It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most OBVIOUS police brutality I have ever witnessed. This is shamefully MALICIOUS!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
reply to post by Aggie Man

Look the the protesters were ORDERED to leave the park buy the Mayor and Police. They failed to comply and the police started moving in to push the people out of the park. The anarchists in the group started throwing bottles and rocks at the police, hence the police responded with non-lethal weapons (tear gas and rubber bullets and rubber bullet grandees, and flash bangs).Granted under certain conditions non-lethal weapons can kill and cause serious injury but they are not designed to kill out right.

Yes the police in this video threw a flash bang at a group of protesters and yes there was an injured person among the crowd. They would have been better off leaving the man where he was and allowing the police to take him in to custody and then having EMS treat him.

Remember it is the duty and responsibly of the Police and Local Officials to maintain order. The mayor pull there permit, after that the protesters should have packed it in and gone home and tried again another day. When the police tell you to disperse, you disperse! They usually won't ask more than a couple of times before they use tactics that will force you to comply. Only a fool or those who want to start trouble will stand in front of riot police. Its quite simple if you don't want to get tear gassed or have flash grenades thrown at you, just follow instruction and leave the area.

Best way to avoid a getting caught in the cross fire is to get the hell out of the way! ! ! !

Quite frankly that is the greatest load of bo...loney. If there is freedom of assembly, the numbers should not matter. What's this about a permit? was there one or was there not, why was one needed if there is freedom of assembly, obviously it would be a secondary bye-law of some kind, you don't need a permit if there is a right of assembly and acknowledging a permit in those circumstances is a courtesy. Why should the police DEEM anything, they are not lawmakers, and you cannot make up the law as you go along. Crossfire?? Man you should think before you speak.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You said exactly what I was thinking. Those people where obviously just helping, and no reason for those cops to toss that flash at them. Disgusting! Doesn't matter if you agree with the protesters or not. I feel we have strayed so far from being a great species, truly a sad state of affairs in this country. The fact that some of you have seen worse... well, just makes that all the more true. Just because you've seen worse does not make this NOT wrong. I am so mad right now.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"Yes the police in this video threw a flash bang at a group of protesters and yes there was an injured person among the crowd. They would have been better off leaving the man where he was and allowing the police to take him in to custody and then having EMS treat him. "

That statement is ridiculous. Those cops were not doing ANYTHING for the person on the ground. Those people who came to aide were OBVIOUSLY aiding. There was no one else really near by and that flash was not necessary.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ok finally something that is legit out of all the bull posted....the initial gasing hitting the guy in the head most likely was an accident and they were told to leave..so I dont feel to bad for that guy...if ahead shot was intentional ..then that's not right...I don't agree with the 2nd canister being popped in the middle of a group coming to the guys aid...the police should have used a little more patience to see if they were gonna just drag him out...i mean they were 10 ft away so its not like they couldnt see...that is the first police video I have seen on here where I will say ok.....that wasn't right....and ive defended almost every one on here.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by Elieser

ok.........I swear this is my last post on this thread.

I just can't stand quite when the Constitution is so misused, or misunderstood by purposeful didactic ignorance.....You are just dead wrong and too lazy to take the time to understand the very basics of the Constitution
pick up a book, learn about time, place and manner. Learn about what is and isn't free speech and assmebly
and....arggggggggggggg....you got a star for that ignorance?! I can't even take the time to spell anything right.
...You are the 30yr old and under American I sooooooooooo fear!

You can stick your fingers in your ears and just like a little child scream at the top of your lungs: "La la la la you're wrong! La la la la I can't hear you la la la la", all you want. Your reification is nothing more than that reifying.

Prove that a person needs a "permit" to exercise their unalienable right. Show some compelling legal reasoning as to how government is authorized to demand people seek permission to exercise a right. Don't just berate others and presume you are better read than they, for on this issue you are wrong, and just because there are tyrants writing up legislation demanding permits, and thugs enforcing this dubious legislation, it doesn't make it lawful, or Constitutional.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Real quick ...... since I live across the bay from oakland I travel through there every once in awhile. I can totally see why the cops use force or even excessive force. There are a lot of bad people in that city and they cant take the time to weed them out when they as a whole are being a loud mob that is throwing things.

Sorry but I am going to side with the police. If you have never been to oakland zip your lips and don't bother responded to me because you have no room to talk. I would bet my life that the reports of them throwing paint bottles and rocks at the police are 100% correct.

sorry if you never set foot in the city don't bother arguing.

I remember getting jumped at a raiders 49er game just for wearing a 49er jersey.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So, this is very sad,,,
Those who do not know History are being condemned to Repeat it.
I would suggest Oakland Occupy protesters go straight down to the Police department and File complaints,,, it will get them no where of course,,,
but if each one went,,, it would make the News,
It is reaching the point were being Law abiding is being pushed into the other direction by the Police and Politicians who just want this to Go Away.

It ain't going away soon,,,

All I can suggest is to Arm your self while you still can here in America.
We some how need to get the police to join ,,, not be part of the problem, yes they are just doing their jobs,,
so was Wall Street and the Banks,,,, who bails out who now?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
These protesters were told days ahead of time
they could NOT stay over night in the area.
These protesters (not shown in video)
Were violently throwing rocks, bottles, and other
projectiles at the police officers.

Expect for a few eggs to get broke if your not going to
peacefully protest. This is what your asking for...

PROOF Go to 5:10-5:25
You can clearly see the protesters start lobbing objects
at the police, then the gas canisters get thrown.
AFTER the protesters starting throwing things at the cops..

It is obvious this was not peaceful protesting.
edit on 26-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Looked peaceful to me

The police acted disgracefully, like robots under the order of the big fat greedy 1%

I see absolutely none of what you mentioned,

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KryptKeeper
Real quick ...... since I live across the bay from oakland I travel through there every once in awhile. I can totally see why the cops use force or even excessive force. There are a lot of bad people in that city and they cant take the time to weed them out when they as a whole are being a loud mob that is throwing things.

Sorry but I am going to side with the police. If you have never been to oakland zip your lips and don't bother responded to me because you have no room to talk. I would bet my life that the reports of them throwing paint bottles and rocks at the police are 100% correct.

I remember getting jumped at a raiders 49er game just for wearing a 49er jersey.

Kill them all and let God sort it out?

I've been to Oakland, and I live in Los Angeles. Urban living does not excuse tyranny. Abusing the innocent simply because there are guilty among them is not okay, under any circumstances. If a police officer cannot be bothered to honor the oath of office they took, then they are liars and cannot be trusted. Breaking a solemn oath is not some little white lie, it is a profoundly heinous lie.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There is no justice.

You live, you die, no justice.

You're right. There is only an illusion of justice, an illusion of democracy, an illusion of human rights, illusions based on lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yes they are wrong for firing on the people that are trying to help the victim, but honestly do they know if he/she is faking or not.. Not really a police defender here just stating the obvious. This is a video with commentary, on the police brutality... that took some time, in my opinion. Is it right i cant tell you that, is it wrong, not sure either. where is the time before he/she got injured?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wuforde

i see my questions were already posted... so sorry for the extra questions.
2nd
3rd

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by KryptKeeper

Kill them all and let God sort it out?

I've been to Oakland, and I live in Los Angeles. Urban living does not excuse tyranny. Abusing the innocent simply because there are guilty among them is not okay, under any circumstances. If a police officer cannot be bothered to honor the oath of office they took, then they are liars and cannot be trusted. Breaking a solemn oath is not some little white lie, it is a profoundly heinous lie.

What about the criminals they are expected to arrest? What do expect when a fan goes to game and gets shot? You want pity, but why don't you realize that not all the people protesting have values.. Like mine or yours. They want to keep their own, and for you to step out of it. What is a little civil unrest without the criminal element?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Jean Paul Zodeaux... sounds kinda French to me. How did that work out for you? Are you living here b/c of the US good gracies? Would you like a history lesson, or should i just let you ponder?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wuforde

What about the criminals they are expected to arrest? What do expect when a fan goes to game and gets shot? You want pity, but why don't you realize that not all the people protesting have values.. Like mine or yours. They want to keep their own, and for you to step out of it. What is a little civil unrest without the criminal element?

The criminals they are expected to arrest, they damn well better arrest, but never ever at the expense of the innocent. That is not justice, that is just reckless vigilantism.

Do not dare to presume I have ever asked for pity. I am demanding justice. If you cannot tell the difference between the two, then consider this; a primary requirement of sanity is the ability to discern. Do you have discernment problems?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wuforde
Jean Paul Zodeaux... sounds kinda French to me. How did that work out for you? Are you living here b/c of the US good gracies? Would you like a history lesson, or should i just let you ponder?

Arrogance is defined as a presumption of knowledge. Would you like a little lesson in how foolish one looks when they stupidly presume knowledge they do not have, or should I just let you ponder?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Originally posted by OzTruth
If you look closely there is two objects thrown, one from the cops but a second before that, it looks like another object thrown by someone outside the camera view to the right. Interesting.... However I have seen worse police brutality than that. My view they need to move these left wing protesters along by ANY means. it's getting stupid now, you might as well elect George Soros as your president if you support this movement....

unlike scott olsen, you sir are a coward. be a real man and tell a marine to his face that scott olsen deserved what the police did to him.

where is obama to denounce this cowardly act? i dont expect anything from the gop. they dont even like gay soldiers who will give their life for their country .
edit on 27-10-2011 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by wuforde

The criminals they are expected to arrest, they damn well better arrest, but never ever at the expense of the innocent. That is not justice, that is just reckless vigilantism.

Do not dare to presume I have ever asked for pity. I am demanding justice. If you cannot tell the difference between the two, then consider this; a primary requirement of sanity is the ability to discern. Do you have discernment problems?

Anyone they arrest are innocent until proven guilty. Can they use force, yes. I am not defending the cop who threw more gas into the situation. What are discernment problems?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
How many time more of this to happen until we realize that eiher we have to "go all the way" or "not at all" .... we want to change things, but are we willing to pay the price!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
How many time more of this to happen until we realize that eiher we have to "go all the way" or "not at all" .... we want to change things, but are we willing to pay the price!!!

are you willing to die for the cause? what about of others? unfortunately i don't think this will end with no violence. All of the gun hating people will need guns to fight their cause. You can't reason with folks in power, unless they are threatened.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join