It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Iraq Vet’s Cracked Skull, DoJ Sees No Evil in Occupy Crackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

After Scott Olsen, a two-tour Iraq war veteran, suffered a skull fracture Tuesday when police shot Occupy Oakland protestors with rubber bullets and threw flash bang and tear gas grenades at them, you might think that the Justice Department would investigate. After all, the Justice Department has the power and responsibility to investigate state and local police violations of Americans’ constitutional rights. Sorry, Scott Olsen. Sorry, Occupy. No such luck. The Obama Justice Department has not opened an investigation, spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa told Wired. That’s despite Oakland having a long history of abusing protestors. Just last month, a federal judge hinted that he would take over the department for failing to rein in rogue policing practices identified in a consent decree from 2003 that the department has failed to obey. The National Lawyers Guild contends police violated that order again Tuesday.

www.wired.com... dex+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

This news comes after the Oakland Mayor apologized to the protesters for the actions of the police department. (before we get excited I read what he said. It was a half apology if I've ever seen one. Not real)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Oh one more thing. The Occupy Wall Street protests have been getting cracked down on. To anyone out there. DONT GIVE UP.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Obama is USING OWS.

USING is different than SUPPORTING. Obama gets lots and lots of money from Goldman Sachs and Wall Street hedge fund managers. These are the people that Obama support.

Does the lifestyle of Michelle "Antionette" Obama match the 99% or the 1%?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He's not an ex vet so much as he is just a man in a stupid protest and stupid protestors get hurt from time to time. Storm in a teacup (the vet).

The weird part is they protest about the pay gap. The rich earn from multiplication and the poor don't kknow how that works which is why there are so many poor.

Idiots attend those protests. 1. They do nothing. 2. most don't know why they are there. 3. It proves nothing we don't already know. 4. It changes nothing ........... therefore = stupid protest.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Well if he has serious brain damage from this I hope you'll remember what you said. Oh and next time you're protesting something you care about I hope someone throws a soccer ball at your face.

Come on now man. Why would you say it's okay that a military vet deserves getting hurt? That's a cold thing to say?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

This post wasn't really about Obama and how it's just a giant conspiracy. This post is about the man who sustained injuries and the DOJ won't help.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think the DOJ's response is a clear indication how deep the power and corruption of the 1% is in the American government.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

What a sad bunch you people are that do not understand this movement.

This is about the people (if you can call them that) who are criminals that have taken too much and left the middle class broken and a lot of them homeless. They did not earn what they made they snookered it out from underneath us all. This is a fire sale and they are using the American dream as fuel.

This is about greed.

This is about finally making all these greedy wrongs right.

This is about America finally making a STAND.

You put down these fine young Americans, when for so long so many of us were wondering why our youth has not stood up yet?

Now that they do you let Fox news fool you into this opinion you stated?

Shame!

Shame!

Shame!

Do not make your forefathers ashamed of you! Be a true AMERICAN and make a STAND!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I wonder if DoJ saw the video in the opening post on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was a clear naughty naughty.

They threw grenades into a small group who were obviously rendering aide and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Eric Holder is our most useless Attorney General ever. Fast and Furious, NBP voter intimidation, and the total lack of prosecution of Wall Street abuses.

new topics

top topics

join