It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New numbers: Income for top 1 percent skyrocketed over last 30 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Lots of people care hence the thread, OWS , and the various spinoffs. People care when you rob Peter to pay Paul. But its ok to rob Paul of his cash for Peter's coffers. I think its pretty relevant. 1 percent didn't earn it fair and square they have been cheating for years. So yes I care.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

That is the problem.

Too many people concerned about one persons money and possessions.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That's where your confusing my message. Don't misunderstand I don't care about any man or woman's wealth. I care only how you acquire and sustain that wealth and then you deny me the same opportunity to acquire wealth in that same manner. That's a rigged game. Be as rich as you want to but don't do it on my back without my consent or take my hard earned cash to save yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I dunno, you got kids? Ask them...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by MrStyx

That is the problem.

You do a rather disparaging job of distinguishing between a person's wealth and the ongoing corporate/ banking heist in America as well as throughout the World.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
reply to post by macman

That's where your confusing my message. Don't misunderstand I don't care about any man or woman's wealth. I care only how you acquire and sustain that wealth and then you deny me the same opportunity to acquire wealth in that same manner. That's a rigged game. Be as rich as you want to but don't do it on my back without my consent or take my hard earned cash to save yourself.

How is the local Millionaire depriving you of making your own wealth?
It is not rigged.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

reply to post by MrStyx

That is the problem.

You do a rather disparaging job of distinguishing between a person's wealth and the ongoing corporate/ banking heist in America as well as throughout the World.

Warren Buffet's wealth is of no concern to anyone but.............Warren Buffet.
Same goes for my wealth.

Start worrying about yourself.
You will do much better in life.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm starting to think its useless talking to you. You make no sense your just arguing to argue at this point. Please read and re-read till you can comprehend the argument. If you read properly I told you the exact issue. Did I say local millionaires were robbing me. Also a mere millionaire isn't necessarily a 1 percenter. You feel the game isn't rigged then your prolly nothing more than a shill. The majority of Americans disagree with you and can see the game is skewed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

I'm starting to think its useless talking to you. You make no sense your just arguing to argue at this point. Please read and re-read till you can comprehend the argument. If you read properly I told you the exact issue. Did I say local millionaires were robbing me. Also a mere millionaire isn't necessarily a 1 percenter. You feel the game isn't rigged then your prolly nothing more than a shill. The majority of Americans disagree with you and can see the game is skewed.

Same common crap here on ATS lately.
If you don't agree, then you are a shill.
Is that all you got?
I do understand, it is you that is mistaken.

The only thing standing in the way of making your own wealth is Govt. Period.
Regulation, Taxes, Moronic Laws and Penalties created by the Govt.

The banks want more Millionaires, as they provide larger funds then those making only $40k a year.

Your lack of a basic understanding on Wealth creation sums up most of the OWS movement.
Keep yelling the mantra of "You have more and its not fair". I am sure it will be a wild success for you.

And I love the talking points that are constantly offered up. Same crap, different thread.
Right now the Billionaires are the issue.
When their money runs out, then it will be the Billionaires.
Then when their money runs out, it will be those within the $900-$500k people.
And so on.

edit on 27-10-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

The majority of Americans disagree with you and can see the game is skewed.

No, no they don't because the OWS does not represent MOST of America.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing, your just spitting the same righty talking points hashed and rehashed. You refuse to think out of your little box. Yes is government in everyone's path yeah right. Who controls the government mac? Uh yeah that's right the lobbyist from the corporations.

What you fail to realize is the government isnt separate from the corporations they are in the pockets of the corporations so you make no sense saying government is in the way of progress and then not realize who is controlling the government. So I wont call you a shill your just plain uninformed
edit on 29-10-2011 by MrStyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Has nothign to do with agreeing or disagreeing, your just spitting the same righty talking points hashed and rehashed. You refuse to think out of your little box. Yes is government in everyone's path yeah right. Who controls the government mac? Uh yeah that's right the lobbyist from the corporations.

What you fail to realize is the government isnt separate from the corporations they are in the pockets of the corporations so you make no sense saying government is in the way of progress and then not realize who is controlling the government.

If they are not separate, then the OWS crowd needs to move to the WH and Capital buildings as well.
Along with other Govt agencies.
But, that won't happen.
Occupy the Social Security Admin? Yeah right.
What about Work Force Services? Nope.
Social Services? Not a chance.

It is simply Cheery Picking on the part of OWS and the string pullers in the back ground.

Who controls the Govt? I believe the answer is power hungry politicians.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Who Cares?
I do, if they obtained it at the expense of the rest of the country.

These people are the ones that preach "Personal Responsibility" and would not know what it is if it bit them on the face.

How is it being responsible and independent, when you fund or bribe politicians, or better yet, become a politician to help your cronies out on Wall Street or in some Huge Mega Corporation?

Where is the Personal Responsibility?

If the government was shrunk to 5% of what it is today, a lot of these 1% would FAIL, because they would actually have to compete in the Free and Open Capitalistic Market, rather than one that is tailored to their benefit, via contracts passed out, New Rules and Regs, Repealed Bills, Bail Outs, NAFTA, Glass Steagal, CRA... all these programs have benefited the 1% at the expense to the rest of the country.

And with some of these programs, they were sold as being for the public lol, when the ones benefiting are the banksters or Mega Ceo's.

It is the same with Obama Care. It is a favor to Big Pharma and Med Insurance, and I can guarantee you, that it will not be repealed by any of the next presidents, regardless of their "stripe". Just as Glass Steagal, NAFTA, WTO etc have not been repealed, even though many admins have come and gone since their inception.

People need to understand that we are being run in this country by FInancial Terrorists in the Government, on Wall Street, and in the Big Mega Corporations, that only serve themselves and it is not going to change until we forcefully evict them!

reply to post by Americanist

Who cares????
So what....

Unless you are envious of what they have, or want it taken from them and handed out to everyone else, who cares!!!

Stop worrying about what others have.
Start taking care of yourself.

Geez, more focused attention on building yourself, instead of tearing others down.

edit on 29-10-2011 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why occupy the Whitehouse lawn?

Why does the military go after those that fund the terrorists?

When you have 10 financial lobbyists per congress member, and more Wall Street Banksters turned politician turned Wall Street Bankster, and it does not matter what stripe the president is, I would say ground zero is Wall Street.

If the protests were moved to the white house lawn, it would get hijacked into a left / right divide with the current "puppet" in power, and as usual, there would be a lot of rhetoric and finger pointing between dems and repubs in the house and nothing would get done.

Then, after the show, these "dems and repubs" would go behind closed doors and laugh it off while the banksters continue the looting.

Its time to stop the looting and start the prosecuting.

Has nothign to do with agreeing or disagreeing, your just spitting the same righty talking points hashed and rehashed. You refuse to think out of your little box. Yes is government in everyone's path yeah right. Who controls the government mac? Uh yeah that's right the lobbyist from the corporations.

What you fail to realize is the government isnt separate from the corporations they are in the pockets of the corporations so you make no sense saying government is in the way of progress and then not realize who is controlling the government.

If they are not separate, then the OWS crowd needs to move to the WH and Capital buildings as well.
But, that won't happen.

It is simply Cheery Picking on the part of OWS and the string pullers in the back ground.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

But, that won't happen.

From the looks of your avatar it appears you are employed by the "power hungry politicians".
I don't know if I should trust an opinion from a hired killer from the government.

Your mantra seems to be 'All is well I will just keep firing my M16... the noise drowns out all thought and feelings'.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
Who Cares?

These people are the ones that preach "Personal Responsibility" and would not know what it is if it bit them on the face.

How is it being responsible and independent, when you fund or bribe politicians, or better yet, become a politician to help your cronies out on Wall Street or in some Huge Mega Corporation?

If the government was shrunk to 5% of what it is today, a lot of these 1% would FAIL, because they would actually have to compete in the Free and Open Capitalistic Market, rather than one that is tailored to their benefit, via contracts passed out, New Rules and Regs, Repealed Bills, Bail Outs, NAFTA, Glass Steagal, CRA... all these programs have benefited the 1% at the expense to the rest of the country.

And with some of these programs, they were sold as being for the public lol, when the ones benefiting are the banksters or Mega Ceo's.

It is the same with Obama Care. It is a favor to Big Pharma and Med Insurance, and I can guarantee you, that it will not be repealed by any of the next presidents, regardless of their "stripe". Just as Glass Steagal, NAFTA, WTO etc have not been repealed, even though many admins have come and gone since their inception.

People need to understand that we are being run in this country by FInancial Terrorists in the Government, on Wall Street, and in the Big Mega Corporations, that only serve themselves and it is not going to change until we forcefully evict them!

Who cares????
So what....

Unless you are envious of what they have, or want it taken from them and handed out to everyone else, who cares!!!

Geez, more focused attention on building yourself, instead of tearing others down.

So by stating that if the Govt shrunk, some of the 1% would fail just shows the proof.

Shrink Govt, Shrink the 1%, by applying your logic.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Yep, lets not cherry pick and play "What ifs".

To suggest that it is solely Wall Street is as ignorant as it gets.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

But, that won't happen.

From the looks of your avatar it appears you are employed by the "power hungry politicians".
I don't know if I should trust an opinion from a hired killer from the government.

Your mantra seems to be 'All is well I will just keep firing my M16... the noise drowns out all thought and feelings'.

*Sigh* Another person with a knee jerk reaction, based on what their magic 8 ball has provided them.

Yep, I was a hired killer. I have been found out. Oh NO!!!!!

Please, get a clue and come back.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Who cares????
So what....

The leveraging of inflated fiat money is the cause of the stock market increase in the last 30 years. The top 1% earned thier money here.

You agreed to repay the bankers who created this money and the foriegn countries that the promise of repayment was sold to.

In affect YOU AGREED to exchange a good portion of your working life to repay this debt.

The IRS will be knocking on your door with thier swat teams tommarrow to collect

Now there are some people out there who seem to think they have recieved some sort of spiratual get out of debtors prison card or something and that's just not the case.

edit on 29-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No, if you shrink the government, those that depend on contracts from their sugar daddy, or tailoring rules to their benefit would fail.

These Huge Corporations that get subsidies from the US Gov or tax breaks would not have the same edge in a free market.

What would happen is, a lot of small business's would be created to cater to the demand after these TBTF, failed.
You know, the ones that employ most of the people in this country anyhow.

You would then see a lessen in inequality as the market share would be spread out over the whole country rather than concentrated with a few, with the gov blessing as it is.

Originally posted by jacobe001
Who Cares?

Who cares????
So what....

So by stating that if the Govt shrunk, some of the 1% would fail just shows the proof.

Shrink Govt, Shrink the 1%, by applying your logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join