It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

exposing the evils of Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

stop posting that cynical drivel!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

A well balanced and thought out response. I appreciate that.

I chose those two words, because in the purest sense of those words, this is what christians are. Christians see themselves as the chosen ones. From out of the earth, it will be they who inherit the earth. And by the bibles own doctrines, they are deserving of such, and there is no shame in seeing themselves as such. For you, and many others, it may not be a pride issue. But nevertheless, you hold it as a truth.

Christians also view themselves as being privy to the ultimate truth. And they see God as the unquestionable creator and ruler of all that exists, or ever will exist. They see the bible as the final authority on his message and word to mankind. That word is not only definitive to them. But leaves no room for any other view whatsoever. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me". In other words, "Be reasonable, see it my way".

So the use of elitism and authoritarianism was not in a derogatory fashion.

I have no disagreement with your interpretation of the verses you presented. Well expounded.

But when ALL are guilty, does that not include those who are Christians?

Yes. "All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." Which is why I said, "The only question is whether or not you choose to be assimilated."

Peace. Thank you again for a well articulated response. I should be so eloquent.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

To be as honest as possible, religion is not the problem, just as much as how politics are not the problem.
There is no ism that doesn't work, if used properly. There is no deity that doesn't work, if understood properly.

It's the people who are the problem; because we are very skilled at using a system, meant for goodwill, and deforming it into something to only benefit oneself or those in power.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
I think the worst thing about Christianity is the way it turns people into mental thralls. People are told that if they believe one thing they will go to heaven and if they believe anything else they will go to hell. Children are taught that by their parents. I was taught that by my parents. It's disgusting to me.

I'm not trying to offend Christians, but this is how I feel about it.
edit on 29-10-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

I take it you are a wiccan and made this thread is response to the one I made that actually exposed something.

I will be waiting for you to edit your thread so you can add some substance to your post. So far i see a claim of you exposing the Christian faith without anything to back it up. I mean cmon is this really the best you can do?

Where is the "exposure"??? All I see is a rant about heaven and hell and why it "disgusts" you...

I really think you could have put more effort into this.
edit on 29-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I think the worst thing about Christianity is the way it turns people into mental thralls. People are told that if they believe one thing they will go to heaven and if they believe anything else they will go to hell. Children are taught that by their parents. I was taught that by my parents. It's disgusting to me.

I take it you are a wiccan and made this thread is response to the one I made that actually exposed something.

I will be waiting for you to edit your thread so you can add some substance to your post. So far i see a claim of you exposing the Christian faith without anything to back it up. I mean cmon is this really the best you can do?

Where is the "exposure"??? All I see is a rant about heaven and hell and why it "disgusts" you...

I don't know how to make my point any more clear. Either you get it or you don't. (And I'm not a Wiccan. I don't understand the appeal of Wicca, but everybody is different.)
edit on 30-10-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I don't know how to make my point any more clear. Either you get it or you don't. (And I'm not a Wiccan. I don't understand the appeal of Wicca, but everybody is different.)
edit on 30-10-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

Point is you said you was going to "expose" something but you exposed nothing...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Fine, I will expose it in ohh.. aboit... 8 hours.

see u them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Point is you said you was going to "expose" something but you exposed nothing...

Sorry to disappoint. Probably I should have said "distilling" instead of "exposing". I think you can look at every evil deed committed in the name of Christianity and you can trace it back to this narrow-mindedness that is considered a virtue.

RevelationGeneration, if Jesus comes back he is going to look around at Christianity and say "WTF is all this?" That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

edit on 2-11-2011 by nightmare1234567890 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I agree...

Christianity has a lot to answer for.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint. Probably I should have said "distilling" instead of "exposing". I think you can look at every evil deed committed in the name of Christianity and you can trace it back to this narrow-mindedness that is considered a virtue.

RevelationGeneration, if Jesus comes back he is going to look around at Christianity and say "WTF is all this?" That's just my opinion of course.

Honestly i think If Jesus did come back, he'd probably Bitchslap a lot of christians...

Sorry but its true

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join