
Why not?
This is when you transcend duality, the up and down game is duality.
When there is only positive emotions its because we are in the unconditional love for life, there is no duality anymore.
We lived the dark then the light, over and over again, but its time to stop this and stay on the light and end this game!!

edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Balance is key.

If you want to truly live, you must taste both happiness and sadness.

You have to embrace the anger and tragedy and injustice so that you may also embrace the full extent of letting go through forgiveness and acceptance.

This allows you to transmute you inner forces from a natural state of chaos into the natural state of order and purpose.

The Yin always requires a Yang.
There is a time for happiness, and a time for sadness.
Do not deny yourself of your freedom to the truth by turning a blind eye to either aspect of reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There is no lack of intelligence, there is a critical lack of accurate data and we are conditioned inappropriately from birth so we have to learn and improve ourselves.

I don't actually believe anyone's really an idiot. It's mostly environmental factors that led to any incorrect or faulty or harmful conclusions.

When supplied with the truth and fully conditioned to react accordingly, I believe that all individuals would show drastic improvements in all aspects of their capabilities.

This is pretty obvious, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't believe that anymore.
I came from darkness, we all came, i knew it very well, its time to stop and start feeling good because i can control my feelings, this is my reality now.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why we shouldn't be happy? Because others are sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

We can help others be happy but why should we be sad? What good is there in being sad because others are sad?
We can help without being sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The only reason people are not happy is because they are full of fear. Fear is the unknown which puts them into future thinking. That detracts from living in the moment or now.

Let go of fear, and live!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

There is darkness but nobody wants to live there. We came from darkness, we came from a past where our positive energy were given to us and then taken, so we could know what it is to be without light, left in the darkness, we met the darkness of not having positive energy, but the goal of this game is to create your own positive energy/light and stop being dependent from the outside. This makes sense, it resonates so hard, its my reality now.
Its my emotions, i can watch them and control them. So can you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dear Manula,

Thanks for your response. We may be entirely different, so allow me to explain my reasoning.

Think of the reaction you have when some charitable organization shows pictures of suffering animals, or children, or refugees, or natural disasters. I think, for most people, sadness is one of the first and strongest emotions in a situation like that. That makes me think it is natural, human, and to be expected, not denied.

Why sadness is good is because it provides motivation, for some, to stop the sadness; maybe by giving a hug, or donating time or money, or signing a petition.

You're right that we don't have to be sad while we're helping. But being sad before-hand is not only the just response, but an energizing one.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Transcend duality, to transcend duality is to be always happy, there is no more duality if i choose to be happy no matter what. The end of the game is to transcend duality, you know that. Why keep the up and down game? Thats enough.
unconditional love for life, always happy, no more conditions to be happy, that's when you transcend duality.
Finish this game, start feeling good, forget the outside forces, stop being manipulated in the yin and yang game.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ok to feel sad is ok, but its not sad, its compassion, you feel emotional, you cry, the moment of most intense happiness in my life was when i cried the most.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry but I think we need to feel sad sometimes so when we are happy it means more,
Yin and lang like without sadness there can be no happyness

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Sorry but I think we need to feel sad sometimes so when we are happy it means more,

That is like saying an ounce of sadness brings a pound of happiness.

Happiness is free, unless you feel a need to pay attention to sadness along the way. Basically, the choice is yours between the two.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The sad/happy game is duality but it has an end one day, thats when you stop coming to earth, when you finish this game.
Transcend duality, the yin and yang and be happy forever, whats holding you is only yourself!
Unconditional love for life ends the duality game!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think you're on to something here. Think of great art, say, music for example. A masterpiece will have high and low notes, pauses and rapid playing, soft and loud, and other contrasts. Paintings use light and dark, broad strokes and fine little touches, well, you get the idea.

I don't like being sad, but I think your life is better with some sadness in it. (I just remembered Dad's death. That was very heavy sadness, but it felt right, somehow.)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Why cant only be a happymetter?
It's like natural numbers I suppose. 1 to ∞ isn't enough to describe the full range of possibilities. Therefore we develop the integer set: -∞ to 0 to +∞.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Dear Manula,

Just had a quick thought. What if the problem is the word "Happiness?" Would you get better results if you used "Peace," "Joy," "Contentment," or something else along the lines?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Because we're hungry and freezing

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I understand that, suffering and sadness makes people more united, they become more human.
But look, you can be happy and be a nice guy, aware of your actions, always trying to help.
When we are not hungry anymore, we start helping others stop being hungry, that's when we become people of service, we are not in need anymore, we start taking care of others, to help them stop feeling hungry and be happy.
We don't feed them, we must help them feed themselves. that's the secret, to teach them to be be independent in terms of positive energy, be creators of positive energy, not hungry receivers.
Why not? Whats wrong with being happy, stop being "hungry", and help others stop feeling "hungry"?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by boymonkey74

That is like saying an ounce of sadness brings a pound of happiness.

Happiness is free, unless you feel a need to pay attention to sadness along the way. Basically, the choice is yours between the two.

If we were always happy it would be the norm and if you have not experienced sadness you wouldnt know what true happyness is.
I aim for one thing really ....to be happy more times than not

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join