It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reward Offered for the Identity of the Police Officer Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A generous friend is offering a $4,000 reward for the identify of the policeman who shot Scott Olsen.

The officer can likely be seen in publicly available videos (see this and this). But his badge and face are not visible.

Similarly, Anonymous is already leaking names and information of officers in the Oakland P.D., but it is still difficult for outsiders to identify the shooter.

As such, the tip will likely have to come from someone within the Oakland Police Department or the other law enforcement agencies present at the protest.

Do your force proud and stand up for liberty … identify the shooter.

Update: As this video shows, he might actually be with the San Francisco Sheriff instead of Oakland police

www.washingtonsblog.com...

We've all seen the video by now but if you haven't go to the source link and you can see it. I don't think this can possibly end well for the jerk cop who shot Scott Olsen. Hopefully he'll turn himself in and be punished to the full extent of the law. This situation sickens me to no end.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What's to stop someone from claiming to know the identity and accuse the wrong officer just for the reward money? Whether it's the right or wrong officer, that officer will obviously deny it was him, then a legal battle will have to ensue possibly taking years, so when would this reward be given?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

What orders were they operating under? Who was in charge directly at the scene of the incident? Who was ultimately in charge of this police response?

Those are the questions I would like to see answered.
edit on 10/29/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
What's to stop someone from claiming to know the identity and accuse the wrong officer just for the reward money? Whether it's the right or wrong officer, that officer will obviously deny it was him, then a legal battle will have to ensue possibly taking years, so when would this reward be given?

If someone was reasonably identified, then it would probably result in a civil lawsuit.
If this person is not the guilty party, they will be found innocent right?
Isn't that the way you or I would be treated by the Police?

Why should special privacy be afforded to someone just because they passed a written test and a 3 week training course to get a badge?
All men are created equal in the eyes of the constitution and the law.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hell will freeze over before he, or one of his copster friends, turns him in. Oh, and I don't believe in hell.

For one thing, there is not a cop alive who thinks he did anything wrong. After all, he was just trying to stop a gang of dirty pot smoking hippies from taking over the world to make everybody do drugs and not shower, right?

People need to get it through their heads that copsters are nothing more than taxpayer-funded gangsters whose job is to protect the unalienable right of the elite to screw the rest of the world. We, as a group,need to start treating them as the enemy of the people that they are.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
so you give up the cops name and what happens.... he or his family, including kids/wife/etc will be hurt.... I don't believe in putting someones family at risk just because you want revenge....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Civil Suit will need to be filed against the City and it's Departments involved.

You are not going to ID this guy most likely, the odds are against that happening.

Honestly I think people are taking this way too far with the vengeance aspect.

Rather than turning this into some sort of witch hunt, people should help the Olsen family with their legal and hospital bills or something.

You know what's worse than 1 guy getting hurt? 2 of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
net seems to say its a sf sherrif with the last name of wiliams but nothing more then that and its not like its not a comman name
edit on 29-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

link   
Okay, that kind of garbage has to stop. This isn't a reward, it's a BOUNTY! How does anyone think this will go down right now if that Officer's name, bio and home address are discovered and made public?? Do we really think the gentle and peace loving people of Oakland will just drop by for a firm talking to and hand slap? Oh jeeze... The people offering these bounties don't even seem to GRASP what it looks like to the rest of the nation, not IN the OWS movement....or like me, some that ARE in it.

The police KNOW who fired that round. The City leaders KNOW who fired that round. Scott Olsen's eventual legal team, if he chooses to accept the pro-bono offers sure to roll in....or those suing without his help if not, WILL know who fired that round. We don't need street justice to be encouraged and pushed by "unmasking" the Officer while tensions are SO high, it's likely to get the man and his family KILLED. I wonder, for some, if that isn't actually the whole point and quiet desire to see as the end of this chapter of events.

Either way....If the OWS wants to look like blood thirsty vigilante's working on a lynch mob mentality, THIS is how to accomplish that. I find it ironic that the OWS LiveStream chat rooms have become full of Tea Party bashing and ULTRA-Left rhetoric against anyone who dares use a right turn signal, let alone vote that direction....yet they are the same people putting our "rewards" or...bounties like this.

I'll get off my soapbox now..but this has deeply upset me since the first bounty I saw advertised on OccupyOakland's LiveStream chat room the day after Scott Olsen was shot. This IS *NOT* THE WAY to do anything but utterly FAIL in everything we're trying to accomplish. I'm shutting up now.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

link   
reply to post by longtermproject

What if the situation was in reverse and it was a police office that was severely injured. Would not every available means be used to identify the perpetrator? I don't really blame the "tosser" myself yet someone should step up and take responsibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject
so you give up the cops name and what happens.... he or his family, including kids/wife/etc will be hurt.... I don't believe in putting someones family at risk just because you want revenge....

Nope.
The cop will be sued in civil court.
Possibly charged, then possibly convicted of assault and jailed.
The exact same thing that would happen to you or I.
What's wrong with that?

Why are you making up scenarios to defend a civil servants right to break the law without being responsible for his own actions?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's a 'witch hunt', and honestly I cannot agree to singling out someone and using revenge as a basis for whatever will happen.

Like I said, one body is enough.
I don't want to see a 2nd body.

Plus, consider the fact the cop himself didn't have a clue where that canister would land. Firing tear gas into a crowd is pure random chance. There is a possibility no one, not even the guy who shot the round, knows it was him that did it. That's what it's like in a huge crowd of chaos with smoke everywhere etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Originally posted by longtermproject

Nope.
The cop will be sued in civil court.
Possibly charged, then possibly convicted of assault and jailed.
The exact same thing that would happen to you or I.
What's wrong with that?

Why are you making up scenarios to defend a civil servants right to break the law without being responsible for his own actions?

You are wrong.

Police officers rarely get in trouble when they were ORDERED by superiors to do such an act.

The blame goes up the chain of command, not down it.

Why do you think the police chief resigned? Because that's who is ultimately responsible.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think this was a controlled event much like the Arizona Shooting with Gabrielle Giffords. The whole thing looks staged.

Whose idea and money went behind these blown up picture posters of Scott Olson with " Super Star" on them. I also saw the ones of him that are big memes for 99%. I think it's possible that tptb planned OWS from the start and intended for this whole thing to go down and be a controlled event.

Remember what Nick Rockefeller told Aaron Russo that the Feminist movement was funded by them?

Who shelled out the money for these glossy huge posters so quick?

Also, why are they chanting at every one of the Scott Olson vigils, as if the audience is brain dead and needs to repeat every thing the micman is saying? Looks off.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

We're in complete agreement on all but one thing. They absolutely DO know who fired the fateful round. You can bet everything you have that Oakland P.D. was filming that with their own intelligence unit from every direction they felt they had to, to capture everything that occurred. Think about it this way.....If one of those protesters from within a knot of people had fired a gun and killed a cop, do you not think the police would know with 100% vand absolute certainty WHO fired it and have nice color photos by the next day? I'd be looking to fire the entire command level in OPD if they HAD NOT been filming for precisely those reasons. Liability and Intelligence gathering.

We 100% agree on letting the system run it's due course though. OPD is in shambles and the City Government sold them out, directly. No one is protecting the cops who over-reacted and shot him in the head then grenaded those rendering aid.....but this isn't the time for a scooby doo ending by unmasking the culprits for the crowd to lynch. Indeed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

They aren't looking for him so they can play nice most likely. I'm sure the boys in blue won't say anything. I would think that the navy veteran standing there the entire time would know.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Plus, consider the fact the cop himself didn't have a clue where that canister would land. Firing tear gas into a crowd is pure random chance. There is a possibility no one, not even the guy who shot the round, knows it was him that did it. That's what it's like in a huge crowd of chaos with smoke everywhere etc.

How do you explain the followup flashbang grenade?
edit on 10/29/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let me prove my point about how, even in a small town, cops are trained to protect the elite.

I live on a lake in CA with several small communities around the lake. One community, Lakeport, has about 5,000 people and the only Ford dealership in the area. So, guess who services every police cruiser in Lake county?

So, I take my Expedition in for warranty service. Keep in mind that I am a better mechanic than 99% of all dealership mechanics, I don't say that to brag, it is just a fact. I would have fixed the problem myself, but it was under warranty, so...

Anyway, I go to pick up the vehicle and they want to charge me $187 because they couldn't find a problem and I wasted their time. I asked him to show me what they did to justify charging me $187. He told me, and I flat told him he was lying and proceded to explain to him how I knew he was lying and I proved it. The dude snapped and came around the service counter at me. I went into a stance and told him if he took another step, he was going to the hospital. Apparently, he saw something that convinced him that I was not palying around, and am capable of doing exactly what I said I would do, so he stopped in his tracks.

So, the service manager comes out of his office and tells me that they will keep my $50,000 truck if I don't give them $187. So, I, being a Good Citizen called the cops since I could prove right on the spot that they were trying to scam me. The cops arrives and says it's a civil issue. I said, fine, tell them to give me my Expy and they can sue me for the $187.

The cops says, "No, you brought your vehicle in for service, you need to pay them, then sue to get your money back."
I said, "But here is proof right here, you can see that they are lying."
He said, "it's not my job to determine who is lying or not. If you want your vehicle, you need to pay them."

Ok. So, I paid them.

Then I went straight to K-Mart and bought some sign making materials. I made a picket sign describing them as "Lying, Incompetent Thieves." I still can prove every one of those accusations.

People were honking and giving me Thumbs Up. A couple of people stopped to ask me what was up, etc. It was awesome! Then, Holder, the owner, comes out and starts calling me names and telling me that I'm harming his business, blah, blah, whine, whine. Then, he calls his friends at the police department.

Long story short...The police threaten to arrest me for instigating a fight with the employee the day before!!!! Can you believe that? UnFreakinReal!! I actually laughed,

I said, "He came around the counter at ME!"

The cop started to go for his handcuffs and I realized he was not joking.

Holder had offered to give me my money back if i would leave. I said, "No, I don't need the money, now this is a matter of principle."

So, the cop tells me to take my money back and leave or I'm going to jail. I went ahead and took my money and left.

Those cops did not care one bit that this guy ripped me off and lied. They were there to protect his interests, not mine. That was about 3 years ago. That was the last time I called the cops and the last time I ever will call them.

Cops are even bigger scum than the elite that they protect.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"Vengence is mine." saidth the Lord.

He whom had pulled that shot against an innocent unarmed man know full well who he is. He, like any other man, has a conscience inborn. He may make public or private justifications, or even be hailed in front of the Supreme Court and be aquitted by absolving his act as following a brutal order, ....BUT at some point of time, his conscience will catch up with him, for retribution is real for the unremorseful in his most private moment

Let him be, in a land ruled by law, and allow due process to take place. For whatever the result, there can be no justification in hurting an innocent unarmed civilian, and worse, hurting others when they were only trying to rescue that wounded person.

May he find redemption one day, whoever he is, and that he prays Scott regains his health and mentality. It had all been so unnecessary upon unarmed civilians, so unnecessary considering the ammunition the corporatist body guards have in comparison to only soft skinned humans......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join