It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. proposes lying, hiding existence of records under new FOIA rule

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is to be expected when you allow your employees to make the rules.

The only hope is a complete cleansing of our system. One more example of the JustUs system thumbing its nose at us and daring us to hold them accountable.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

Sadly, it's the end of the world as we knew it

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

When you become a US citizen and actually understand our government and politics,let alone actually visit this country, then I might care about your opinion. Until then, feel free to continue your trooling *(need the link again on that word?) and contiued BS about a police state.

Gee sorry I bring up the types of questions you don't like answering..

And oddly I see you comment on many countries affairs that I doubt very much your a citizen of or have ever visited..

BTW, I don't care much about your opinion either but I feel a compelling urge to correct your many lies and mistakes.

Not a police state.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Gee sorry I bring up the types of questions you don't like answering..

Stating the US is a police state is not a question, its an opinion.

And oddly I see you comment on many countries affairs that I doubt very much your a citizen of or have ever visited..

Make all the assumptions you want, it doesnt change the fact you have no idea how the US works.

BTW, I don't care much about your opinion either but I feel a compelling urge to correct your many lies and mistakes.

Spoken like a true and loyal PressTV automaton.

Not a police state.

I can see how you are confused on this one, so again, nope - not a police state.

Any comments that are on topic?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I can see how you are confused on this one, so again, nope - not a police state.

Any comments that are on topic?

IMO it's a police state and many share that view..
Being a police state fits in well with your thread topic so I'm not sure why you would think it's an off topic comment..

Then again you do tend to change your thread topics mid stream and call anything or anyone off topic that doesn't agree with you..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What part do you have a problem with?

With the FOIA process? the info? the exceptions?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by backinblack

What part do you have a problem with?

With the FOIA process? the info? the exceptions?

I have HUGE problems with the lack of transparency that's been creeping into Governments everywhere..

These are NOT secrets that could immediately threaten life etc and it seems obvious a lot is being done to protect the guilty..

Like even in Australia for eg, they seald all files related to the Port Arthur Massacre for 30 years..

You gotta ask WHY?????

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This only highlights the obvious for those who have reasoned out the outcome. Fighting from within the system is doomed to failure.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have HUGE problems with the lack of transparency that's been creeping into Governments everywhere..

We agree here

These are NOT secrets that could immediately threaten life etc and it seems obvious a lot is being done to protect the guilty..

In the US we are innocent until proven guilty. As far as the other part if it doesnt meet the FOIA exemption then it should be released as is.

Like even in Australia for eg, they seald all files related to the Port Arthur Massacre for 30 years..

What is their reason for doing that? We have had some files like that sealed, but only because it dealt with living relatives, and in some cases was sealed at the families request.

You gotta ask WHY?????

It got you back on topic didnt it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
This only highlights the obvious for those who have reasoned out the outcome. Fighting from within the system is doomed to failure.

Surrender before even joining the battle?

Sorry im not ready to surrender, and neither should anyone else.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They want to make it so they can lie and say the records don't exist? Why not just do away with FOIA then?

Meh.... I bet it wont happen.... It just completely defeats the purpose of FOIA.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
They want to make it so they can lie and say the records don't exist? Why not just do away with FOIA then?

Meh.... I bet it wont happen.... It just completely defeats the purpose of FOIA.

I was thinking the same thing.. The logic on this one eludes me. From what I have seen from the talking heads on this topic, if its codified it gives people cover when they do lie, where as right now apparently its just a memo with the policy directive.

What I found amazing on that comment from them was it came from the DOJ when asked. There is no law that protects them from lieing when it comes to a FOIA request that doesnt meet the exemptions. So what do they do? Go on record asking for a law to cover the lies they ahve already told.

Why there has been no lawsuit filed since the government just admitted they lied to conceal documents that werent part of the exemptions is beyond me.

Part of me woners if it has to do with Operation fast and furious. Subpoenas have gone out but from what ive seen the DOJ is going o refuse to comply citing some privelidge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join