It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Concerning What Humans Worship As God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

This thread is a great example of the human intellect's freedom to believe whatever it wants to believe, and to perceive what it wishes to perceive. That said, it can't construct a reality confine that will contain it. Nothing can do that.

And to that I say... Something has and does within every cycle of existence.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Feel free to compare these two statements:

The initiator of our reality has that same logical relationship with this reality. It simply can't inhale its own author.

One comprehends Everything One can render while passing through Every occasion of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The basic problem with any discussion of "God" is that there has never been and will apparently never be a definition put forth that encompasses everybody's notion of it without it being inherently paradoxical and useless. Most definitions that include any reference to infinities can't account for need and motivation. Why would an all-encompassing entity existing beyond time and space need to create anything, since it apparently lacks nothing?

Apart from the people who see God as what they read (or are told is) in the Bible, what most people accept as God is nothing much more than a feeling they get of vastness, of unknowing. God is the floaty feeling you get when you stand on the edge of your own ignorance. It's personal, not philosophical.

The truth is, God is what people say it is. Even if they're wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Feel free to compare these two statements:

The initiator of our reality has that same logical relationship with this reality. It simply can't inhale its own author.

One comprehends Everything One can render while passing through Every occasion of the Universe.

I would like to add that one of your sig lines fits the OP quite well:

"Anyone can complicate a given subject, but true genius is in simplifying to its basic form."

NE loves to complicate the simple but that's a complicated mind for ya.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible but kNot any simpler." - Æ

Ribbit

Ps: Excellent comparison!

edit on 26-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

True...

Yet you can still admit the effort behind nature is indicative of its Creator.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My God is the truth, the life and the reality, and love, the love between a beloved and beloved other. There is no metaphysical description however which can possibly apprehend the Absolute, since all such conceptualizations are a model nothing more.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I appreciate it!
Evidence of a younger mindset over a decade old now. I aged a bit then delved into physics...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Is it me or is that not what the Op defined as truth?

This truth about physical existence results in the Informational Continuum, and each "full" reality confine is wholly and accurately defined by its own Informational Continuum.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
My God is the truth, the life and the reality, and love, the love between a beloved and beloved other. There is no metaphysical description however which can possibly apprehend the Absolute, since all such conceptualizations are a model nothing more.

Behind our bodies is the blueprint (On our faces... A Map of The World). Where Absolute and Truth are concerned... You won't lose sight of this.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I appreciate it!
Evidence of a younger mindset over a decade old now. I aged a bit then delved into physics...

I know, I just replied to your reply on another thread. Have you ever read what Tesla wrote on the Electromagnetic Consciousness of the Universe?

www.tesla-symp06.org...

You are very close to the truth and science, along with math (it is a science but kNot as stupid as most) is what will define God/Source.

You and a friend of mine need to share notes.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Behind our bodies is the blueprint (On our faces... A Map of The World). Where Absolute and Truth are concerned... You won't lose sight of this.

Very close to what I've said:

The blueprint of the Universe/Source/God is the blueprint of Life itself and its Perfect Order teaches us that Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control. From that, the equation of Perfect Order is formed:

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

The answers to Life surround us, outside and inside, all We have to dew is Question everything to relearn that which We already once knew.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

True...

A smartalic?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Americanist

This is observed and by observation I can conclude such. The underlying factor is of course what I see as an observation must be reality in all senses to conclude this is without a doubt an indication. Make sense?

Soooo many possibilities it is fascinating.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The whole of creation might be a mask for the absolute truth as something intrinsic to the heart and soul of it all, and from what I understand the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming is without a frame of reference or I should say an entirely open frame of reference. For all we know the whole universe is mediated by a non-localized single photon of light, but what would that matter, and what difference would that make.

The more I get into analyzing this stuff, and believe me I've done my share, although nothing to the degree that NorEaster has, the more I am convinced that our EXPERIENCE of BEING ALIVE is everything, not the surface appearances of things, nor the subjective interpretations, not the reality filters of the informational continuum or matrix of reality, not the "infrastructure", but the very thing the infrastructure is FOR, as it's reason and purpose underlying it all. It's of a purely qualitative nature, and it's an impression or an intuition, a feeling if you will about DEEP reality lurking at the very heart of things. The rest of it leaves me only baffled and discombobulated, and in the final analysis, I think although it was needed to bring me to this point, that the knowledge and "gnosis" of felt experience means everything.

No doubt however that the worship of a "God" as an outside entity is foolish, but relationship with God as a higher power or as the height of consciousness certainly isn't as there is much wisdom to be had from such a relationship which cannot be denied.

edit on 26-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

This is observed and by observation I can conclude such. The underlying factor is of course what I see as an observation must be reality in all senses to conclude this is without a doubt an indication. Make sense?

Soooo many possibilities it is fascinating.

Possibilities compounded by probabilities makes the mathematical inclusions and exclusions infinite.

BTW - observation is an excellent werd to use but what faculties dew you use to observe with?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No doubt however that the worship of a "God" as an outside entity is foolish, but relationship with God as a higher power or as the height of consciousness certainly isn't as there is much wisdom to be had from such a relationship which cannot be denied.

Absolutely pee on!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Interesting thread OP!

I never really questioned what "God" is.
I understand that it is beyond my mind to grasp the concepts.

Interestingly enough, on another thread about spirit guide contact I had asked my own guides about spirit guides, and part of what came out kind of mirrors your thinking about the creator.
It does not matter to me if people believe in guides or not, I found the information interesting as I do not hold to any concept of god other than there is something more.
I leave everything open as possible. Anyways, a simple explanation from my guide was this:

"The spirit world is full of every kind of energy you can think of and things you cannot think of.
Energy and consciousness co-exist within each other as one being.
this being is what we call "God".

The great consciousness acts much like a diamond.
It is filled with light, and within that light resides everything that was, is, or possibly will be.
All things are possible in spirit.
It is a hologram of consciousness."

That is the first time I have ever openly tried to ask my guides any sort of information like this, as I was asking about spirit guides but my guide felt it necessary to add that part about the creator.

Maybe I am just nuts, but....damn.

I take everything with a grain of salt, thanks for adding a sprinkle

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

True...

A smartalic?

Ribbit

If we use you as evidence... The proof is in the pudding!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Possibilities compounded by probabilities makes the mathematical inclusions and exclusions infinite. BTW - observation is an excellent werd to use but what faculties dew you use to observe with? Ribbit

Ha! In regards to your first sentence.... No Sh$$ Sherlock. Thanks for expanding my thoughts into your own spin.

Observation is an excellent word isn't it. Why ask about the faculties I use....thought you were all knowing.

All joking aside, I would hate for you to assume so by which faculties I observe is through my being of consciousness.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

True...

A smartalic?

Ribbit

If we use you as evidence... The proof is in the pudding!

Pee Pudd'n?

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join