Middleton Tavern- This is one of the oldest buildings in Annapolis and was originally built in the middle of the 1700's and purchased by Horatio
Middleton, after his death it was passed down to his son Samuel. Many famous historical individuals have been said to of stayed at the tavern, some of
which being Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the founder of america George Washington.
It is unsure as to who exactly walks the halls of the tavern, which is currently a restaurant and bar. But, there have been many many occurrences that
seem to carry on in story. Be it the frequent plate flying across the room, to glasses falling off the bar's wall, as though they are being knocked
off one by one, happenings seem to occur very often. On one occasion a table filled with empty dinner plates was unexplainably turned over. And, on
another occasion, a restaurant employee witnessed a man in period clothing staring out onto the harbor, as though he was waiting for a ship to come
in, and then as fast as the man appeared he disappeared. Shadows move across the rooms, and lanterns that are mounted on the walls are turned upside
down. The witnesses love to tell their stories, and almost seem to welcome whatever or whoever it is that is there.
Bridgewater Triangle- The amounts of reports of paranormal activity within the triangle is simply huge. Stories are not just surrounding ghosts
though, pretty much every type of paranormal activity has been reported here starting from precolonial times.
The stories are so varied and include just about everything that could be classed as paranormal. they include poltergeist activity, balls of fire, Big
Foot sightings, ghosts of Indians and soldiers, and reports of UFOs and large birds with ten-foot wingspans.
Hockomock swamp is mostly native American hauntings and include hearing Indian battle cries, drumming and singing. The Profile Rock, shaped in the
profile of a Indian face, is considered sacred to Native Americans in the area.
UFO reports began in the early 1700's and continue through actual police reports today. There are also existing and current reports of a Big Foot-like
creature. It has also been seen scavenging the gardens of homeowners whose property surround the swap.
The Freetown Fall River State Forest has been home to many cults dedicated to black magic. It has also served as the dumping ground for the bodies of
murder victims and mutilated livestock. Animal sacrifice has happened here on many occasions, as well as satanic murders.Ghost sightings include a
hitchhiking ghost with red hair that wonders along Route 44. A ghostly trucker has been seen driving the road in Freetown.
Ardmore Center- Most reports of paranormal activity at this location mostly include that of seeing apparitions. Many people have said to have seen the
ghostly figures of children playing at the rear of the building, children who are said to be dressed in clothing from the 60's. As the building was
built in the 80's, this may be due to a previous event on the land which the center was built on.
Another popular report is that of seeing the figure of an old man in one of the upstairs windows, he has been seen by many since the building was
abandoned and seems to fade away the longer you look at him.
The Old Insane Asylum- On many occasions people have witnessed wheelchairs moving from one end of the hall to another and seeing inprints of people
that resided there while there is no one in the building. Many people have gone into this empty building and come out with sever mental disorders. The
building is no longer standing but you can still see people that used to live there.
This was once listed as 'Thief River Falls - The Old Insane Asylum'. There never was an insane asylum in Thief River Falls. However, a resident of the
town for many years, knows the building that is being referred to. It was formerly located in Oakland Park, the three-story brick building built in
the late 1800s was a sanitarium for tuberculosis patients. It served that purpose until Tuberculosis was eradicated in the 1950s. After that, the
building was used as a nursing home until a new nursing home was built on the property in the late 70s early 80s. In the mid-1980s the building housed
a dormitory for the local community college. The students that lived there were a little upset when the college failed to mention that the 'dorm' was
about six miles away from the college.
Needless to say, the building was only used for a few years as a dorm. It stood empty from that time and was used for storage for the nursing home. It
was torn down a few years ago. There are some interesting features on the building and its history. A tunnel was constructed that lead from the
basement kitchen to the nurses' quarters, that was a separate building on the premises, so that the staff could travel between the buildings without
having to go outside in the winter.
John's Bayou Road- In roughly the last five years there have been three very similar car accidents with survivors claiming the same thing. In the
reports, the drivers have said they were driving alone at night and noticed what seemed to be blood on the road, being curious, they stop to see what
it is. After they would get back in their vehicles, before they can even start their car headlights come from no where, and a dark colored van would
crash into their vehicle.
In that exact location (the four way crossing of John's Bayou and Mount Pleasant) there have been 5 car wrecks, three have survived and sadly two
ended with in fatality, but the three that did survive all reported the exact same story. All five of the vehicles were found with black paint from
the vehicle that crashed into them.
The Lemp Mansion- The Mansion is alleged to be one of the nation's most haunted buildings. In the 1980s, it was ranked in the top nine haunted places
by Life Magazine.There have been four confirmed suicides at the mansion and reputed paranormal incidents include doors opening, shutting, locking, and
unlocking on their own; candles lighting on their own; and a glass flying off a bar and crashing to the floor.
Visitors to the mansion have reported feeling as if they are being watched, or sensing an atmosphere of sadness, and some claim to have seen
apparitions of members of the Lemp family.One report says that, during the mansion's restoration, a painter working on a mural felt that he was being
watched and immediately fled the mansion, without washing his brushes or taking out his equipment, and never returned.
Various groups have held seances in the mansion, and reported that most of the paranormal activity is related to the ghost of Charles Lemp. Ghosts of
other family members, including Lillian (the Lavender Lady), have also reportedly been seen.
Zakos House - 319 South 5th St. West- This has been called the spookiest house in all of Montana! IN 1938, James and Eleanor Zakos moved into the
Victorian house with their six children and Eleanor's mother. Immediately, they began hearing a woman's bloodcurdling screams coming from the inside
the walls. The screams always came in two shrieks that started out low in pitch and rose higher, "until the volume threatened to split the walls."
The shrieking sounds went on day and night and came from throughout the house.
The Zakoses called the police and fire departments and hired an electrician to inspect the entire building. No one could find any explanation for the
sounds. By 1941, the family had given up on trying to find the source of the screams and resigned themselves to living in a haunted house. Then, in
1956, Eleanor's sister arranged to have an exorcism performed by the Reverend Andrew Landin. That seemed to have quieted the house until 1980, when
Mary Zakos, who was just a baby when her family moved to the house, told reporters that she was seeing handwriting on the wall of her bedroom. Mary
was a writer of horror and modern romance books, and her psychiatrist insisted she was somehow projecting the writing on to the wall.
Centennial Hall- Centennial Hall is the oldest standing school building in Nebraska, and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Now a
museum, Centennial Hall is open to guests during the late spring through to the early autumn months. In 1944, a school girl died of a heart attack
that was brought on by poisoning. According to local legends it was the girl's clarinet reed that was poisoned, killing her. Several former teachers
have talked about cold drafts, strange noises, and a generally strange feeling at times in the old school, as well as one teacher who wants to stay
anonymous, thought that he actually saw an apparition for a split second.
Numerous people in the town have said that they can hear music coming from the old music room, the school hasn't been open but as a museum since 1978,
and no instruments are left in the school, though the music room has been turned into a 'bell' room for the museum. A few people have reported seeing
chimes moving inside the building with no drafts and rocking chairs rocking with no one sitting in them.
Near the Intersection of Carson St. and Cemetery Rd.-The ghost of Henry Comstock haunts the site where he discovered the "Comstock Lode" in January
1859. He lost millions of dollars when developers took over the claim. In the winter of 1874, and eerie light shot out from the mouth of the mine
and rose 60 feet into the air.
Townspeople arrived to put out what they thought was a fire, but no smoke or flame could be detected. All they could see was the weird light coming
from half-way down the shaft. The next morning, strange things were reported at the long-deserted seven-hundred-foot level. The cage would be
summoned when no one was there, and odd sounds could be heard coming from that level. Investigators discovered the glowing ghost of Henry Comstock,
who identified himself, and said that he was reclaiming his gold.
Chunks of skin were hanging from his decomposing skeleton and "his eyes were an orange-yellow color with pupils that danced as if filled with blue
flames." The ghoulish phantom continued to harass the miners, blowing out their candles one at a time in a row, calling the cage when no one was
around, and filling the tunnels with his howling, insane laughter.
Gilson Rd Cemetery-There has been many sightings of 'misty people' reported. It is said that if you walk from the front entrance to the middle of the
cemetery, it feels like you're wading in water. People that have parked across the road have also said it feels like they are being pushed back away
from the cemetery. Standing at the perimeter many have reported hearing voices coming from the back, right-hand corner. Some of the tombstone dates go
back as far as the early 1800's. A black hooded figure has also been seen on several occasions.
There are also areas around this cemetery, in the woods, and also where new homes that have built, that are haunted. There have been many occurences
that have happened in this area. There has been a glittering seen in many places in the woods, as well as hearing strange sounds and seeing shadows.
Peoples voices seem to be heard, but cannot be understood. People have heard things, that are assumed to be un-human, moving around in the area.
Horses and dogs sometimes shy at different areas no matter the time or even refusing to go anywhere near some areas.
Some of the older homes have unexplained things happen in them such as glasses breaking as they have been reached for, cold spots, and doors and
windows that open for no reason, or that refuse to stay closed. The local Elementary school has sports fields that are very close to the cemetery, and
things have been seen and heard in this fields at any given time. There is also the belief that someone or something watches over this area. It has
been seen by children just inside the woods or crossing the fields and roads in the area at different times of the day or night.
Main Street-There is a farmhouse that dates back to the mid 1800's, it i now refurbished and occupied by ClinCon Research. It is said to be haunted by
young girl in a white dress. A 19th century farmer living in the house often saw the girl staring at him, and sometimes saw her crying, through a
window. His dog refused to go in the room where the girl liked to make an apperance most often.
Finally, tiring of this behavior knowing there was no danger, he locked his dog in the room, and the dog chewed and clawed its way almost all the way
through the door to get out. The farmer once confronted the girl in a hallway, but when she turned towards him, she had no face. Recent incidents
include unexplained movement of furniture. Many old buildings along Main Street, including the Public House Inn, are haunted.
The St. James Hotel-The most violent and prevalent ghost is that of a T. J. Wright who haunts room 18, where he was shot to death. It seems that
Wright had just won the hotel in a poker game, but was never able to collect his winnings because as he was walking down the hall towards his room, he
was shot in the back. Wright stumbled into his room, room 18, and slowly bled to death.
The room is the epicenter of some physically violent episodes. Some of the natives of Cimarron say that there have been mysterious deaths linked with
those that have entered the room, but that is just rumors. Whether rumor, truth, or a little bit of both, the room is closed off to everyone today.
For some firsthand experience, stay in room 17, the Mary Lambert room of the hotel. Mary was Henry’s wife and took over the hotel’s keeping after
her husband’s death in 1913. It seems she has yet to stop, though she herself died in the hotel in December of 1926. She seems to be the protector
of the hotel, watching out for it and everyone who stays. The signs that you have met Mary include a cloying floral scent in and outside of her room;
tapping on the window of her room if it is left open, only to stop when someone closes it; and some have even witnessed a transparent figure walking
A spirit that haunts the entire hotel is a very short old man called “little imp”. He likes to play tricks of the employees by taking things and
putting them in places where they absolutely do not belong. One story claims that he once stuck a knife in the floor between the two owners of the
hotel. His presence seems to be that of the mischievous sort, laughing at those who are surprised or frustrated by his actions.
There are also many occurrences at the hotel that are the product of the many spirits that are just passing through. There are cold spots, the scent
of cigar smoke permeates the second floor in the no smoking building, items falling, electronics behave strangely or stop working completely, feelings
of being watched, lights turn on by themselves, and the eeriest of all, some have seen the apparitions of cowboys sitting in the saloon or playing
Today, the hotel is and elegant reminder of the Wild West heyday, there are no phones, radios, or televisions in the original section of the hotel.
The current owners annexed the original building with a modern set of rooms with every convenience, but that has not prevented it from some strange
happenings. Those who stay in the newest part of the hotel have complained about doors opening and closing by themselves as well as hearing
disembodied voices. Visiting the St. James Hotel, you will find crystal chandeliers, brocade wallpaper and velvet draperies if you stay the night,
perhaps even a haunt or two.
Most Holy Trinity Church- Most Holy Trinity Church was built between 1882 and 1885. There are many mysterious passageways, sub-basements, bricked-up
doorways, and false closets leading to tunnels throughout the church and adjacent convent, for this was a stop on the Underground Railroad, where
slaves from the South escaped to freedom in Canada. Brooklyn, a prosaic and peaceful suburb of New York City, is one of the last places we'd think of
in haunted New York State, but the ghosts remain.
George Stelz, parish bell-ringer and sexton, died 1897, in the vestibule of the church. His murder was never solved. Bloody hand prints of both George
and his murderer appear on the stairwell to the bell tower, and re-appear as soon as they are removed. The church bells ring inexplicably, and it's
said they'll do so until the murder is solved.
The Battleship- The USS North Carolina is located at 1 Battleship Road in Wilmington NC. From all over the United States came the men most of them not
much more than boys that served in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The US North Carolina was involved in almost every major battle of the
Pacific Theater and many young men lost their lifes aboard the ship while she was involved in the fight against Japan.
And many of the mens ghosts remain today aboard the grand old lady. She keeps her secrets well but many of her visitors have had some very strange
paranormal experiences aboard the USS North Carolina. You name it and it probally has happened. Tools vanish. Vacum Cleaners have completly vanished
never to be seen again. People have sworn they have saw a officier running across the deck yelling at people to get down. Many people have thought it
was part of a show. But its not. People hear screams of men and strange banging sounds coming from below deck. And many ghostly figures have been seen
running or walking all over the ship. Ghost Hunters who have visited the ship say it is one of the most haunted places they have ever been. Just
simply a hot bed of paranormal activity.
The Night Watch Men on the ship over the years say that 3-4 nights out of the year for some reason the activity is the highest. On those nights ghosts
just simply put on a show. You hear the ghosts running up and down the halls and if your below deck you hear the sounds of the big guns above you only
when you get back above deck there is no activity and no one around.
The Night Watch Men have also smelled the smells of cooking coming from the old kitchens. They say you can smell coffee boiling plain as day. But
there is no one cooking in the kitchen. A black cook's ghost is also seen in this area. He simply walks through and vanishes at the kitchen door.
Old Luger Hotel- This very old home was built in the 1950's. Richard Luger and his family lived on the main floor and the rooms upstairs numbers 1-6
were either rented out or just for one night stays. Luger would often get complaints about room number 4. They always said they saw a little girl in a
white gown with long curly hair standing at the foot of the bed at night. They could also hear her giggling during various hours of the day. She would
also move things, make things fall over, or open the closet door.
Luger didn't know what to tell his guests. His grandfather had built the house, Richard didn't know of anything like this happening in the past so he
couldn't explain. His daughter now sleeps in that room, her sister who sleeps in room number 6 has claimed to see that little girl run past her room
and into room 4. She would walk in that room and see nothing except her younger sister asleep in her bed. It is also said to be haunted in the
basement by a man, an old woman, and two women. You never really hear or see the man or old woman as much as you can hear the two women talking.
Cincinnati - Music Hall - Many workers who clean the building at night have seen and heard many strange things. One maintenance man was going in the
maintenance elevator in the back of the building when he heard people whispering very angrily at him. As a historical note I should tell you that
Music Hall was built over a pauper's cemetery and in the 80's when they were renovating they found many graves. Anyway one worker was in the building
at night by himself and he heard laughter coming from one of the ballrooms, when he investigated he saw several men and women dressed in 1800's
clothing. This next event took place during the day and several women witnessed it. Several women were preparing for an event that was to be held
there when they all heard a beautiful female voice. They searched the whole building but they found nothing. None of them felt threaten because the
voice was so beautiful.
The Historical McBride House- This three story Queen Ann Bed and Breakfast has four residential ghost that haunt the house. They are extremely active,
they have been heard talking, also they have been seen and they have been felt. Sometimes they will tap a guest on the shoulders, stroke the back of
their hair, grab their waist, and pull on their clothing. They can be heard going up and down both staircases at all hours, one bedroom door will not
stay closed at night, they give parties in one of the rooms downstairs, they take things from guest and owners, they whisper in the ears of the guests
when they are in bed, and will also sit on the beds and shake them. One of the ghosts is believed to be Dr. McBride, that built the house, then there
is a Victorian lady dressed all in white, she also appears at the Old Army Hospital across the street, and two children a boy and a girl.
The White Eagle Cafe- The White Eagle cafe consists of two stories and during this time, the upstairs was a brothel filled with white women and the
basement was a brothel filled with black and Chinese women. There was one girl who worked in the brothels by the name of Rose. Rose was well-known
throughout the brothels as she was considered to be the sole property of the owner of the brothel.
There was one customer however who fell deeply in love with Rose and begged her to leave her world of abuse and run away with him. Rose was far too
frightened to stand up to her owner and so she refused the man.He became very angry and stabbed her in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Rose had most
likely spent a lot of time in the bedroom that she was killed in and it seems as though she has chosen to live out the rest of her spirit life there
Rose constantly wanders around the upstairs level of the once-ago brothel and she particularly likes to spend time in the room that was the setting
for the last moments of her life. Some guests while staying there have claimed that they have been approached by Rose during their stay and that she
has propositioned them while there.
The Gates Of Hell- The Gates of Hell are located along Tent Church Road near Uniontown P A. Once there was a couple who lived in a small house, which
sat further back behind from where the gates are now located. The man who was said to be unstable, killed his wife and burnt down their house. After
doing this he then killed himself. Since this occured the spot has been rumored to be haunted, by the two spirtis. One of the spirits is said to be
angry while the other one is just there.
The circumstances of the haunting are, If you go down to the gates and park beside them on certain nights, and just set there, you will see and hear
unexplained things. People have reportedly heard the sounds in the air of many different voices chatting at once. The sounds of laughing coming from
the the air just behind the gates, has also been heard. Some of The sightings have been of balls of light, shadows, and white mist.
In addition others claim to have been touched in various places, by something unseen, while here at midnight. There are times when nothing will
happen, and other times when the unexplained will take place. The word is to just go down there and set.
(The Sprague Mansion)
This haunted mansion has attracted ghost hunters – both professional and amateur – for years! Nestled comfortably in Rhode Island, this is one of
the most haunted places in RI that an individual can experience.
Individuals who have lived and worked in the Sprague Mansion have claimed that there are actual spirits residing in this structure. There have been a
number of hauntings at this place. Many have even expressed the fact that they came in direct contact with the spirits that lurk among the shadows of
this haunted mansion. Here, you will learn about some of the experiences that have been encountered while visiting the Sprague Mansion.
Based on the research and documentation that has been studied regarding this haunted mansion, it has been concluded that the first ever response to a
supposed ghost in the house was in the year of 1925. This report stemmed from a woman that actually resided in the home at the time. She claimed that
she witnessed a female coming down the stairs in the home. A couple of years later, another individual reported a claim of spiritual activity in the
house. This was a claim that they were physically touched, and even saw the hand!
Many have claimed to have seen a female in this mansion that is spiritual based. She is often observed in a very attractive dress, standing by the
mirror that resides in the area of the ballroom. This spirit has been noted in being lost in thought, or distant. Very rarely has this ghostly female
ever acknowledged that others were in the room.
There is one particular visitor that claims that he has actually been touched by an unseen person. Basically, it is described as something that
grabbed his shoulder. While the spirit did not seem to be a negative force, the grab was mostly like a friend grabs the shoulder of a friend – not
too strong, not too heavy.
Then, there are those experiences that are related to the ghosts that actually reside in the home. Sounds like walking when no one is there, and
malfunctions in electricity have been found to be related to the ghost activities that occur within the Sprague Mansion.
Numerous individuals have claimed that while they were asleep in the beds at the mansion, the covers and other bedding has been removed. This often
occurs quickly as if someone pulled the bedding down.
There was a séance which included a Ouija board. When guests played, the board spelled out the words “my” and “land” for “my land” –
this was very consistent throughout the entire duration of having the Ouija board play a part in the séance.
The Battery- Built in 1843, the battery Carriage House is part of a larger, private home, but visitors who dare overnight are welcomed by the B&B’s
staff. Heavy footsteps are heard on stairways where no one is seen walking. Strange glowing masses appear, change shape and fade away and cell phones
act oddly in Room 3 of the Inn. Shutters open and close on their own and some visitors report seeing faces on one of the Inn’s beautiful mirrors.
Beginning in the early 1990s, reports started coming in about more oddities. People report feeling like they were being watched in the middle of the
night, and perhaps most disturbing of all, some visitors claim to have seen a headless torso dressed in layers of clothing, overcoat on top haunting
The strange headless torso is thought to be either the remnants of a colonial pirate or a man from the Civil War period. His overcoat is of a coarse
material, which, depending on additional details could belong to a man of either historical period. Speculation rages over the figure’s identity and
people get an uneasy feeling when he appears. He is possibly one of the many pirates and near-do-wells that met their end “dancing the hempen jig”
in 1718 when Charleston tried and hanged nearly 50 pirates.
Charleston was overrun by pirates and was one of Blackbeard’s favorite ports. Anne Cormac (later Anne Bonny, the famous female pirate) grew up in
the area and met her husband, pirate James Bonny in Charleston. It was from Charleston that Blackbeard kidnapped Council member Samuel Wragg and his
young son, holding them hostage until his crew received necessary medicines. Stede Bonnet, “the Gentleman Pirate” met his end at the end of a
hangman’s noose after his pleas were ignored. He was buried on White Point Shoal (now the Battery Garden); although most pirates were dumped
unceremoniously into the ocean. Is it possible Bonnet still roams the area, displaced and angry, threatening in a raspy, breathy way because his final
words were useless?...
(Rock Creek (Bullhead))
Rock Creek Day School- Witnesses report hearing an old record player, foot steps and doors opening when the building is empty. teacher's grading
papers late at night will also hear voices and paper, desk, and chairs moving around. One occasion the head cook opened early to cook breakfast and
heard voices coming toward her but no one was there. Another occasion people have seen a man and woman peeking out of the window late at night when
they pass by the school.
A long time ago there was a flood in Rock Creek that took out a graveyard, the water covered the entire village and all of the coffins were floating
around and they had to evacuate to the hills, horseback riders roped the coffins to bring to shore. A lot of the coffins were opened and no bodies
were missing. A lot of the bodies were sunk into the sand. So it is to be believed that the whole village is haunted.
Mills Plantation-The plantation is said to be haunted by ghosts of soldiers from the Civil War. Apparations have been reported to have been seen,
unexplanable noises have been heard, pictures have shifted by themselves. Home is currently owned by country music star Loretta Lynn and is open for
tours as part of Loretta Lynn's Rance. The home was featured on a Travel Channel special called "Loretta Lynn's Haunted Plantation."
Big Thicket Light, or the Sarasota Lights:
Bragg Road was a seven-mile railroad bed for a Santa Fe branchline from Bragg Station (now Farm Road 1293), to Saratoga. Rails were laid down in 1901
but pulled in 1934. The bed remained and became a well used road through dense woods in the Big Thicket. According to the Handbook of Texas Online,
ghostly lights frequented the area where Spanish conquistadors hid treasure, or the light was a bit of fire that never extinguised after the Kaiser
Burnout. The light was also said to be the ghost of a man shot during the burnout, during the 1860s.
Another story claims that Mexican road workers were killed by their foreman (who refused to pay their wages), so their uneasy souls haunted the piece
of ground that cost them their lives. Yet another story claims the light(s) were from a spectral fire pan carried by a night hunter who got lost in
the Big Thicket. The most popular story seems to be of the man who sold his farm to work on the railroad line, becoming a brakeman on the "Saratoga".
When the railroad cut down on its runs, the man lost his job and died soon after. His restless spirit, carrying its brakeman's lantern, still walks
the road bed.
Clearfield Job Corps Center - 20 West 1700 South- The entire Job Corps Center is filled with supernatural activity. This Center is the site of an old
Navy base. Here is a list of the prominent hauntings:
Dorm E - This building is haunted by three spirits. The most active is a little girl, of about 5 or 6, who stands by the doorway at the entrance to
the dorm. Also, the girl walks up and down the halls bouncing a ball. Another ghost, possibly that of a resident adviser, can be seen walking down
the hall checking on the students in their rooms. The third ghost is unidentified. It is believed to be a student who has died recently.
Dorm L - This area is haunted by an old military nurse. She could be the same one that haunts the TB Dorm. She walks up and down the halls.
Movie Theater - This area used to be the military morgue. Like all morgues, it is said to be haunted.
TB Dorm - These dorms are haunted by an old military nurse.
St. Michael's College- There are a couple of places on the campus that seem to have ghostly visitors. The first being the theater that is supposedly
haunted by a nun who assists the actors. There have also been incidents reported during performances of props disappearing with no explanation. The
second being the men's first year dormitory seems to house an evil presence.
It is believed that in the 1960's or 1970's, a group of young men were holding some sort of occult meetings. One of the men insisted that he needed to
close the 'portal' before they left, but by that time the security had arrived and they were thrown off campus. The door to the attic is padlocked
shut. However, lights go on in the attic and footsteps are heard in the middle of the night by the residents on the top floor. The image of the
pentagram still exists on the floor despite attempts to replace the wood.
Big A Mountain- A helicopter crash left large chunks of metal from the aircraft and bones in the trees on big a mountain. Local people from the area
were first on the scene and one man found a dying victim moaning but he was too late to save the person's life. He returned to the spot years later
and said he could still hear the person moaning and felt a cold chill and the smell of death still fills the air around the area where the helicopter
Lighthouse Resort- The Lighthouse Resort then known as The Lighthouse Motel was built in the 1950's. The older "ridge" cabins are haunted. Guests
write in journals that are in the rooms and there are entries of TV's turning on and off. Rocking chairs rocking for ten minutes or more for no
reason. Doors opening and closing with no explanation. Waking up and finding the living room furniture arranged and moved. The words, "I can't breath"
& "burn" have been whispered in a visitors ear while in bed.
West Virginia Penitentiary- Thousands of prisoners went through the gates of the jail while it was open, but not all of them came back out...
Many, many deaths have been documented over the years, including 94 excecutions, mostly hangings and 9 of them being an electric chair. One other
death took place in the boiler room, which is where prisoners with grudges against eachother usually did their business. One man was actually beaten
to death, dismembered, and had his body pieces scattered all over the floor of the boiler room. It's this unfortunate man's spirit that caused the
horrific amount of poltergeist activiy in this area.
The most haunted part of the jail is thought to be the psychiatric ward, cries & wailing are often heard, along with apparitions and shadowy figures
being seen, when no one's about. Probably the most terrifying area are the cells in the solitary confinement area. One inmate, nicknamed "Red" was
stabbed to death 37 times by a fellow inmate. He bled so much that the entire floor in his cell was covered in blood, and some people still claim to
feel a sticky substance on the floor, as well as a sickly sweet smell in the air. The electric security gates have also been known to open and close
of their own accored...
Nashotah House Seminary- The grounds of this Episcopal seminary have been inhabited since the 1500s, and have been inhabited by a ghost since the
mid-1700s. When an acolyte to the Episcopal priesthood attended this seminary, his wife had an affair with the Dean. To accommodate this affair, the
woman hanged her husband; it was ruled a suicide, however. Since committing suicide is a mortal sin, the acolyte was buried in a cornfield rather than
the cemetery. On her deathbed, the cheating wife confessed to her crime. The seminary wished to rightfully bury the body, so they exhumed the casket
only to find that it was empty. It is said that the acolyte still haunts the grounds trying to get justice.
Green River Library- People have reported hearing strange noises and books falling off the shelves at night. One person even stayed the night in the
library. They reported having many different eerie feelings. But they didn't see anything until they remembered they had their voice recorder
recording in the conference room. It had several unexplained clicks on it. Then about halfway through someone breathed into it. Then on the other side
of the tape, a small girl is heard yelling, "HELLO!" And they reported that they were the only ones in the library!
One night the janitor was vacuuming and the light came on upstairs so he went to turn it off, but when he returned the vacuum was gone and then he
heard someone upstairs vacuuming and when he went up there nobody was there! As it turns out they had built the new library on the old city graveyard.
A new graveyard was constructed up the hill and it was thought that all graves had been removed from the old site and were accounted for. Not quite.
During construction, workers dug up several old caskets, which broke open and the bones fell out.
edit on 25-10-2011 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)