It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese University Detects Atmospheric Precursor To 2011 Megaquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Japanese University Detects Atmospheric Precursor To 2011 Megaquake

www.i rishweatheronline.com

Most scientists believe that earthquakes are inherently unpredictable, and reports of various kinds of earthquake precursor signals have been difficult to verify. However, in a new study, a researcher from Hokkaido University ...

Analysing data from the Japanese GPS network the team, Kosuke Heki from the University’s Department of Natural History Sciences has detected an increase in the total electron content in the ionosphere above the focal region of the earthquake beginning about 40 minutes
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.agu.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Published in Geophysical Research Letters , findings about the Japan Mega Quake, Japanese scientists also found the same anomalies surrouding the 8.8 Chile Mega Quake, and possibly the Sumatra magnitude 9.2 earthquake, and possibly the 1994 magnitude 8.3 Hokkaido earthquake!

Furthermore, and what is really interesting is that although previous studies have shown that earthquakes can trigger atmospheric waves that travel upward and disturb the ionosphere afterwards the scientists find that it is unclear how an ionospheric disturbance could occur before an earthquake begins.

Hosuke Heki states that, unlike previously suggested earthquake precursors, the TEC enhancement before the Tohoku quake had obvious spatial and temporal correlation between the quake and precursor signal as well as clear magnitude dependence.

There is no greater teacher than experience itself.

www.i rishweatheronline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-10-2011 by burntheships because: add diagrams

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

detected an increase in the total electron content in the ionosphere above the focal region

I wonder in which direction the focal region was pointed.
Perhaps that mad Russian wasn't joking about their weather weapon.
Or, something outside the Earth affected us.
Three external possibilities - the photon cloud (our local Fluff), the sun, or the same thing that's been hammering us with gamma rays from 0.3 light years away

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That is intriguing.

I know the HAARP nay-sayers continue to say that HAARP can't do this. (I'm sure one will be along in a minute!
) That being said, it is suspicious to me that the ionosphere heated up just before the quakes started, and the HAARP theorists say that is what HAARP can do.

I'm still on the fence, but this does make me say "hmmmmmm."

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

•The anomaly occurs above the epicenter and lasts ~1 hour

There are diagrams in the actual report,Geophysical Research Letters

I would need to screen shot them to post pics, Will do that as time allows.

In any case, it was directly above the epicenter.

ETA: Adding graphs to the OP, well screen shots the best I can manage from the Abstract.
edit on 27-10-2011 by burntheships because: ETA

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks.
But which direction was Earth/the epicentre facing (e.g. into space)? Was it facing the sun, a constellation, etc. Is there any way of knowing?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Like this?www.haarp.alaska.edu...).And what about now...Can anyone give a real time predictive graph for EQ's?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here you go ..

www.timeanddate.com...

edit on 27-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

From your image that means west of the moon?
Does Stellarium show line-of-sight?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
That is intriguing.

I know the HAARP nay-sayers continue to say that HAARP can't do this. (I'm sure one will be along in a minute!
)

Yes, and yes again. I found a document years ago...and its very interesting...to say the least.

Of course, they read this and said nah, it means HAARP is basically powerless.

Investigation of Plasma Phenomena in the Ionosphere Under Natural Conditions
and Under Conditions Artificially Perturbed by HAARP

The first link below is a google cache link...
http: //webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5ReBehPyI-AJ:www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc%3FAD%3DADA517436+Investigation+of+Plasma+Phenomena+in+the+I onosphere+Under+Natural+Conditions+and+Under+Conditions+Artificially+Perturbed+by+HAARP&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Second link to actual PDF document but is on a .mil site if you want your IP address logged by a .mil site.
Its not classified.
www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA517436

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thank you much for the chart, and the photo information!

Also wanted to add to this thread information about the Global Network of HAARP type facilities.

Every One Speaks About HAARP, But Did You Know...

Originally posted by zorgon

its been hinted at from time to time that other countries also have a version of HAARP and that incoherent scatter sites have a similar function as HAARP and EISCAT has been mentioned...

Very few people have taken the time to follow the leads in the various documents and threads and put together the GLOBAL NETWORK

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, Nations have all agreed not to use the weapons, and we all know how they
would not continue to war with each other ....

US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said on 28 April 1997 at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia "Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

en.wikipedia.org...

There can be no argument that the weapon exists and has been used, and can be used in this way.

The

1978 Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques is an international treaty ratified by 75 states, and signed by a further 17, that prohibits use of environmental modification techniques to cause earthquakes and tsunamis, amongst other phenomena

edit on 27-10-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I really need an emote for 'bang my head into the desk where the computer keyboard shatters in a bloody mess.'

No, there is no solid equivocal proof that HAARP is anything -but- a way to communicate with submarines.

However, if you want to believe in a mythical, weaponized ultra low frequency radio transmitter(s) that acts like an earthquake gun. One that violates the laws of physics in so many ways as to be laughable, you may do so. >~<

-----------

The significance of the finding if you've wandered back into reality is HUGE.

In that the 'Average' Total Electron Count for any quake prone region can be determined with study. Of which if there is a 30-40 minute warning window and that the TEC strength can indicate how severe the Primary Quake will likely be, a warning system, (much like a tornado warning system) can be designed and implemented. So that people in high threat locations can evacuate buildings or exit elevated rail/highway systems.

Which would lead to Saving Lives.

Which is the huge pay off.

Not to mention other things like shutting down nuclear plants -safely- to prevent meltdowns or avoidable damage. Prepping rescue teams, getting medical centers ready and so on. Giving the City Emergency Managers time to request assets and get assets pre-positioned.

This is a huge leap forward in the science of earthquake studies and prediction. If it's only valid for large quakes, it still is worth every single penny spent in study and design of a warning system.

M.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Moshpet because: The -only- HARP I believe in, comes in a can, bottle or from a tap. It's not going to cause earth quakes anywhere but in the drinker's perceptions. And unlike the mythical HAARP quake gun, HARP Beer is real.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
That is intriguing.

) That being said, it is suspicious to me that the ionosphere heated up just before the quakes started, and the HAARP theorists say that is what HAARP can do.

I'm still on the fence, but this does make me say "hmmmmmm."

Heating is not a good word, but an increase in the TEC of 8% means that the area in question in the ionosphere increased in total energy content by 8%, since it's electrons it's probably electrostatic and it's negative. Two plates areas rubbing together could very well create static electricity much like the shuffling of feet across a carpet or walking on plastic floating floor materials (that only require pressure to act like a charging capacitor).

As far as direction in relation to the earthquake event, I would suspect that it is perpendicular to the surface and you could draw a straight line through the center of the planet, the event and the increased TEC locale.

Can HAARP increase TEC, yes! But is a TEC increase the cause of the earthquake or is it the result of an earthquake? If a TEC increase is the cause, then we should see many more very large earthquakes during CME's and other extraplanetary events that cause TEC increases, however, we don't. So I would say that TEC increase is an effect of earthquakes, which is still good to know, since if one can factor out all of the other TEC causing events, you are left with a 40 minute prediction window.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's funny how some people keep saying that something as powerful as HAARP is incapable of producing earthquakes, even when the evidence is right in front of their nose. Is it that hard to understand that a high energy beam with the correct frequency directed at matter for a "long period of time" will have some pretty damn devastating effects?

IT--
edit on 27-10-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Yes, the latter part of your post is accurate. Go ahead and ignore the fact that the
Scientists are still unclear on how this TEC occurs before the quake.

And...who said it was HAARP?

edit on 27-10-2011 by burntheships because: By the way your running late, and behind schedule. Get your facts straight first.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The probable explanation is piezoelectricity; basically squeezing crystals, rocks etc until they produce an electrical charge, I think that it's very likely that the huge stresses involved in an earthquake would produce this.
Earthquake lights are probably the end result as the electricity build up discharges, just like the sparker on a lighter or cooker.
piezoelectricity

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
The probable explanation is piezoelectricity; basically squeezing crystals, rocks etc until they produce an electrical charge, I think that it's very likely that the huge stresses involved in an earthquake would produce this.
Earthquake lights are probably the end result as the electricity build up discharges, just like the sparker on a lighter or cooker.
piezoelectricity

I'd never heard of piezoelectricity before, but COOL! I like the sound of it.

It DOES sound like that could cause those "earthquake lights" and perhaps the ionospheric changes they were recording.

I'm still on the fence, however, because I'm pretty sure that governments have been investigating these types of weapons, and therefore they continue to be a possibility in my mind.

Perhaps our error is in attributing everything to HAARP--perhaps there is ANOTHER "weapon" that we are missing that is doing this, and HAARP itself is as benign as people say.

Or it's simply the piezoelectricity!

Regardless, I am annoyed by the people who ridicule the questioners.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think HAARP can cause earthquakes,but maybe predict them.

There is some intriguing research about whether large earthquakes are associated with ionospheric changes caused by electromagnetic signals released by the crushing of rock crystalline structures. If so, then this might be a mechanism for major earthquake prediction.

solar-center.stanford.edu...

Checkout all the links on that site.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Oh,and I forgot about this one also.

As part of a Navy-sponsored study to determine how natural noises interfere with satellite communications, Fraser- Smith and graduate student Arman Bernardi had been recording ULF radio waves for two years from Corralitos, a site in the Santa Cruz Mountains remote from ULF noise generated by the Bay Area Rapid Transit system. With a 6-foot antenna mounted on the ground, they monitored ULF radio waves produced primarily by solar wind as it distorts the earth's electromagnetic field, creating "background noise" that disrupts communications. Twelve days before the Loma Prieta earthquake Fraser- Smith's detector recorded a large signal. The signal remained high until three hours before the earthquake, when it shot up even further. "The signal was off scale, 20 to 30 times bigger than what we usually measure," Fraser-Smith said. "We nearly shut down the Corralitos system because we thought something was wrong with it." Then the earthquake hit, disabling the system for eight hours.

www.stanford.edu...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Heh, well we all know what 'weapon' plays with the ionosphere.

In before HAARP theorys (honestly it would not surprise me if that was in fact the reason behind it).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join